Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
User avatar
Gnostic Bishop
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:23 pm

bbyrd009 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 pm
bbyrd009 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:07 am

Pls I mean weren't you just inquiring about what I might do if I had "God's power?"
Yes, just as I could have asked you what you would do if you had Superman's power.

I do not have to believe in fantasy characters to analyse them.

Why do you think fairy tales are written if not to have us use our imaginations?

Regards
DL
the Bible Itself would inform you exactly the same, and cautions one to not read literally, many times.
the acknowledgement of Ninevah's "Unknown God" addresses your pov pretty thoroughly i guess
Theistic laws are garbage and we have already bested those laws with superior secular laws
doesn't the Bible illustrate exactly the same thing? Even going so far as to state it directly, "the making of ordinances without end" etc. Aren't our own "secualar" laws derived from the Decalogue?
There is nothing unique in law in the bible that was not spoken of in older and wiser religions. The Book of the Dead even ends with a set of commandments that mimic Yahweh's and predate the bible by thousands of years.

Have you noted that the bible says not to kill, yet many of it's laws say to kill the perpetrators?

The secular laws of most countries have scraped death sentences as they more intelligent know that you cannot preach the sanctity of life in one breath and advocate the taking of it in the next. Right?

Regards
DL

User avatar
Gnostic Bishop
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:24 pm

bbyrd009 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:12 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am
but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself
I do not think enlightenment hits one gender more than the other.
ah, i meant to refer to "women" in the spiritual sense, i agree there are no literal male or female involved so to speak
I agree.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Gnostic Bishop
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by Gnostic Bishop » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:27 pm

bbyrd009 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am
but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself.

Imo "homosexuals" in Scripture are likely the opposite of your Healthy Imagination types
I disagree.
They, gays, may be healthier in their thinking than the homophobes and misogynous as they are not led by the fears that create those vile thinking patterns and trends.

Regards
DL
again, you refer to literal homos when i mean to invoke spiritual ones, which is imo what Scripture is doing also
Spiritual homos. :hysterical:

Regards
DL

bbyrd009
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by bbyrd009 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:23 pm
bbyrd009 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 pm


Yes, just as I could have asked you what you would do if you had Superman's power.

I do not have to believe in fantasy characters to analyse them.

Why do you think fairy tales are written if not to have us use our imaginations?

Regards
DL
the Bible Itself would inform you exactly the same, and cautions one to not read literally, many times.
the acknowledgement of Ninevah's "Unknown God" addresses your pov pretty thoroughly i guess
Theistic laws are garbage and we have already bested those laws with superior secular laws
doesn't the Bible illustrate exactly the same thing? Even going so far as to state it directly, "the making of ordinances without end" etc. Aren't our own "secualar" laws derived from the Decalogue?
There is nothing unique in law in the bible that was not spoken of in older and wiser religions. The Book of the Dead even ends with a set of commandments that mimic Yahweh's and predate the bible by thousands of years.
Hammurabi is like Babylonian even, sure
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:23 pm
Have you noted that the bible says not to kill, yet many of it's laws say to kill the perpetrators?
well you might infer that this law was like foisted on the ppl or whatever but in real the law arose bc the ppl were already of that bent, ok, they were violent, an eye for an eye is a terrible law, right, until it's understood that this was meant to limit their retribution. They were all like Sicilians on steroids or whatever, descended from the meanest monkeys in the jungle, i have little doubt lol. The law of sin and death was a real thing back then, and things aren't much diff today i guess
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:23 pm
The secular laws of most countries have scraped death sentences as they more intelligent know that you cannot preach the sanctity of life in one breath and advocate the taking of it in the next. Right?

Regards
DL
oh pls we're talking about Rome here, and they're about to fall lol. I am not in that US, that we is not me

bbyrd009
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by bbyrd009 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:27 pm
bbyrd009 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am
but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself.

Imo "homosexuals" in Scripture are likely the opposite of your Healthy Imagination types
I disagree.
They, gays, may be healthier in their thinking than the homophobes and misogynous as they are not led by the fears that create those vile thinking patterns and trends.

Regards
DL
again, you refer to literal homos when i mean to invoke spiritual ones, which is imo what Scripture is doing also
Spiritual homos. :hysterical:

Regards
DL
for the record i doubt "prophets gone a'whoring" has anything to do with sex either

bbyrd009
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by bbyrd009 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 pm

bbyrd009 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:31 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:27 pm
bbyrd009 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am
bbyrd009 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 am
I disagree.
They, gays, may be healthier in their thinking than the homophobes and misogynous as they are not led by the fears that create those vile thinking patterns and trends.

Regards
DL
again, you refer to literal homos when i mean to invoke spiritual ones, which is imo what Scripture is doing also
Spiritual homos. :hysterical:

Regards
DL
for the record i doubt "prophets gone a'whoring" has anything to do with sex either
and i even must admit to some revelation at digging deeper into the accounts of supposed literal instances of that in the Bible; another story is revealed iow

bbyrd009
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by bbyrd009 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:40 pm

now, is there such a thing as a Spiritual Homosexual?

I don't know, but it strikes me as a good description of a certain popular spiritual state?

Post Reply