Quarter of Americans are Athiests

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
User avatar
John T
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by John T » Tue May 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Peter Kirby wrote:John T is just triggered. The fivethirtyeight website had the article in the OP, that's liberal media, and the memeplex in his brain spasmed onto the thread.
Brought to you by the same liberal crack-pots
The typical dirty trick used by liberal polls
I remember going over the liberal polls
Liberal is as stoned stupid believes
Don't expect him to say anything intelligent when he feels like he is under attack by liberals. This is the fight-or-flight limbic response speaking. He is reciting angry vitriol and will stop only when he no longer feels like he is being threatened by liberal ideas.
Thank you Dr. Kirby for your spot on diagnosis.

I am now cured from truth. :cheers:
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift

User avatar
John T
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by John T » Wed May 24, 2017 7:10 am

Peter Kirby wrote:John T is just triggered. The fivethirtyeight website had the article in the OP, that's liberal media, and the memeplex in his brain spasmed onto the thread.

Don't expect him to say anything intelligent when he feels like he is under attack by liberals. This is the fight-or-flight limbic response speaking. He is reciting angry vitriol and will stop only when he no longer feels like he is being threatened by liberal ideas.
:tomato:

The success of the alt-left propaganda site, FiveThirtyEight depends on readers who do not bother to verify the methods of the poll. It is like reading the small print disclaimers on the bottom of the T.V. commercial...who has the time to bother with that?

So, for the sake of those who blindly place their faith in alt-left propaganda simply because they say what they want to believe, let me briefly explain why it is a junk poll and can not be trusted.

This is their claim. "...our most credible indirect estimate is 26% (albeit with considerable estimated method uncertainty). [bold/italic emphasis mine] Our data and model predict that atheist prevalence exceeds 11% with greater than .99 probability, and exceeds 20% with roughly .8 probability."...Gervais/Najle

https://osf.io/preprints/psyarxiv/edzda

Translation: Results may vary, use at your own risk.

This does not appear to be scientific poll but rather a junk-poll. Why? They admit they inferred their numbers from a bias formula known as a Bayesian Estimate and mixed it together with the disputed method called an, "Unmatched Count Technique".

Although there is a Yes or No question: "I do not believe in God." They do not simply count how many times people answered "Yes" but guess how many times the answer might have been yes.

Junk poll is as FiveThirtyEight reports.:banghead:
Last edited by John T on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift

User avatar
John T
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by John T » Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 am

Peter,

Knowing how fair and balanced you are, I thought maybe you should take a look at how 538 does its polling average on the approval rating of Trump.

Nate Silver says Trump's base is shrinking with the approval rating of 39%. Yet, Rassmusen has Trump at 48% and climbing.

See if you can spot how Nate Silver manipulates the numbers to make them say what he wants them to say, i.e. America hates Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... rack_may24

Regards,

John T
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift

User avatar
spin
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by spin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Threads like this are an anthropologist's, or a cognitive scientist's, delight.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes

User avatar
John T
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by John T » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:51 pm

spin wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:51 pm
Threads like this are an anthropologist's, or a cognitive scientist's, delight.
You got that right but likely for all the wrong reasons.

Cognitive scientists are trying to figure out why so-called atheists are so closed minded.

http://www.psypost.org/2017/06/study-fi ... ious-49182

What is the difference between being a closed minded atheist and a bigoted atheist?

Ouch! :tomato:
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift

User avatar
spin
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by spin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

John T wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:51 pm
spin wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:51 pm
Threads like this are an anthropologist's, or a cognitive scientist's, delight.
You got that right but likely for all the wrong reasons.

Cognitive scientists are trying to figure out why so-called atheists are so closed minded.

http://www.psypost.org/2017/06/study-fi ... ious-49182

What is the difference between being a closed minded atheist and a bigoted atheist?

Ouch! :tomato:
I don't know much about atheists, though apparently more than you know about cognitive scientists. :whistling:
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes

User avatar
John T
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by John T » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm

spin wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I don't know much about atheists, though apparently more than you know about cognitive scientists. :whistling:
I'm glad to hear it.
So, knowing that you are so much smarter than I in cognitive sciences, please explain why so many self-professed atheists still believe in ghosts, luck and astrology and then lash out at theists who do not?

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-cognit ... ce-2795012
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift

User avatar
spin
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by spin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 pm

John T wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm
spin wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I don't know much about atheists, though apparently more than you know about cognitive scientists. :whistling:
I'm glad to hear it.
So, knowing that you are so much smarter than I in cognitive sciences, please explain why so many self-professed atheists still believe in ghosts, luck and astrology and then lash out at theists who do not?

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-cognit ... ce-2795012
I have no interest in either atheists or ghosts. Nor do I have interest in hamfisted trolling expeditions.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes

User avatar
John T
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 am

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by John T » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:25 am

spin wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 pm
John T wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm
spin wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I don't know much about atheists, though apparently more than you know about cognitive scientists. :whistling:
I'm glad to hear it.
So, knowing that you are so much smarter than I in cognitive sciences, please explain why so many self-professed atheists still believe in ghosts, luck and astrology and then lash out at theists who do not?

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-cognit ... ce-2795012
I have no interest in either atheists or ghosts. Nor do I have interest in hamfisted trolling expeditions.
Yet, here you are ham-fisted, trolling away.

If not, you being an expert on cognitive dissonance, what percentage of so-called atheists only label themselves as atheists out of a cognitive dissonance response to assuaged their guilt of hating the morality of Christianity?

Trolls don't cite evidence they only troll. :cheeky:
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift

User avatar
spin
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Quarter of Americans are Athiests

Post by spin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:21 am

John T wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:25 am
spin wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 pm
John T wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm
spin wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I don't know much about atheists, though apparently more than you know about cognitive scientists. :whistling:
I'm glad to hear it.
So, knowing that you are so much smarter than I in cognitive sciences, please explain why so many self-professed atheists still believe in ghosts, luck and astrology and then lash out at theists who do not?

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-cognit ... ce-2795012
I have no interest in either atheists or ghosts. Nor do I have interest in hamfisted trolling expeditions.
Yet, here you are ham-fisted, trolling away.

If not, you being an expert on cognitive dissonance, what percentage of so-called atheists only label themselves as atheists out of a cognitive dissonance response to assuaged their guilt of hating the morality of Christianity?

Trolls don't cite evidence they only troll. :cheeky:
Uh-huh.

If you must, leave another droll riposte below....
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests