Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

iskander

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am
iskander wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 am Summary of the teaching of the docetic man:

God is in the heart of every man and woman.
John 10:30
30 The Father and I are one
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2397&start=210
I agree, but not your way from what I recall.

Who is your God?

Regards
DL
I am entirely atheist, but I like some religions more than others ( or I dislike some religions less than others).
I was born to atheist parents and I did not read the Bible until long after I retired---- I was looking for an explanation of problebem I had experinced during my long working life as a hospital medical man.
Matin Luther is my preferred religious person
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:41 am
iskander wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 am Summary of the teaching of the docetic man:

Who is your God?

Regards
DL
I am entirely atheist, but I like some religions more than others ( or I dislike some religions less than others).
I was born to atheist parents and I did not read the Bible until long after I retired---- I was looking for an explanation of problebem I had experinced during my long working life as a hospital medical man.
I like his more Gnostic Christian views of religion but he has been quoted saying some odd things.

The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Works 12.94

No gown worse becomes a woman than the desire to be wise. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546)

Men have broad and large chests, and small narrow hips, and more understanding than women, who have but small and narrow breasts, and broad hips, to the end they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Table Talk

“If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.” - Martin Luther

“Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ.”
Martin Luther

Compare these while remembering that most protestant denominations, I think, follow the Catholic view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qnsTr7I04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_bvGTc6SM8

I see the Pope as a liar in the issue shown. Do you?

Regards
DL

Regards
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:29 pm
iskander wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:41 am

Who is your God?

Regards
DL
I like his more Gnostic Christian views of religion but he has been quoted saying some odd things.

The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Works 12.94

No gown worse becomes a woman than the desire to be wise. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546)

Men have broad and large chests, and small narrow hips, and more understanding than women, who have but small and narrow breasts, and broad hips, to the end they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Table Talk

“If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.” - Martin Luther

“Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ.”
Martin Luther

Compare these while remembering that most protestant denominations, I think, follow the Catholic view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qnsTr7I04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_bvGTc6SM8

Regards
DL

Regards
I dislike Luther less than others
Good night
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Also:

Martin Luther, On the Jews and Their Lies:

What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? Since they live among us, we dare not tolerate their conduct, now that we are aware of their lying and reviling and blaspheming. If we do, we become sharers in their lies, cursing and blasphemy. Thus we cannot extinguish the unquenchable fire of divine wrath, of which the prophets speak, nor can we convert the Jews. With prayer and the fear of God we must practice a sharp mercy to see whether we might save at least a few from the glowing flames. We dare not avenge ourselves. Vengeance a thousand times worse than we could wish them already has them by the throat. I shall give you my sincere advice:

First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians. For whatever we tolerated in the past unknowingly ­ and I myself was unaware of it ­ will be pardoned by God. But if we, now that we are informed, were to protect and shield such a house for the Jews, existing right before our very nose, in which they lie about, blaspheme, curse, vilify, and defame Christ and us (as was heard above), it would be the same as if we were doing all this and even worse ourselves, as we very well know.

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God.

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them. ....

Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. For they have justly forfeited the right to such an office by holding the poor Jews captive with the saying of Moses in which he commands them to obey their teachers on penalty of death, although Moses clearly adds: "what they teach you in accord with the law of the Lord." Those villains ignore that. They wantonly employ the poor people's obedience contrary to the law of the Lord and infuse them with this poison, cursing, and blasphemy. In the same way the pope also held us captive with the declaration in Matthew 16, "You are Peter," etc., inducing us to believe all the lies and deceptions that issued from his devilish mind. He did not teach in accord with the word of God, and therefore he forfeited the right to teach.

Fifth, I advise that safe­conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside, since they are not lords, officials, tradesmen, or the like. Let they stay at home. ....

Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping. The reason for such a measure is that, as said above, they have no other means of earning a livelihood than usury, and by it they have stolen and robbed from us all they possess. Such money should now be used in no other way than the following: Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed one hundred, two hundred, or three hundred florins, as personal circumstances may suggest. With this he could set himself up in some occupation for the support of his poor wife and children, and the maintenance of the old or feeble. For such evil gains are cursed if they are not put to use with God's blessing in a good and worthy cause.

