New twist: Give us a varifiable fact!

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
Eric

New twist: Give us a varifiable fact!

Post by Eric »

I noticed in these posts, as in other boards that atheist come on and question those with a belief in a Deity. So here is your chance atheist. Give us (those who believe in a Deity) a verifiable fact, that there can be NO Deity and then we will put your faith to test. This ought to be fun. :D
To become fully human is divine.
spin

Re: New twist: Give us a verifiable fact!

Post by spin »

Eric wrote:I noticed in these posts, as in other boards that atheist come on and question those with a belief in a Deity. So here is your chance atheist. Give us (those who believe in a Deity) a verifiable fact, that there can be NO Deity and then we will put your faith to test. This ought to be fun. :D
Can you give anyone a verifiable fact that unicorns don't exist? Well, if you can't, why shouldn't I believe in them?

The onus is clearly on those who think something exists to demonstrate that existence.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
beowulf

Re: New twist: Give us a varifiable fact!

Post by beowulf »

It makes no difference whether or not gods exist.

The servants of gods, however, exist and are important because their existence affects the life of people. Choosing a god is like choosing a political party and only in this mundane manner can gods exist for as long as their servants remain alive.

The death of a culture signifies the death of whichever useless god was protecting that group of worshipers.

:)
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

This is a sentence in the English language.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Cheerful Charlie

Post by Cheerful Charlie »

Eric wrote:I noticed in these posts, as in other boards that atheist come on and question those with a belief in a Deity. So here is your chance atheist. Give us (those who believe in a Deity) a verifiable fact, that there can be NO Deity and then we will put your faith to test. This ought to be fun. :D
What you are referring to is, strong atheism, proving God does not exist. You are on. I will start two new threads here.
One will be strong atheism - Omnigenesis. The other, strong atheism, God's omnipotence.

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful Charlie - Strong atheist and jolly well proud of it.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Cheerful Charlie wrote:
What you are referring to is, strong atheism, proving God does not exist. You are on. I will start two new threads here.
One will be strong atheism - Omnigenesis. The other, strong atheism, God's omnipotence.

Cheerful Charlie
Looking forward to it.
To become fully human is divine.
Phil Stutt

Post by Phil Stutt »

It is impossible to prove a negative e.g. that god does not exist. It is possible to prove a positive e.g that the Earth revolves around the Sun. So, is it not interesting that those that believe can not prove the existence of a god? Perhaps their inability to prove the existence of god, in fact, proves its non existence.
LemSat

Post by LemSat »

[quote="Phil Stutt"]It is impossible to prove a negative e.g. that god does not exist. It is possible to prove a positive e.g that the Earth revolves around the Sun.[/quote]
Well on the other hand you can also prove that earth does not revolve around Jupiter, and you could do this without proving that Earth revolves around the Sun.

[quote="Phil Stutt"]So, is it not interesting that those that believe can not prove the existence of a god? Perhaps their inability to prove the existence of god, in fact, proves its non existence.[/quote]
Good point.