Page 1 of 3

A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:37 am
by Geocalyx
I feel kind of triggered by Gnostic Bishop's morality ramblings representing 'gnosis' on this forum ... so let me give a short gnostic sermon as a small outlet of my irritation. Let's have a gnostic religious moment here, however absurd does the very thought sound (gnosis is a reaction to religion, not really a system of beliefs other than the basic ones we commonly have as children).

*cough*

The Father is awesome. Without him, we wouldn't be here, and without him, we wouldn't have a mind to think about him, either.
He is beyond condemnation (kathgoria) though, we can only use the mind to praise the glories that surround him.
His presence is approachable yet unnaproachable and four guiding lights of peace, understanding, perception and contemplation show the way to his presence and it is proper to follow them.
The Father loves all his children, all species (taxis) and wishes for them to tolerate one another and respect each other.

That much is apparent to any little child. However, in the very being (aion) happened a fall. Part of that great invisible Being which is all there is...for that being, has sought to know the Highest; it was Wisdom, for it is in her nature to know things - she became arrogant and stepped out of her place by wanting to know something which was unknowable.
The being's Mind was unwilling to participate in this, so she contorted for herself an image - which became alive and created, in that being, a 'man' in its own image. Thus our own perception of ourselves is not a simple reflection, it is a physical abberation created by a false image of the highest.
Beasts and words have become flesh. Guys and things that never existed now suddenly do, and rule the earth. We should arm our forts of last refuge - our heads - with guards that are thoughts, ramblings, decisions and logic, following the four guiding Lights and not allow our last forts of refuge to become overrun by monsters and fantasies of artificial design.
Common sense will be our redeemer. Great is the Father who has given us Mind to know and understand and love one another, and praise his Son, who shall be the guide, the Savior (sothr), to bring beings from earthly chaos and feel the Father's love.

The Most Holy Random Sermon
On paper, my name is this guy
In the flesh, I am called differently
The Father who inspired this is really cool

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 am
by Geocalyx
PS Catholics seldom get this, but this kind of worldview cannot be considered religion:
... seems like you guys need to believe in your God, while as a gnostic, I should know my kind of highest exists, and I myself am the evidence. There is no device between me and the evidence of cosmic love I receive daily just by being able to exist and think. No faith, no customs, no mystery. Just Father. I am an atheist, I swear by no God. The Father loves me and everyone and that is all that suffices.

This is the Knowledge of the invisible God according to those coptic leftover texts. *shrug* None of that esotero whatever garbage of today, much less gnostic churches and rejected early Christianity and whatnot.

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:59 am
by Gnostic Bishop
Geocalyx wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 am
PS Catholics seldom get this, but this kind of worldview cannot be considered religion:
... seems like you guys need to believe in your God, while as a gnostic, I should know my kind of highest exists, and I myself am the evidence. There is no device between me and the evidence of cosmic love I receive daily just by being able to exist and think. No faith, no customs, no mystery. Just Father. I am an atheist, I swear by no God. The Father loves me and everyone and that is all that suffices.

This is the Knowledge of the invisible God according to those coptic leftover texts. *shrug* None of that esotero whatever garbage of today, much less gnostic churches and rejected early Christianity and whatnot.
I guess that you are not aware of the Jewish esoteric denominations and other cabalistic divisions and teachings that Jesus himself taught.

He taught of our single eye. Third eye to the more eastern religions that trained Jesus. If he ever actually lived that is.

Here are some examples which are a part of a O.P. showing why I call my god I am.

It is not that far from what you think.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:02 am
by Gnostic Bishop
Geocalyx wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:37 am
I feel kind of triggered by Gnostic Bishop's morality ramblings representing 'gnosis' on this forum ... so let me give a short gnostic sermon as a small outlet of my irritation.
Why are you irritated with a Gnostic Christian showing Christians why they are wrong in idol worshiping a h
genocidal son murdering prick of a god?

Gnostic have always named Yahweh a vile demiurge and I follow that moral practice.

What is your beef with that? Where they/we wrong?

Regards
DL

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:50 am
by theeternaliam
You say that Sophia's arrogance and presumptiokn to know God led to her fall yet seem to presume you yourself know the invisible God. Also, you criticize "belief" but seem to forget one of the most important gnostic texts is called the Pistis Sophia, or faith of Sophia. I think it is a failing of most modern day Gnostics to create a dichotomy between knowledge and faith. I think that most early Gnostics probably did not share in this denunciation of Faith and perhaps even glorified Faith by their teachings and mythos. For example, Sophia's mistake was a presumption to intellectually know the unknowable. Her redemption begins with repentance and love for and faith in Christ.

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:53 am
by theeternaliam
I wrote a poem once that includes the verse, " I believe in no thing but I'm not a nihilist. I worship no thing but I'm not an atheist."

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:01 pm
by theeternaliam
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:59 am

He taught of our single eye. Third eye to the more eastern religions that trained Jesus. If he ever actually lived that is.

Here are some examples which are a part of a O.P. showing why I call my god I am.

It is not that far from what you think.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.
The enemy of Sophia who Christ saves her from is named Self-will. It is the oppression of self-will that causes her sufferin.

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:37 am
by Gnostic Bishop
theeternaliam wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:01 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:59 am

He taught of our single eye. Third eye to the more eastern religions that trained Jesus. If he ever actually lived that is.

Here are some examples which are a part of a O.P. showing why I call my god I am.

It is not that far from what you think.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

The enemy of Sophia who Christ saves her from is named Self-will. It is the oppression of self-will that causes her sufferin.
You are an idol worshiper.

Who is your god?

Regards
DL

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:15 pm
by theeternaliam
The arch-archon who traps Sophia and bullies her is named in one of the most important books to ACTUAL GNOSTICS, and his name is Self-Will. I neither agreed or disagreed with this statement, because it's not really arguable because the story of Sophia is a story...written by Gnostics many moons ago.

Now, if you wanna be close minded and refuse to learn anything new, but would rather "preach" that's up to you. But if you think you could learn something from your elders who have been doing this a long time and just might know something, whether you wanna believe them or not, I would recommend to you reading the Pistis Sophia, as you do call yourself a gnostic bishop(rick) and should probably read something by the first folks who called themselves Gnostics or were at least said to.

Re: A gnostic sermon attempt

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 pm
by theeternaliam
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:37 am
theeternaliam wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:01 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:59 am

He taught of our single eye. Third eye to the more eastern religions that trained Jesus. If he ever actually lived that is.

Here are some examples which are a part of a O.P. showing why I call my god I am.

It is not that far from what you think.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

The enemy of Sophia who Christ saves her from is named Self-will. It is the oppression of self-will that causes her sufferin.
You are an idol worshiper.

Who is your god?

Regards
DL

The arch-archon who traps Sophia and bullies her is named in one of the most important books to ACTUAL GNOSTICS, and his name is Self-Will. I neither agreed or disagreed with this statement, because it's not really arguable because the story of Sophia is a story...written by Gnostics many moons ago.

Now, if you wanna be close minded and refuse to learn anything new, but would rather "preach" that's up to you. But if you think you could learn something from your elders who have been doing this a long time and just might know something, whether you wanna believe them or not, I would recommend to you reading the Pistis Sophia, as you do call yourself a gnostic bishop(rick) and should probably read something by the first folks who called themselves Gnostics or were at least said to.


Who gives you the right to declare me kafr, or an idol worshipper? Are you also the grand imam of the so called gnostic caliphate? Do you have witnesses to back up yer claim of my being an idol worshipper?
And you are an accuser who has no right to judge me or try to condemn me, as those you probably condemn foe condemning who call themselves fathers and priests and bishops. I don't think I have to defend myself to you. But in deference to your perhaps sincere question, my god is the Holy Holy Holy God of Truth. I don't presume to consciously know everything about my God, but my God has enlightened me about some things cause my God is the Light of Lights who I am made in the image of. My God is worshipped in Spirit and Truth. My God chose to descend from the Above to our world, and became like unto us made of flesh and blood, cursed with limitations of time and space, cursed with mortality, and is the only man worthy to be called Lord and King and is named Jesus Christ, who is God and became a man like us in a mystery but one purpose was to show us trapped in this world how we could be free as God.

He who has discovered the world has discovered a carcass. Whoever has discovered the carcass, the world is not worthy of.

Glory to God in the Highest and on earth, peace among all mankind.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

God forgive me if I do in any way commit the sin of idolatry and if I do show me in which way I do. And I pray so does the person here known as gnostic bishop, also become enlightened if they in any way practice idolatry.
In the name of Jesus Christ I pray
Amen