My Faith as I am Coming to Learn It

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

beowulf

Re: My Faith as I am Coming to Learn It

Post by beowulf »

Eric wrote:
beowulf wrote:
Eric wrote:First off, acknowledgement and many thanks to Peter Kirby for his compassion to this tremendous site! Thank you Peter.

My faith as it grows:
I believe in the teachings of Christ not Christianity
I believe that Christ is part of the Divine Mystery of our Infinite Creator
I believe in the One Divine Infinite Creator
I believe that each of us have a unique Divine Spark, that as we grow to recognize our uniqueness, can then come together in unity as one and continue our unending/everlasting life of 'true free will' which is necessary for life to exist.

That is where it stands now. :D
So, what have you learned here so far? :)
I have learned to laugh and shake my head a lot :thumbup:
I am glad you feel welcome and find us sociable.

After visiting this forum I understood what “ritual impurity” means to the religious and the need to cleanse the evil clinging to my memory and purify my mind.
http://www.catholicforum.com/forums/sho ... on-of-Hell

“Our Lady showed the three Fatima children hell, but she also provided a special rope with which we may rescue those who are about to slip into the pit. The priest was talking about this a little at Mass today. And he mentioned the 15 promises of Our Lady”
Eric

Post by Eric »

So, what have you learned here so far? :)[/quote]

I have learned to laugh and shake my head a lot :thumbup:[/quote]

I am glad you feel welcome and find us sociable.
After visiting this forum I understood what “ritual impurity” means to the religious and the need to cleanse the evil clinging to my memory and purify my mind.
http://www.catholicforum.com/forums/sho ... on-of-Hell

“Our Lady showed the three Fatima children hell, but she also provided a special rope with which we may rescue those who are about to slip into the pit. The priest was talking about this a little at Mass today. And he mentioned the 15 promises of Our Lady”[/quote]

It's funny how timing works. I was was just listening to some of George MacDonald's sermons narrated by Lloyd James, and in one of MacDonald's sermons he made a statement of Hell Fire as the fire that cleanses sinners (a paraphrase of his statement) however, I have it marked in the audio book to re-listen to it in more detail as I have much respect for George MacDonald.
To become fully human is divine.
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

Eric wrote:It's funny how timing works. I was was just listening to some of George MacDonald's sermons narrated by Lloyd James, and in one of MacDonald's sermons he made a statement of Hell Fire as the fire that cleanses sinners (a paraphrase of his statement) however, I have it marked in the audio book to re-listen to it in more detail as I have much respect for George MacDonald.
In the First Unspoken Sermon, MacDonald seems to be saying that the word “fire” is the manifestation of God: “the burning of God, the consuming fire of Love”, as in the “burning bush “episode.

God is found in the darkness illuminated by the visible dark flame of his love .Eventually all is God and suffering exists no more: “Then indeed wilt thou be all in all.”

“If the man resists the burning of God, the consuming fire of Love, a terrible doom awaits him: He shall be cast into the outer darkness who hates the fire of God.

But with this divine difference: that the outer darkness is but the most dreadful form of the consuming fire—the fire without light—the darkness visible, the black flame. God hath withdrawn himself, but not lost his hold. His face is turned away, but his hand is laid upon him still. His heart has ceased to beat into the man’s heart, but he keeps him alive by his fire. And that fire will go searching and burning on in him, as in the highest saint who is not yet pure as he is pure.

But at length, O God, wilt thou not cast Death and Hell into the lake of Fire—even into thine own consuming self? Death shall then die everlastingly,

And Hell itself will pass away,
And leave her dolorous mansions to the peering day.
Then indeed wilt thou be all in all.”
Is this what MacDonald is saying?
Eric

Post by Eric »

beowulf wrote:
Eric wrote:It's funny how timing works. I was was just listening to some of George MacDonald's sermons narrated by Lloyd James, and in one of MacDonald's sermons he made a statement of Hell Fire as the fire that cleanses sinners (a paraphrase of his statement) however, I have it marked in the audio book to re-listen to it in more detail as I have much respect for George MacDonald.
In the First Unspoken Sermon, MacDonald seems to be saying that the word “fire” is the manifestation of God: “the burning of God, the consuming fire of Love”, as in the “burning bush “episode.

God is found in the darkness illuminated by the visible dark flame of his love .Eventually all is God and suffering exists no more: “Then indeed wilt thou be all in all.”

“If the man resists the burning of God, the consuming fire of Love, a terrible doom awaits him: He shall be cast into the outer darkness who hates the fire of God.

But with this divine difference: that the outer darkness is but the most dreadful form of the consuming fire—the fire without light—the darkness visible, the black flame. God hath withdrawn himself, but not lost his hold. His face is turned away, but his hand is laid upon him still. His heart has ceased to beat into the man’s heart, but he keeps him alive by his fire. And that fire will go searching and burning on in him, as in the highest saint who is not yet pure as he is pure.

But at length, O God, wilt thou not cast Death and Hell into the lake of Fire—even into thine own consuming self? Death shall then die everlastingly,

And Hell itself will pass away,
And leave her dolorous mansions to the peering day.
Then indeed wilt thou be all in all.”
Is this what MacDonald is saying?
Not sure Beowulf, I was doing house work (cleaning up the Christmas after effects) and not listening to closely. Will let you know this weekend.
To become fully human is divine.