Ark of the covenant

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

soberxp

Ark of the covenant

Post by soberxp »

Exodus 25
10 And they shall make an ark of acacia wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof. 11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a [g]crown of gold round about. 12 And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four feet thereof; and two rings shall be on the one [h]side of it, and two rings on the other side of it. 13 And thou shalt make staves of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold. 14 And thou shalt put the staves into the rings on the sides of the ark, wherewith to bear the ark. 15 The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it. 16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee. 17 And thou shalt make a [j]mercy-seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. 18 And thou shalt make two cherubim of gold; of [k]beaten work shalt thou make them, at the two ends of the mercy-seat. 19 And make one cherub at the one end, and one cherub at the other end: [l]of one piece with the mercy-seat shall ye make the cherubim on the two ends thereof. 20 And the cherubim shall spread out their wings on high, covering the mercy-seat with their wings, with their faces one to another; toward the mercy-seat shall the faces of the cherubim be. 21 And thou shalt put the mercy-seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. 22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy-seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

just trying to recover ark :cheeky:
outhouse

Re: Ark of the covenant

Post by outhouse »

Sorry but the exodus or ark are fictional events/things. There is nothing to recover.
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

outhouse wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:33 am Sorry but the exodus or ark are fictional events/things. There is nothing to recover.
:wtf: :shock: :o :eh:
over here, Don't you study the history of the bible。Why aren't you interested in this ,The study of the bible should be a comprehensive study, right?
By restoring the ark, I felt that I could understand god well. All the ten commandments are for the protection of marriage, all the good things are around marriage, all the bad things are around marriage, and this is the style of the ark.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

What does any of this have to do with marriage? And why do your (male and female? where's that from?) angels engage in a match of arm wrestling on the place of where God is supposed to sit? Do they feel bored, because the master is on travels?
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

Ulan wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am What does any of this have to do with marriage? And why do your (male and female? where's that from?) angels engage in a match of arm wrestling on the place of where God is supposed to sit? Do they feel bored, because the master is on travels?
They prayed together,LOL, not wrestling :lol:
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 am
Ulan wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am What does any of this have to do with marriage? And why do your (male and female? where's that from?) angels engage in a match of arm wrestling on the place of where God is supposed to sit? Do they feel bored, because the master is on travels?
By putting their hands in God's guts (running with the "man was made in God's image" theme here for the moment)? That's dedication.

Also, as you didn't answer the question regarding marriage: there is no marriage in heaven. At least Jesus said so. There won't be any marriage for the resurrected, either.
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

Ulan wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:26 am
By putting their hands in God's guts (running with the "man was made in God's image" theme here for the moment)? That's dedication.

Also, as you didn't answer the question regarding marriage: there is no marriage in heaven. At least Jesus said so. There won't be any marriage for the resurrected, either.
Exodus 25 25:19 Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends.
make the cherubim of one piece with the cover I don't think this is just a physical union ,It's also a combination of ideas. as the
Genesis 2 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
the ten commandments are for us who on earth , so Our entire society is built up from marriage. Families become communities that become nations,Families are meant to support each other and be a trustworthy base for our lives.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Exodus 25 25:19 Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends.
You should have bolded "at the two ends of the lid", or in other words, the two cherubim are the handles on the far ends of the lid. They are as far away from each other as possible. The space in between is the throne of God. How anyone could get the idea that they would block this throne with their arms is beyond me. It's the throne of God, they are his guardians, and while their faces are supposed to be looking towards each other, they are watching over God, who sits - invisibly for a human being - in the space between them. For them, the view at each other is blocked.
soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 pm make the cherubim of one piece with the cover I don't think this is just a physical union ,
Well, you have to fix handles to a lid somehow. Good for them that they made the handles part of the lid, which may have been heavy enough.
soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 pm It's also a combination of ideas. as the
Genesis 2 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
the ten commandments are for us who on earth , so Our entire society is built up from marriage. Families become communities that become nations,Families are meant to support each other and be a trustworthy base for our lives.
There's no indication that angels are different genders. They seem to be always male (especially in early Genesis), or rather genderless. Also, who knows, those "angels" may have even looked more like those mixed animal/human figures we know from Mesopotamia.
Angels don't marry, so they are the worst example you could pick to promote marriage. If you remember Jesus words as answer to what happens to the bride who married seven brothers consecutively, Jesus says this (Luke 20): "34 Jesus said to them, “Those who belong to this age marry and are given in marriage; 35 but those who are considered worthy of a place in that age and in the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 36 Indeed they cannot die anymore, because they are like angels and are children of God, being children of the resurrection."

Marriage doesn't matter to the heavens. It's an economic arrangement to provide for mortals.
soberxp

Post by soberxp »

Ulan wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:06 am
soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 pm

You should have bolded "at the two ends of the lid", or in other words, the two cherubim are the handles on the far ends of the lid. They are as far away from each other as possible. The space in between is the throne of God. How anyone could get the idea that they would block this throne with their arms is beyond me. It's the throne of God, they are his guardians, and while their faces are supposed to be looking towards each other, they are watching over God, who sits - invisibly for a human being - in the space between them. For them, the view at each other is blocked.
soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 pm make the cherubim of one piece with the cover I don't think this is just a physical union ,
Well, you have to fix handles to a lid somehow. Good for them that they made the handles part of the lid, which may have been heavy enough.
soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 pm It's also a combination of ideas. as the
There's no indication that angels are different genders. They seem to be always male (especially in early Genesis), or rather genderless. Also, who knows, those "angels" may have even looked more like those mixed animal/human figures we know from Mesopotamia.
Angels don't marry, so they are the worst example you could pick to promote marriage. If you remember Jesus words as answer to what happens to the bride who married seven brothers consecutively, Jesus says this (Luke 20): "34 Jesus said to them, “Those who belong to this age marry and are given in marriage; 35 but those who are considered worthy of a place in that age and in the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 36 Indeed they cannot die anymore, because they are like angels and are children of God, being children of the resurrection."

Marriage doesn't matter to the heavens. It's an economic arrangement to provide for mortals.
I understand you. but one piece with the mercy-seat, I still have my idea from my understanding of the bible. tx
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

soberxp wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:11 am
outhouse wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:33 am Sorry but the exodus or ark are fictional events/things. There is nothing to recover.
:wtf: :shock: :o :eh:
over here, Don't you study the history of the bible。Why aren't you interested in this ,The study of the bible should be a comprehensive study, right?
By restoring the ark, I felt that I could understand god well. All the ten commandments are for the protection of marriage, all the good things are around marriage, all the bad things are around marriage, and this is the style of the ark.
This was FICTION, it never happened, there is NO ark.