Priest raises protest at consecration of female bishop

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
igloo

Priest raises protest at consecration of female bishop

Post by igloo »

Rev. Paul Williamson, raises protest against the consecration of the female bishop by the Church of England:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQwWIv1L0kc

I was wondering if the ceremony could go smooth, and here's the voice in the desert...
Sheshbazzar

Re: Priest raises protest at consecration of female bishop

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Without going into the arguments about 'what is, or is not to be found within the Bible'. The question at hand, is one of whether the Christian religion can retain respect, or remain relevant in the modern world, while continuing to teach ancient domineering patriarchal misogynism, and the subjugating and treating the female half of the entire world's human population as being permanently inferior, based upon the male composed mythology of an in common female inheritance of 'Eve's sin'.

There are many things that are 'written in the Bible' that are now commonly acknowledged in civilized nations, to be socially counter-productive and contributors to spousal and pediatric abuse, as well as texts used in the promoting of unjustified racism and religious and cultural discriminations and injustices.
The fundamentalists may thump their Bible texts. and squeal like so many stuck pigs, but modern societies are no longer going to be impressed, or look down on such huge segments of humanity simply because ancient religious texts written by MEN demand such subjugation to their views and proclamations.

Socially conscious Christianity looks to the provision of equitable justice and opportunity for the welfare of all peoples, and of both sexes, and will not be constrained to a slavish cleaving to the letter of old religious texts that some retrograde fundamentalists wish to employ and impose to drive advancing humanity back into the primitive patriarchal social religious forms of the 1st century, where women, children, and slaves are to be owned, subjugated, and treated like a man's livestock.

Female Priests, intimately familiar and personally experienced with the problems and challenges of being female, are of far more service to the female population than the dried up old pervert Priests, many of whom have never experienced the challenges and responsibilities that come with marriage and the rearing of children (other than while buggering altar boys)

The men have had their day, and have repeatedly managed to display some of the worst behavior that mankind is capable of under the guise of their religion.
Male Priests ought to now be thanking their paper god that they are even any longer allowed to speak from a pulpit or to lead any congregation, and that they have not yet been tossed out into the streets and properly tarred and feathered.

DCHindley

Re: Priest raises protest at consecration of female bishop

Post by DCHindley »

igloo wrote:Rev. Paul Williamson, raises protest against the consecration of the female bishop by the Church of England:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQwWIv1L0kc

I was wondering if the ceremony could go smooth, and here's the voice in the desert...
And this came from a married priest (CoE priests are allowed to marry in good protestant fashion). What if a celibate Catholic priest were to stand up and complain that a married Episcopalian (CoE in the USA aka Anglican) priest was allowed to become a Catholic priest? I think this has happened, and the church allows them to remain married.

The CoE has long had high order and low order churches, the former being much closer to Roman Catholic ways than the latter, which is more "evangelical." Haven't the CoE and the Anglicans been ordaining woman priests for a decade or so already?

The local cable channel for Catholic programming has a host that looks and dresses exactly like Pee Wee Herman, and the producers seem to think 99.999% of all Catholic women use the rhythm method of birth control and want nothing more than to pop out and raise babies. They are the Catholic equivalents of the protestant Duggers (19 Kids and Counting TV show), who clearly represent an extreme position even in protestant circles.

Alas, my lovely wife approaches ... with a list of chores while we are "snowed in." Well, actually not quite yet, but we'll get another 7 inches later today and overnight. I'll probably just wear shorts today. Did I mention that my wife is Roman Catholic? We only have 2 children (one of her Aunts had 15) so we're the heretics. I don't go to her church anymore, especially after I exclaimed "Gosh Golley!" (not my real words) loudly in church when my oldest child called me 10 times in a row while in the pews. No one usually calls, so I didn't turn it off. That'll teach me ... :goodmorning:

DCH