Chimpanzees Believe in God?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Secret Alias

Chimpanzees Believe in God?

Post by Secret Alias »

“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Stuart

Re: Chimpanzees Believe in God?

Post by Stuart »

hum, perhaps that explains the pile of whiskey bottles in the back alley behind the bar.

Yet another case of 2 + :confusedsmiley: = :facepalm:
“’That was excellently observed’, say I, when I read a passage in an author, where his opinion agrees with mine. When we differ, there I pronounce him to be mistaken.” - Jonathan Swift
arnoldo

Post by arnoldo »

Chimps believe in evolution.
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

arnoldo wrote:Chimps believe in evolution.
The chimps I hang out with at this bar called "The Zoo" bristle at any suggestion that Humans & Simians share common ancestors. When it is brought up, they rip your face off. :facepalm:

Actually, what the sticks they throw at the tree hollow signifies is that they like to throw sticks at hollows.

DCH
arnoldo

Post by arnoldo »

No, throwing sticks at hollows serves to scare away predators, therefore ensuring their survival.
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

arnoldo wrote:No, throwing sticks at hollows serves to scare away predators, therefore ensuring their survival.
Y'noe, I have a fake carved stone statue of the three monkeys who "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil," in my cubicle at work. Of course, I do work for a government owned business.*

DCH

* It really is well run. :thumbup: