I am not asking you, I am telling you! Fantasy based

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

iskander

Re: I am not asking you, I am telling you! Fantasy based

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Thanks for this.

I am not looking to change from a Gnostic Christian to a Buddhist.

My focus these days is on morality and not the supernatural aspects of the various belief systems.

I prefer to talk about reality and not fantasy.

Regards
:cheers: :notworthy:
tbyrnesshaw

Post by tbyrnesshaw »

I am rather sad I looked in on this blog. I thought it would be considered and rational.

I expect to see comments by people with backgrounds in Ancient languages, Ancient history, historical developments seen as historical to be described, the anthropology of religions, etc. Are they out there?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

tbyrnesshaw wrote:I am rather sad I looked in on this blog. I thought it would be considered and rational.

I expect to see comments by people with backgrounds in Ancient languages, Ancient history, historical developments seen as historical to be described, the anthropology of religions, etc. Are they out there?
What has been said that is not rational to you?

All that is required of the anthropology of religion, from a moral standpoint, is to know that both Christianity and Islam are immoral creeds that had to grow themselves by the sword instead of good deeds. Right?

Regards
DL
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

tbyrnesshaw wrote:I am rather sad I looked in on this blog. I thought it would be considered and rational.

This forum is not edited. You will find some high quality discussion on this forum, but you will also find other things.

Your best friend is a university library if you just want to soak up the information we have from recognized experts. Short of that, find PDFs and read.

There is some interesting stuff on this forum that you won't find in the stacks or on Jstor because no scholar has had the foolishness or the temerity (take your pick) to try to publish it yet. Sometimes it's just very obscure, even for academic study of religion. So this is the kind of place that is interesting to follow if you care about alternative theories and/or things that may one day be scholarship.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
iskander

Post by iskander »

This site ts excellent
http://historical-jesus.info/
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
outhouse wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote: The Eastern religions, notably some forms of Buddhism are superior.

DL

:facepalm: LOL

They are all crap and that is even more fantasy based then Christianity.
Not really Buddha was a man. Not a God and they do not seek anything supernatural.

I doubt that you care though regardless of what Buddhism was about. If you did, you would have made a more intelligent remark.

Regards
DL
Ananda,

How would you reply to the OP?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote:[

Ananda,

I would agree that to base a religion and ideology on fantasy supernatural characters is quite foolish.

We are real people and should base our laws and religions on reality and not fantasy and the supernatural.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Ananda,

I would agree that to base a religion and ideology on fantasy supernatural characters is quite foolish.

We are real people and should base our laws and religions on reality and not fantasy and the supernatural.

Regards
DL
Ananda will explain.
Ananda

Post by Ananda »

I seem to have fallen into a condition,(dukkha) vertigo, best described by Andrew Keen but I did learn you don't need a comma after a question mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrXRSQhquk
~Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Ananda,

Regards
DL
Enjoy the movie .