Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
Gnostic Bishop

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009

Thanks for the far reaching reply. Made me think.

I am disappointed that you would not condemn Yahweh for his use of genocide, if you were to read this myth literally.

We may never know but I do not think Jews stoned many and if they did, it would have been for a capital crime. They, as a small tribe, were all into forgiveness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_ ... nt#Judaism

Further on stoning, I do not think the stoning in scriptures mean stoning in the physical sense. I see a stone as an issue against an idea because I see all that happens in scriptures as happening in our minds. I get this from the terms the bible uses that translate to parts of our brains.

I also get that view from this.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVnbHlvxTHA&t=840s

If you have seen the creation painting in the Vatican collection, you might have noted that God sits in the exact shape of our brains right hemisphere. The Egyptian eye has the same shape and represents the same third eye or inner eye idea.

Your view of the bible are interesting but I see the overall message of the bible a bit differently.

Being a Gnostic Christian, that should not surprise you buddy. I am actually working on an O.P. to try in my bumbling way to explain it. Have a preview. I will not repeat those 3 quotes above at the end here but plan to do that when I post it.

Have you leaned what your bible teaches?

The Bible teaches one to start ones spiritual journey from the bottom i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born Sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are One. This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from Dwait stage , (where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities), graduates to Vishishta Adwait (a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/ fraction of Him) and finally reached to the Adwait stage ( a stage when he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.)

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the saviors journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:17 amI am disappointed that you would not condemn Yahweh for his use of genocide, if you were to read this myth literally.
The mythology even has very obvious clues installed that It should not be read literally; many, many clues, but to address the condemning YHWH part, i'd like to make a Quote/clue here,

"Under the Lawalmost everything requires blood...,
https://biblehub.com/lexicon/hebrews/9-22.htm,
the gist here being that YHWH is being condemned for coming to them where they were at spiritually at the time, while at the same time YHWH is the one who scattered them and disbanded their kingdom too, see. God does not want sacrifices; they wanted to sacrifice to God. God does not require blood, the Law required blood. God did not ask for anyone to hang on a cross, the Sanhedrin guy, who was it, Ananias or something, plainly recorded as saying that "it would be better for one man to die than for the whole kingdom to come down," etc.

So it isn't like none of this is in Scripture, it's that no one wants to contemplate what these mean imo. So imo the same One you want condemned for genocide--against those who were offering their children to Molech, no less, see, you are their defender now?--is the same One Who plainly told the "chosen" that He had no probs with them eating their own children if they did not do the right thing.
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:17 am We may never know but I do not think Jews stoned many and if they did, it would have been for a capital crime. They, as a small tribe, were all into forgiveness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_ ... nt#Judaism

Further on stoning, I do not think the stoning in scriptures mean stoning in the physical sense. I see a stone as an issue against an idea because I see all that happens in scriptures as happening in our minds. I get this from the terms the bible uses that translate to parts of our brains.
i'm not really interested in commenting here, except to say that I am aware of the existence of the law of sin and death in many places today, and in the first world as recently as the Middle Ages, wherein death was the sentence for many minor crimes. Not saying that that necessarily disputes your point here, of course grace was also practiced in those places too, by others prolly
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:17 am I also get that view from this.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVnbHlvxTHA&t=840s

If you have seen the creation painting in the Vatican collection, you might have noted that God sits in the exact shape of our brains right hemisphere. The Egyptian eye has the same shape and represents the same third eye or inner eye idea.

Your view of the bible are interesting but I see the overall message of the bible a bit differently.

Being a Gnostic Christian, that should not surprise you buddy. I am actually working on an O.P. to try in my bumbling way to explain it. Have a preview. I will not repeat those 3 quotes above at the end here but plan to do that when I post it.

Have you leaned what your bible teaches?

The Bible teaches one to start ones spiritual journey from the bottom i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born Sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are One. This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from Dwait stage , (where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities), graduates to Vishishta Adwait (a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/ fraction of Him) and finally reached to the Adwait stage ( a stage when he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.)

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the saviors journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

Regards
DL
not sure how you can Quote all that and still wanna condemn YHWH, Who is also just Spirit, but ok.
Imo you might pick a mythology and stick with it, but I enjoy finding parallels with Islam, etc myself.
Wadr this "condemn YHWH for genocide" shows an I don't wanna say 'ignorance' but likely at least 'blind spot' in Scripture, that imo you certainly cannot support with Quotes, holistically anyway. "Homosexually" maybe, iow if you get to Quote yours and do not acknowledge the Others that I would Quote, like most Christians do, but regardless you might address this hard-on for YHWH some kind of way, I mean why not condemn Krishna or Vishnu or Whoever, Hindu's Supreme Being? Same One, right?
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009

Condemning the Gods that are more eastern than western would have me talking to almost 0 people.

The mainstream here is Christianity and that is why I focus on it, as it is the one promoting homophobia and misogyny in the West, where I live.

If I can put some sense into Christians who idol worship a genocidal son murderer while thinking him good, I will count that as a success in reducing the amount of harm the mainstream religions bring to us.

As to your last. I do not recognize any supreme being. I do think that the ideology that I follow is supreme or I would not call myself a Gnostic Christian. Part of being an esoteric ecumenist is that it I find any tenet that is superior to whatever tenet I presently hold, it is basically my duty to embrace the new and discard the old. Not evolving a religion is what has made idol worshipers hang on to putrid Gods and their ways.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 am bbyrd009

Condemning the Gods that are more eastern than western would have me talking to almost 0 people.
the division between the two is marked in Scripture, as far as east is from west, lightning flashes from east to west, etc, and I haven't seen it remarked here (BC&H) yet, but i'm sure someone in here is aware that Scripture was written from the Eastern Dialectic, and not from a Logical pov?

