Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

dveler2255 wrote:If you knew what sin was than you would know the search for knowledge is not a sin. But first come to know what sin is. Those in Christ's day thought sin was the violation of the Law. The world believes sin is living an unrighteous life. God Said he would send his Holy Spirit to reprove the world of Sin. meaning he would tech us the true meaning of sin. Learn what is sin than you will know if seeking knowledge is sin or not

Dan
Sin is your go nowhere reply.

Knowledge is as described in Genesis.

Do you see A & E as doing the right thing the way the Jews who wrote Genesis called it or do you take the Christian view of eden being where mankind fell?

Regards
DL
dveler2255

Post by dveler2255 »

Let me go further an explain what sin is. Sin is that fact that a person denying the record the Father gave to us through his SON. This is taught to us in the new testament:

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

So to seek knowledge is not sin

Dan
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

dveler2255 wrote:Let me go further an explain what sin is. Sin is that fact that a person denying the record the Father gave to us through his SON. This is taught to us in the new testament:

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

So to seek knowledge is not sin

Dan
So then you would have to see God punishing A & E for seeking knowledge as unjust. Right?

Regards
DL
dveler2255

Post by dveler2255 »

So then you would have to see God punishing A & E for seeking knowledge as unjust. Right?

The answer is NO HE is not. The knowledge I thought you were asking about was the understanding that come only from GOD. Adam and Eve were not condemned for the knowledge they obtained but it was how they came into it. They were condemned for disobeying the word of GOD. God told them the day they ate of the tree that they would surely die. They knew the sentence to follow if they disobeyed the words of GOD. It was not something that was told to them after the fact but before that they might know what would happen to them. What they did was openly disobeyed GOD and knew their end if they did. The Fault lies with them.
Just another thought if you read what was created on the first day which was light from darkness, by understanding their differences you would have knowledge. The light that was created on the first day is not the light created on the fourth day.

Dan
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

dveler2255 wrote:So then you would have to see God punishing A & E for seeking knowledge as unjust. Right?

The answer is NO HE is not. The knowledge I thought you were asking about was the understanding that come only from GOD. Adam and Eve were not condemned for the knowledge they obtained but it was how they came into it. They were condemned for disobeying the word of GOD. God told them the day they ate of the tree that they would surely die. They knew the sentence to follow if they disobeyed the words of GOD. It was not something that was told to them after the fact but before that they might know what would happen to them. What they did was openly disobeyed GOD and knew their end if they did. The Fault lies with them.
Just another thought if you read what was created on the first day which was light from darkness, by understanding their differences you would have knowledge. The light that was created on the first day is not the light created on the fourth day.

Dan
Scriptures show that A & E were too stupid to do God's first command, ---- which he did not punish them for back in Gen 1, --- when he told them to reproduce. They could not as they were too dumb to even know they were naked.

Why the double standard of punishing them for the second command they broke and not the first?

Also, scriptures are clear that the could not reproduce without the knowledge of the tree of knowledge which scholars indicate to be the knowledge of everything.

Why did God want to keep A & E that stupid?

Would you ever order your children to stay stupid and never go to school?

Regards
DL