Seventh, I commend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, as was imposed on the children of Adam. For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants.

ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Ben C. Smith

Post by Ben C. Smith »

iskander wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:50 pm Image
That essay came 20 years before his later, more hateful works. Perhaps the paucity of Jews converting to the Christian faith en masse depressed the man.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
iskander

Post by iskander »

Another religious squabble
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

iskander wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Regards
DL

Regards
Good night
[/quote]

Even though he said what he did about your own female family members?

Ok.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:17 pm Also:

Martin Luther, On the Jews and Their Lies:

What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? Since they live among us, we dare not tolerate their conduct, now that we are aware of their lying and reviling and blaspheming. If we do, we become sharers in their lies, cursing and blasphemy. Thus we cannot extinguish the unquenchable fire of divine wrath, of which the prophets speak, nor can we convert the Jews. With prayer and the fear of God we must practice a sharp mercy to see whether we might save at least a few from the glowing flames. We dare not avenge ourselves. Vengeance a thousand times worse than we could wish them already has them by the throat. I shall give you my sincere advice:

First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians. For whatever we tolerated in the past unknowingly ­ and I myself was unaware of it ­ will be pardoned by God. But if we, now that we are informed, were to protect and shield such a house for the Jews, existing right before our very nose, in which they lie about, blaspheme, curse, vilify, and defame Christ and us (as was heard above), it would be the same as if we were doing all this and even worse ourselves, as we very well know.

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God.

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them. ....

Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. For they have justly forfeited the right to such an office by holding the poor Jews captive with the saying of Moses in which he commands them to obey their teachers on penalty of death, although Moses clearly adds: "what they teach you in accord with the law of the Lord." Those villains ignore that. They wantonly employ the poor people's obedience contrary to the law of the Lord and infuse them with this poison, cursing, and blasphemy. In the same way the pope also held us captive with the declaration in Matthew 16, "You are Peter," etc., inducing us to believe all the lies and deceptions that issued from his devilish mind. He did not teach in accord with the word of God, and therefore he forfeited the right to teach.

Fifth, I advise that safe­conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside, since they are not lords, officials, tradesmen, or the like. Let they stay at home. ....

Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping. The reason for such a measure is that, as said above, they have no other means of earning a livelihood than usury, and by it they have stolen and robbed from us all they possess. Such money should now be used in no other way than the following: Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed one hundred, two hundred, or three hundred florins, as personal circumstances may suggest. With this he could set himself up in some occupation for the support of his poor wife and children, and the maintenance of the old or feeble. For such evil gains are cursed if they are not put to use with God's blessing in a good and worthy cause.

Seventh, I commend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, as was imposed on the children of Adam. For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants.

As I understand Martin Luther, he hated both Muslims and Jews and chose Jews as worse than Muslims.

I have to wonder what he would say today after all the Inquisitions and Jihads.

Regards
DL
iskander

Post by iskander »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 pm
iskander wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Regards
DL

Regards
Good night
Even though he said what he did about your own female family members?

Ok.

Regards
DL
[/quote]

Yes

Luther was a Catholic priest first , and later a reformer of religion. Erasmus also had received extensive training in religion and later became a reformer of the same religion.
Erasmus was a reformer easily tolerated by the pope, whereas Luther was burning material . I find Erasmus easy to forget, but I admire Luther, warts and all.

In the medieval Christian commonwealth there existed two forces, the church and the king .Each force was instituted by God and given a role. The church possessed the power to bind and loose. The king was the agent to whom God had given the power of the sword. The church provided salvation from hell and her voice was the ruling of God, and the king and his subjects held back the power of evil as identified by the church.

Luther was a believer, but as such he is one of the best. He managed to give a sufficient number of people a new God of their own. Kings and subjects got everything they needed from the scriptures and from Jesus Christ!!! Political Liberation