So my point is that Scripture seeks to get ppl, Western ppl, to an Eastern way of thinking, "change your mind" and all that, while also hiding this wisdom from "the wise," or Logicians/determinists/Hegelian thinkers (an implied winner and loser in every transaction).

Of course we are raised from the cradle and intimately fam with the Hegelian Dialectic (go team), hence to "God is a monster" or "God is awesome," when I read that God is going to some lengths to assure us that both are true, "...and I create evil, (too), I the Lord (terrible translation, that, but nevermind for now) do all these things."
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 am The mainstream here is Christianity and that is why I focus on it, as it is the one promoting homophobia and misogyny in the West, where I live.
I am able to agree with you, oh, homophobia, ok, imo they actually manifest at least much of the literal homosexuality (irrelevant) via their spiritual homosexuality (what matters), but i'm still trying to get a handle on just what "spiritual homosexuality" even means to us today; currently it strikes me as another way to say "Hegelian dialectic," but that may not be right.
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 am If I can put some sense into Christians who idol worship a genocidal son murderer while thinking him good, I will count that as a success in reducing the amount of harm the mainstream religions bring to us.
imo those are manifestations of the will of the people, symptoms essentially, and if you blew up the RCC they would just re-establish it anyway. And i know this seems far-fetched ok, but God wants exactly the same thing, and i can Quote the relevant passages. "The Son of Man must be raised up like a snake on a pole in order to draw..." is a huge hint, the priest (us) "Breaking up Nehushtan" is another, Two Greeks came to "worship" Jesus "and He hid from them," i mean it's just everywhere, ok. But fwiw i would heed "Daughters, do not find love until you are ready", bc those swine will just turn and trample you imo ok.
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 am As to your last. I do not recognize any supreme being. I do think that the ideology that I follow is supreme or I would not call myself a Gnostic Christian. Part of being an esoteric ecumenist is that it I find any tenet that is superior to whatever tenet I presently hold, it is basically my duty to embrace the new and discard the old. Not evolving a religion is what has made idol worshipers hang on to putrid Gods and their ways.

Regards
DL
hmm. i drink a cup of coffee every morning, religiosly, so i'm not sure we have the same def there, but i applaud your attempts to distance yourself from the Hegelian Dialectic regardless. Imo you are going to end up agreeing with Scripture more and more maybe w/o realizing it, as you have done in this last paragraph, which i could develop from Scripture--specifically the Bible i mean--also.

God was putrid then bc they were putrid, imo, and fwiw it seems you are using Christians to judge God and prolly the Bible too? But It tells us that many will come from East (ahem) and West and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, etcetc in the kingdom--the climax of the Roman Centurion/daughter passage i think?--so again imo, just like the Christians you seek to enlighten wadr, everyone has found what they sought i guess.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
There is no fear in love

pretty much as Gnostic as it gets i guess
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

"God was putrid then bc they were putrid, imo, and fwiw it seems you are using Christians to judge God and prolly the Bible too?"

I judge their actions and what kind of ideology they follow. If they do not recognize or change the evil ideology then they are not fighting evil and that is what I judge as evil.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 am "God was putrid then bc they were putrid, imo, and fwiw it seems you are using Christians to judge God and prolly the Bible too?"

I judge their actions and what kind of ideology they follow. If they do not recognize or change the evil ideology then they are not fighting evil and that is what I judge as evil.

Regards
DL
well fwiw there are millions of hits for "fight the devil" on google, but none in the Bible. We have a cliche about becoming what you seek to destroy too, I guess, that is surely pertinent here. It is dangerous to consider yourself the arbiter like you are doing here, imo
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:12 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 am "God was putrid then bc they were putrid, imo, and fwiw it seems you are using Christians to judge God and prolly the Bible too?"

Regards
DL
well fwiw there are millions of hits for "fight the devil" on google, but none in the Bible. We have a cliche about becoming what you seek to destroy too, I guess, that is surely pertinent here. It is dangerous to consider yourself the arbiter like you are doing here, imo
??

If you are not the arbiter of your morals and moral sense, who is? :confusedsmiley:

Also, why is it dangerous for you to be your own master of your thoughts? :confusedsmiley:

As to becoming what I hate. I cannot as my hate is born of love just as all your negative biases are born from your positive biases.

I just happen to have a criminal mind and delinquent attitude, mostly both in check, and that makes me proudly better than my interlocutors.

I choose what to hate and they are taught what to hate and cannot have the depth of hate that I can muster. They do not have the love to make it bigger.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 amI judge their actions and what kind of ideology they follow. If they do not recognize or change the evil ideology then they are not fighting evil and that is what I judge as evil.
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 am If you are not the arbiter of your morals and moral sense, who is?
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 amI judge their actions and what kind of ideology they follow. If they do not recognize or change the evil ideology then they are not fighting evil and that is what I judge as evil.
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 am If you are not the arbiter of your morals and moral sense, who is?
Whatever you message was, it went right over my head. Or were you complimenting the sound thinking?

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am
Whatever you message was, it went right over my head. Or were you complimenting the sound thinking?

Regards
DL
in the first judging others is stated, in the second judging self is?