Page 5 of 7

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:58 am
by Gnostic Bishop
bbyrd009 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:52 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:42 am
There is no contradiction. That is why you did not show it.

Regards
DL
ok, go with that if you like. Best wishes
Ok. Go with not correcting your initial reply to a decent one if you like.

You must think you are quite the swollen headed prize if I should remember you under a new name when you are just another guy who cannot communicate wor5th shit. You are one of the majority.

Regards
DL

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:26 am
by bbyrd009
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:58 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:52 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:42 am
There is no contradiction. That is why you did not show it.

Regards
DL
ok, go with that if you like. Best wishes
Ok. Go with not correcting your initial reply to a decent one if you like.

You must think you are quite the swollen headed prize if I should remember you under a new name when you are just another guy who cannot communicate wor5th shit. You are one of the majority.

Regards
DL
ok, good talking to you too. Same name btw, same everywhere. CD maybe?
Anyway, God loves you GB, and He hates religion even more than you i guess

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:06 am
by Gnostic Bishop
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:26 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:58 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:52 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:42 am
There is no contradiction. That is why you did not show it.

Regards
DL
ok, go with that if you like. Best wishes
Ok. Go with not correcting your initial reply to a decent one if you like.

You must think you are quite the swollen headed prize if I should remember you under a new name when you are just another guy who cannot communicate wor5th shit. You are one of the majority.

Regards
DL
ok, good talking to you too. Same name btw, same everywhere. CD maybe?
Anyway, God loves you GB, and He hates religion even more than you i guess
My God does love me for sure. Yours cannot.

My God also does not mind religion. He minds the immoral ones and embraces the moral ones.

Regards
DL

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 am
by bbyrd009
Wuzzup GB, your head finally explode or what, on that other thread? I can't imagine you ever leaving anyone the last word or anything lol. Hope you're ok bro, hny

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:32 am
by Gnostic Bishop
bbyrd009 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 am
Wuzzup GB, your head finally explode or what, on that other thread? I can't imagine you ever leaving anyone the last word or anything lol. Hope you're ok bro, hny
My head is still intact, thanks, ands I do let others have the last word when it makes sense. I also ignore gratuitous insults.

I don't know what you meant on the other thread. I am too gregarious to recall and have a memory like an absent minded professor. That is why I rely so heavily on logic and reason.

Regards
DL

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:58 am
by bbyrd009
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:32 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 am
Wuzzup GB, your head finally explode or what, on that other thread? I can't imagine you ever leaving anyone the last word or anything lol. Hope you're ok bro, hny
My head is still intact, thanks, ands I do let others have the last word when it makes sense. I also ignore gratuitous insults.

I don't know what you meant on the other thread. I am too gregarious to recall and have a memory like an absent minded professor. That is why I rely so heavily on logic and reason.

Regards
DL
ah, the Greek way it is then. But I suggest that reading the Bible as if It were written that way won't work, fwiw. Not that you're very stuck on th Bible or anything anyway I guess. And in English at least I sure don't blame you :)

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:27 pm
by Gnostic Bishop
bbyrd009 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:58 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:32 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 am
Wuzzup GB, your head finally explode or what, on that other thread? I can't imagine you ever leaving anyone the last word or anything lol. Hope you're ok bro, hny
My head is still intact, thanks, ands I do let others have the last word when it makes sense. I also ignore gratuitous insults.

I don't know what you meant on the other thread. I am too gregarious to recall and have a memory like an absent minded professor. That is why I rely so heavily on logic and reason.

Regards
DL
ah, the Greek way it is then. But I suggest that reading the Bible as if It were written that way won't work, fwiw. Not that you're very stuck on th Bible or anything anyway I guess. And in English at least I sure don't blame you :)
I agree with your view of the bible.

I keep a bible in the house even though I think this quote quite correct.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Then again, I am a Gnostic Christian and know how to read the filth in it.

Said of Gnostic Christian versus Christian bible reading practices.
“Both read the Bible day and night; but you read black where I read white.”
William Blake.

I would take this further and advise you to read any scriptures from as many POV as is within you. Question everything including yourself.

The bible, if read as a book of wisdom, does have much wisdom though.

You just have to read it the way Gnostics do and revers a lot of the Christian morals.

Christians call evil good while Gnostic Christians call evil, evil.

I E. Gnostic Christians think that bible God, the demiurge to us, is quite immoral for thinking that torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it is good justice. Gnostic Christians think that evil while Christians think that a good form of justice.

Which group do you think is right?

