Did god really condemn mankind? Is god a just god?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Gnostic Bishop

Re: Did god really condemn mankind? Is god a just god?

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

davidmartin wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:10 pm
How do you know how god condemns?
You see a false idea of what god is like. What is the right idea and how can you know anything about the supernatural?
I go a lot by the gospel of Thomas to help get into right mood for pondering this stuff, it's influenced me a lot. I also find the Odes of Solomon to be very illuminating which is woefully overlooked
I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.
haha 'mental trash' I like that.
Yep literalism is pretty much the enemy I guess, your quotes of Rabbi/Origen are on the right lines to me. The Sufi's in Islam are another
I did not see what you claim is in Thomas.

Care to quote it?

Regards
DL
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

which bit about what I said?
Maybe you think I think God condemns but I don't think that especially not in the sense meant back in the original post!
what i'm saying is that the 'condemning' as an attribute of God is something man has come up with over time but isn't reflective of how it really is
to me this is why Jesus in Thomas and the Gospels is against the Pharisees, as they are obscuring things and driving a wedge between man and God, whatever, whoever God may be
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

davidmartin wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:44 pm which bit about what I said?
Maybe you think I think God condemns but I don't think that especially not in the sense meant back in the original post!
what i'm saying is that the 'condemning' as an attribute of God is something man has come up with over time but isn't reflective of how it really is
to me this is why Jesus in Thomas and the Gospels is against the Pharisees, as they are obscuring things and driving a wedge between man and God, whatever, whoever God may be
The Christian god condemns. The Gnostic Christian god does not.

The Gnostic Christian god is a universalist god with a heaven but no hell and cannot condemn any of his creations.
That is why I asked for the quote as what you put goes against our thinking.

http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm
"The rightousness of God is a kind of sharing along with equality. There is equality in the heaven which is stretched out in all directions and contains the entire earth in its circle."

I agree that all of these concepts are man made.
Unfortunately, some let themselves be subordinated by their own inventions.

Regards
DL
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

got it GB, no i don't think God condemns, never did!
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

davidmartin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:50 am got it GB, no i don't think God condemns, never did!
Agreed. There would have to be a real god to begin with.

Regards
DL
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

does this mean you are an atheist or as a gnostic have an alternative?
I don't mind trying to argue the case for a divinity as i'm a bit bored at the moment
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

davidmartin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:23 pm does this mean you are an atheist or as a gnostic have an alternative?
I don't mind trying to argue the case for a divinity as i'm a bit bored at the moment
Believers have tried and failed at that forever. Good luck.

Gnostic Christians do have a better option and that is why we are called the only good Christians.

It is based on logos and not on mythos.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

ok makes sense, i don't trust that paul of tarsus very much he's a bad apple, the one offered by Eve is a good apple
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

davidmartin wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:42 pm ok makes sense, i don't trust that paul of tarsus very much he's a bad apple, the one offered by Eve is a good apple
That is Jewish and Gnostic Christian thinking.

Near perfect buddy.

Regards
DL
davidmartin

Post by davidmartin »

thanks dl,
i think gnosis is to give us paradise in our minds
It actually restores us to that state not casts us out of it
When you run Genesis backwards it makes sense