Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:07 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am Know that I, as a Gnostic Christian, hold no supernatural belief at all.

Regards
DL
Pls I mean weren't you just inquiring about what I might do if I had "God's power?"
Yes, just as I could have asked you what you would do if you had Superman's power.

I do not have to believe in fantasy characters to analyse them.

Why do you think fairy tales are written if not to have us use our imaginations?

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am Know that I, as a Gnostic Christian, hold no supernatural belief at all.

Regards
DL
Pls I mean weren't you just inquiring about what I might do if I had "God's power?"
Yes, just as I could have asked you what you would do if you had Superman's power.

Why do you think fairy tales are written if not to have us use our imaginations?

Regards
DL
the Bible Itself would inform you exactly the same, and cautions one to not read literally, many times.
the acknowledgement of Ninevah's "Unknown God" addresses your pov pretty thoroughly i guess
"No Son of Man may die for another's sins..." Ezekiel 18:20
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself.

Imo "homosexuals" in Scripture are likely the opposite of your Healthy Imagination types
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
the Bible Itself would inform you exactly the same, and cautions one to not read literally, many times.
the acknowledgement of Ninevah's "Unknown God" addresses your pov pretty thoroughly i guess
To a point, yes. That God was seen to as supernatural or a myth just as all the others though. Useful for contemplating what might be ideal tenets but not really a way to have us reach that ideal.

The laws in a supernatural heaven, as above so below or on earth as it is in heaven is impossible. We have to and should run on different laws. Theistic laws are garbage and we have already bested those laws with superior secular laws.

Regardless of what the right wing loonies think.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropo ... nder-roles

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself
I do not think enlightenment hits one gender more than the other.

Here is how the Gnostic Christians show the process. Think of enlightenment as a vision in your mind.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself.

Imo "homosexuals" in Scripture are likely the opposite of your Healthy Imagination types
I disagree.
They, gays, may be healthier in their thinking than the homophobes and misogynous as they are not led by the fears that create those vile thinking patterns and trends.

Regards
DL
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Theistic laws are garbage and we have already bested those laws with superior secular laws
doesn't the Bible illustrate exactly the same thing? Even going so far as to state it directly, "the making of ordinances without end" etc. Aren't our own "secualar" laws derived from the Decalogue?
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 am but also, our imaginations can get us into trouble sometimes, hence the need for witnesses, etc. It is easy to find oneself on Tares, a psychoactive substance, or to reason like a "woman," emotionally, etc I guess. I have certainly done all these myself
I do not think enlightenment hits one gender more than the other.
ah, i meant to refer to "women" in the spiritual sense, i agree there are no literal male or female involved so to speak
bbyrd009

Post by bbyrd009 »

Gnostic Bishop wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am
bbyrd009 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 am

I disagree.
They, gays, may be healthier in their thinking than the homophobes and misogynous as they are not led by the fears that create those vile thinking patterns and trends.

Regards
DL
again, you refer to literal homos when i mean to invoke spiritual ones, which is imo what Scripture is doing also