Sub-form name change...?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

spin

Sub-form name change...?

Post by spin »

I realize this is a benevolent dictatorship and the power that be has decided on the name of this forum, but if I grovel for a few moments can I appeal to the power that be for a more intellectually neutral forum name? "General Soul-Sung Idiocies, Sir" is not going to get a lot of likes on facebook. "Major Soul-Sung Idiocies, Sir" won't cut it either. "Religious Looney Bin"? I guess not. Umm, "Religious thought"? Spose that is an oxymoron. "Rectory"? Somebody's bound to make a rectal joke or two. What about... "Religion talk"? Doesn't aspire to any pretensions I can see. No much room for misuse. No apparent aspersions. How about it, "Religion talk", boss?
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: Sub-form name change...?

Post by Peter Kirby »

But I was so fond of the anagram! ("General Religious Discussion")
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
spin

Re: Sub-form name change...?

Post by spin »

Peter Kirby wrote:But I was so fond of the anagram! ("General Religious Discussion")
Pretty good... and I certainly didn't notice it. Maybe if you called it "General Religious Discussion" and use "or, for the perverse, General Soul-Sung Idiocies, Sir. Talk about religious issues here." as the subtitle. That would not be so off-putting and you can still be fond of it.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes