ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:37 am

Das newe testament deutzsch 1522
das newe testament.PNG
das newe testament.PNG (788.88 KiB) Viewed 14103 times
William Tyndale's New Testament
https://www.bl.uk/collection-items/will ... -testament
Tyndale’s New Testament was the first to be printed in English. This is one of only three copies surviving from the 3,000 or more printed in 1526 by Peter Schoeffer in the German city of Worms. Tyndale’s translation was pronounced heretical in England, so his Bibles were smuggled into the country in bales of cloth. Those discovered owning them were punished. At first only the books were destroyed, but soon heretics would be burned too – including Tyndale himself in 1536.

Melvyn Bragg on William Tyndale: his genius matched that of Shakespeare

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... peare.html

"His words unleashed the imagination of many of his countrymen who had been dumber by Latin. They now had direct access to the stories, the proverbs, the arguments, the wisdom, the wars and revelations and all the richness and darkness of that body of knowledge and it flowed into their conversation and into their lives. Tyndale’s Bible gave the English people permission to think rather than a duty to believe. His conviction was that all souls were equal, which lit the fuse leading to the Putney Debates in the 1640s and discussions on democracy. His challenge to authority opened the way, paradoxically, for the Enlightenment."

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Thomas Muntzer
Bundschuh4.PNG
Bundschuh4.PNG (98.8 KiB) Viewed 14087 times
Thomas Müntzer und der Krieg der Bauern
Es war die Zeit der Umwälzung, die Reformation rüttelte an der bestehenden Ordnung. 1521 herrschte Aufruhr im sächsischen Zwickau: Der junge Priester Thomas Müntzer, der an der Marienkirche predigte, wandte sich gegen die kirchliche und weltliche Obrigkeit. Mit dem Ausbruch des Bauernkrieges wurde er zur Leitfigur des Aufstands.

https://www.3sat.de/page/?source=/dokum ... index.html


Wat Tyler and the Peasants Revolt, 1381
by Ben Johnson
http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/Hi ... ts-Revolt/
Joined by other villagers from all corners of the southeast of England, the peasants decided to march on London in order to plead their case for a better deal before their young king. Not that the peasants blamed Richard for their problems, their anger was aimed instead at his advisors – Simon Sudbury, the Archbishop of Canterbury, and John of Gaunt, the Duke of Lancaster, whom they believed to be corrupt.

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 am

Thomas Muntzer seen as the Robespierre of the Lutheran Revolution by the DDR--And Luther in the role of Danton?.


http://www.deutschlandfunkkultur.de/der ... _id=388978
DDR muntzer.PNG
DDR muntzer.PNG (597.55 KiB) Viewed 14050 times

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:07 pm

iskander wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 am
Thomas Muntzer seen as the Robespierre of the Lutheran Revolution by the DDR--And Luther in the role of Danton?.


http://www.deutschlandfunkkultur.de/der ... _id=388978
DDR muntzer.PNG
I prefer Luther and Danton and Oliver Cromwell


In a sermon preached in 1557 Luther said : “The Word was given in many ways from the beginning. We must not only ask whether it is God’s Word, whether God spoke it, but much more, to whom He spoke it, whether it applies to you or to another.” “The false prophets rush in and say, ‘Dear people, this is God’s Word.’ It is true, and we cannot deny it; but we are not the people to whom He speaks”
(Er1. Ed., 33, 16.)

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 am

The political ideas that powered the Reformation


"In the preface to his reprint of the Epitome, Luther bids farewell to Rome: “Farewell, unhappy, hopeless, blasphemous Rome! The wrath of God hath come upon thee, as thou hast
deserved! We have cared for Babylon, and she is not healed; let us, then, leave her, that she may be the habitation of dragons, spectres and witches, and true to her name of Babel, an everlasting confusion, a new pantheon of wickedness.” FA7"

1520 CE

"AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CHRISTIAN NOBILITY
I. THE THREE WALLS OF THE ROMANISTS

First, when pressed by the temporal power, they have made decrees and said that the temporal power has no jurisdiction over them, but, on the other hand, that the spiritual is above the temporal power

Second, when the attempt is made to reprove them out of the Scriptures, they raise the objection that the interpretation of the Scriptures belongs to no one except the pope.

Third, if threatened with a council, they answer with the fable that no one can call a council but the pope."

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:26 am

"Against the first wall we will direct our first attack.

It is pure invention that pope, bishops, priests and monks are to be called the “spiritual estate”; princes, lords, artisans, and farmers the “temporal estate.” That is indeed a fine bit of lying and hypocrisy. Yet no one should be frightened by it; and for this reason — viz., that all Christians are truly of the “spiritual estate,” and there is among them no difference at all but that of office, as Paul says in 1 Corinthians 12: We are all one body, yet every member has its own work, whereby it serves every other, all because we have one baptism, one Gospel, one faith, and are all alike Christians; for baptism, Gospel and faith alone make us “spiritual” and a Christian people."

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 am

"he second wall is still more flimsy and worthless. They wish to be the only Masters of the Holy Scriptures,...

What would be the use of this commandment, if we were only to believe him who does the talking or who has the highest seat? Christ also says in John 6:45 that all Christians shall be taught of God. Thus it may well happen that the
pope and his followers are wicked men, and no true Christians, not taught of God, not having true understanding.

On the other hand, an ordinary man may have true understanding; why then should we not follow him? Has not the pope erred many times? Who would help Christendom when the pope errs, if we were not to believe another, who had the Scriptures on his side, more than the pope?"

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:20 pm

"The third wall falls of itself when the first two are down...

No one in Christendom has authority to do injury, or to forbid the resisting of injury. There is no authority in the Church save for edification. Therefore, if the pope were to use his authority to prevent the calling of a free council, and thus became a hindrance to the edification of the Church, we should have regard neither for him nor for his authority; and if he were to hurl his bans and thunderbolts, we should despise his conduct as that of a madman, and relying on God, hurl back the ban on him, and coerce him as best we could."

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:19 pm

iskander wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:20 pm
"The third wall falls of itself when the first two are down...

No one in Christendom has authority to do injury, or to forbid the resisting of injury. There is no authority in the Church save for edification. Therefore, if the pope were to use his authority to prevent the calling of a free council, and thus became a hindrance to the edification of the Church, we should have regard neither for him nor for his authority; and if he were to hurl his bans and thunderbolts, we should despise his conduct as that of a madman, and relying on God, hurl back the ban on him, and coerce him as best we could."
Was Luther a perverse anti-Catholic man fully deserving the wrath of the real Catholics .
Or was Luther a Catholic man that offered a better kind of Catholicism .
A lynching mob is wanted???????

iskander
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND HÖLLE

Post by iskander » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:29 am

iskander wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:19 pm
iskander wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:20 pm
"The third wall falls of itself when the first two are down...

No one in Christendom has authority to do injury, or to forbid the resisting of injury. There is no authority in the Church save for edification. Therefore, if the pope were to use his authority to prevent the calling of a free council, and thus became a hindrance to the edification of the Church, we should have regard neither for him nor for his authority; and if he were to hurl his bans and thunderbolts, we should despise his conduct as that of a madman, and relying on God, hurl back the ban on him, and coerce him as best we could."
Was Luther a perverse anti-Catholic man fully deserving the wrath of the real Catholics .
Or was Luther a Catholic man that offered a better kind of Catholicism .
A lynching mob is wanted???????
There is no authority in the Church save for edification.


Church of Scotland appoint Rev Susan Brown as new moderator
Image

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... -1-4581932

Mrs Brown grew up in Penicuik, Midlothian, where her father was a miner at the Bilston Glen colliery.
Mrs Brown is married to Derek Brown, the chaplain at Raigmore Hospital in Inverness and lead chaplain for NHS Highland, and the couple have two adult children.

Post Reply