Regards
DL

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:11 pm
by bbyrd009
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:32 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 am
Wuzzup GB, your head finally explode or what, on that other thread? I can't imagine you ever leaving anyone the last word or anything lol. Hope you're ok bro, hny
My head is still intact, thanks, ands I do let others have the last word when it makes sense. I also ignore gratuitous insults.

I don't know what you meant on the other thread. I am too gregarious to recall and have a memory like an absent minded professor. That is why I rely so heavily on logic and reason.

Regards
DL
ah, the Greek way it is then. But I suggest that reading the Bible as if It were written that way won't work, fwiw. Not that you're very stuck on th Bible or anything anyway I guess. And in English at least I sure don't blame you :)

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 am
by bbyrd009
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:27 pm
bbyrd009 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:58 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:32 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 am
Wuzzup GB, your head finally explode or what, on that other thread? I can't imagine you ever leaving anyone the last word or anything lol. Hope you're ok bro, hny
My head is still intact, thanks, ands I do let others have the last word when it makes sense. I also ignore gratuitous insults.

I don't know what you meant on the other thread. I am too gregarious to recall and have a memory like an absent minded professor. That is why I rely so heavily on logic and reason.

Regards
DL
ah, the Greek way it is then. But I suggest that reading the Bible as if It were written that way won't work, fwiw. Not that you're very stuck on th Bible or anything anyway I guess. And in English at least I sure don't blame you :)
I agree with your view of the bible.

I keep a bible in the house even though I think this quote quite correct.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Then again, I am a Gnostic Christian and know how to read the filth in it.

Said of Gnostic Christian versus Christian bible reading practices.
“Both read the Bible day and night; but you read black where I read white.”
William Blake.

I would take this further and advise you to read any scriptures from as many POV as is within you. Question everything including yourself.

The bible, if read as a book of wisdom, does have much wisdom though.

You just have to read it the way Gnostics do and revers a lot of the Christian morals.

Christians call evil good while Gnostic Christians call evil, evil.

I E. Gnostic Christians think that bible God, the demiurge to us, is quite immoral for thinking that torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it is good justice. Gnostic Christians think that evil while Christians think that a good form of justice.

Which group do you think is right?

Regards
DL
wow, nice post GB, i have very little to disagree with there. As to the last Q, imo neither one, as imo the passage is not really being read right. i agree w/Dawkins as far as that goes, but imo it is not being grasped that the LAw was given specifically to show that it is inadequate, and the illustrstion of God therin had to comport, see. We are talking about an admitted Chronicle of Failure iow, that most believers will not read bc it does not comport with their fear of God, bc they fear God and do not love Him, iow. And the Bible reflects this too, only in code, "their is no fear in love," after "fear of God is the beginning of wisdom." So the individual's interp becomes the lens through which their soul is revealed, even when they thiunk thwey are revealing "truth" imo. THe OT God is the God we need when we start out iow, bc we are mostly legalists, and the OT God is the God most professed Christians accept bc they still think Jesus died for their sins, literally, when Scripture does not bear this out. But "No Son of Man may die for another's sins" is in There too, see.


so, to address David's "son" specifically, imo there are reasons why the "son" had to live a certain number of days and then die, bc that was not ever really a real baby person, and spiritual insight is being translated in code ther, Dialectic writing iow. "Son" has a spiritual symbology that is being employed, and if we got into who Dave was having the son by, etc, the symbology would clarify. i mean let's admit killing Uriah to steal his wife and have Solomon by her is pretty heinous on the surface too, right. So iow that is the type of guy God was having to deal with then (now, tomorrow with some fng, etc) it is a false perspective of God iow imo, bc we all have false perspectives of God. So imo Christians think that a good form of justice bc they still fear God and have not read to the dialectic conclusion of that, namely "there is no fear in love,", and Gnostic Christians think that (same previous thing) evil bc they have not read dialectically too, and go by the same interp as the Christians. imo. The son had to die (sounds fam, huh) bc of what he repped, not bc "God killed him" iow, at least imo

Re: Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:24 am
by bbyrd009
" jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

see how well this describes the law, or more specifically the civil codes we develop from the Decalogue, similar to the ancient Israeli civil code that is condemned by the OT, or NT anyway for sure, right. "Unjust" might be pushing it a little, but whatever I get his point.

what is often maybe forgotten is that the then current law (of sin and death, in the Israeli code) allowed for a liar to be stoned to death, see, literally, and the Israelis believed they had gotten that from God, when really they got it from the same bunch that wanted to kill the scapegoat? And those were the ones God wanted to be a jealous petty unjust control freak toward, imo. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, but it is much better than the law of sin and death applied literally, which is what they tried to do. Telling them truth would not have worked, they had to be shown it, perhaps, like that