Atheists Thought Immoral, even by fellow atheists

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Secret Alias

Atheists Thought Immoral, even by fellow atheists

Post by Secret Alias »

“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
spin

Re: Atheists Thought Immoral, even by fellow atheists

Post by spin »

Gone. You should give some info beyond a link.
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Why? I don't have an opinion on these things either way. If you do want my opinion (which is odd because I think I GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY at this forum as it is) I think that in the short term 'atheists' have still been largely molded (apologize for the American English spelling) by religion in terms of their own personal character. 'Believing in God' becomes inconsequential once the die is cast so to speak in terms of character. Nevertheless I do think that the things that religion sought to correct in ancient Roman society among the rabble can't be just wished away. Human beings are generally lazy animals and as Heraclitus says 'all beasts are pastured by blows.' I don't know if you can build a functioning society without fear.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
andrewcriddle

Post by andrewcriddle »

spin wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 am Gone. You should give some info beyond a link.
Try wayback machine

Andrew Criddle
John T

Post by John T »

Secret Alias wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 am Heraclitus says 'all beasts are pastured by blows.' I don't know if you can build a functioning society without fear.
I don't recall that one. Be as that may, the Riddler is more widely known for: "Asses prefer straw to gold."

Or less known: "Man is called a baby by God, even as a child by man".
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."...Jonathan Swift