The Elixir Within...

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Ananda

The Elixir Within...

Post by Ananda »

They will first have to take the elixir within so am sure to win. :lol:

Nothing so dangerously embarrassing as drinking urine.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ke0vq ... dWFFZQD79B

Just some simple Tobacco mixed Salvia Divinorum. :goodmorning:
~Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!
DCHindley

Re: Debate Arrangements

Post by DCHindley »

Ananda wrote:They will first have to take the elixir within so am sure to win. :lol:

Nothing so dangerously embarrassing as drinking urine.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ke0vq ... dWFFZQD79B

Ah, Wasson's "third form" for ingesting AM. The original "water sports?"

DCH
Ananda

Post by Ananda »

DCHindley wrote:
Ananda wrote:They will first have to take the elixir within so am sure to win. :lol:

Ah, Wasson's "third form" for ingesting AM. The original "water sports?"

DCH
Point well taken Peter. It's not easy to talk about urine without getting personal.

Hi DCH,

Here in the 80s, there was a big New Age urine therapy fad, even on the rocks for health and longevity and I even went to a lecture because my friend owned the crystal and semi-precious stone outlet where it was being held without the amanita.

I was just being humorous concerning saliva debate but it is safer than any daily advertised mood enhancer by prescription from your local psychiatric shaman. We had free access in Florida over the internet for the purchase of salvia until the adolescents posted youtube accounts of themselves, (drug selfies) and abused salvia for recreation even while driving putting all in danger. Now it's banned for sale over the net in Florida.

So DCH,

With over 252 pictures of "elixirs" in Egyptian and Christian artwork in Dr. Rush's book which comes with a high-quality cd a taste of which I have posted and links to follow how would you explain it?
Last edited by Ananda on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHindley

Post by DCHindley »

Ananda wrote:Hi DCH,

Here in the 80s, there was a big New Age urine therapy fad, even on the rocks for health and longevity and I even went to a lecture because my friend owned the crystal and semi-precious stone outlet where it was being held without the amanita.

I was just being humorous concerning saliva debate but it is safer than any daily advertised mood enhancer by prescription from your local psychiatric shaman. We had free access in Florida over the internet for the purchase of salvia until the adolescents posted youtube accounts of themselves, (drug selfies) and abused salvia for recreation even while driving putting all in danger. Now it's banned for sale over the net.

So DCH,

With over 252 pictures of "elixirs" in Egyptian and Christian artwork in Dr. Rush's book which comes with a high-quality cd a taste of which I have posted and links to follow how would you explain it?
Well, I have to practice a little decorum due to the high profile (not) gov'mint job I have. So I cannot comment. In the early 80s when I lived in central Florida (east coast, Cocoa Beach), it was all C. Sativa, a little Indica, cocaine and Sopors (not me, but most of the folks I knew did these things, as I was in my mid 20s then, which was OLD by local standards as most of them were in their late teens and early 20s, I made do with beer). We had a really nice beach there and down the A1A (the Intercoastal highway) through Vero Beach, but the surf was not very active. If you were there, I know there is surf in St Augustine and probably south of Miami and/or Tampa or even in the Keys.

There was this older fellow (I think he was about 10-15 years my senior) who worked as an engineer for NASA on Merritt Island but he had a fairly extensive collection of different kinds of pot (I don't think that he smoked it much, but the idea seems kind of scary now), and a TRS-80 with a tape drive(!) for memory. He once showed me the TRS-80 and excitedly spent about 20 minutes showing me how to program it to do simple math. It did not stick (I got my 1st computer when I was about 30, but it was a dinosaur, an Epson Equity II with an amber monochrome monitor, two 80186 chips (80286 chips were still too scarce, so they doubled up), 680 Kb of RAM and a whopping 20 Mb of HDD. I was shocked to learn that it required programs as well as MS-DOS to be useful, so I started to visit PC User Groups to get shareware. Ahh, those were the days.

Peter, as for Wasson's "third form" to ingest AM, I guess that Indians (not "woo-woo" kind) and other Aryans used to drink the urine of someone who had ingested it in order to achieve altered states, but don't ask me to understand how they found out about this. The other two methods are chewing and brewing. Wasson does describe how Siberian shamans would chew the mushroom caps and pee on the snow, after which the reindeer would approach and eat the "yellow snow," after which they'd basically lead Santa's sleigh through the sky. Believe me, no one here is going to engage in "golden showers". That's just gross. We are CIVILIZED peoples, although the mummified "Ice Man" found frozen in the alps was carrying a dried cap or two in a purse, but I doubt he did anything other than chew the dried caps.

DCH
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Re: The Elixir Within...

Post by Peter Kirby »

No worries, I've adjusted the forum, so carry on. (The other thread is for debate arrangements, not extended discussions.)

Split from:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1297
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Ananda

Re: The Elixir Within...

Post by Ananda »

More spectacular than the urine discovery was the need for a MAO inhibitor for DMT to be effective. How did they discover it?
How do we discover anything, trial/error, accident, coincidence, hypothesis, etc?

Oral mythology as the preservation of a culture!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDKueEWdzAE~starts at 15:19
Mythos, Cosmos & Astrotheology

Mike thinks it was by accident, who knows but it works! I am sure we could postulate highly possible conditions where urine would be needed for survival along with amanita.