God was to be man’s slave. How did the reverse happen?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Early man created both philosophy and theology to serve mankind. Philosophy was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through a political system that was headed by man. Theology was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through religion headed by an absentee God. Both were created to be slaved to man.

Jesus preached that holy things were created to serve man as well. The Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath. That is why he showed that we can work on the Sabbath and ignore the manmade law.

The religious manmade creations then, --- including God, --- are to be slaved to man. That works well with logic and reason as the strong are to serve the weak and not the weak serve the strong.

So how did God, who was to be a slave to man, --- become man’s master?

Now I know that most will say that God is supposed to be our master, --- but please note, --- that man has created government to serve us. Not to make slaves of us. We control governments. They do not control us. To have us control our political entity is normal and just.

As above so below says that God is also to come under man’s control. We created God just as we created governments.

That is what Jesus taught.
He even moved God aside and became our judge. We are now to answer to men and not some absentee man created God.

Are you ready to seek God as Jesus says we must? Are you willing to be a master to God, and like Jesus, take control of the judging powers of God?

When you can say that your God is I am, the Gnostic Christian way --- and mean you, --- then you will begin to know God.

Regards
DL
beowulf

Re: God was to be man’s slave. How did the reverse happen?

Post by beowulf »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:God was to be man’s slave. How did the reverse happen?

Early man created both philosophy and theology to serve mankind. Philosophy was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through a political system that was headed by man. Theology was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through religion headed by an absentee God. Both were created to be slaved to man.

Jesus preached that holy things were created to serve man as well. The Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath. That is why he showed that we can work on the Sabbath and ignore the manmade law.

The religious manmade creations then, --- including God, --- are to be slaved to man. That works well with logic and reason as the strong are to serve the weak and not the weak serve the strong.

So how did God, who was to be a slave to man, --- become man’s master?

Now I know that most will say that God is supposed to be our master, --- but please note, --- that man has created government to serve us. Not to make slaves of us. We control governments. They do not control us. To have us control our political entity is normal and just.

As above so below says that God is also to come under man’s control. We created God just as we created governments.

That is what Jesus taught.
He even moved God aside and became our judge. We are now to answer to men and not some absentee man created God.

Are you ready to seek God as Jesus says we must? Are you willing to be a master to God, and like Jesus, take control of the judging powers of God?

When you can say that your God is I am, the Gnostic Christian way --- and mean you, --- then you will begin to know God.

Regards
DL
God was never meant to be a slave of man.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

beowulf wrote:[
God was never meant to be a slave of man.
What did we create him to be then?

Was man created to be a slave to God then?

Regards
DL
ghost

Post by ghost »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:What did we create him to be then?

This is how he was created:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Imper ... e_salutant

People are supposed to die for him.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

ghost wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:What did we create him to be then?

This is how he was created:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Imper ... e_salutant

People are supposed to die for him.
So why does God not step up and make that demand? Cesar did and that is why he was hailed. He was real.

Regards
DL
ghost

Post by ghost »

Well, Jesus was a demagogue and a dictator. You were supposed to serve him, and not the other way around, unless you believed his propaganda. His propaganda will tell you he serves you, but you're serving him instead.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

ghost wrote:Well, Jesus was a demagogue and a dictator. You were supposed to serve him, and not the other way around, unless you believed his propaganda. His propaganda will tell you he serves you, but you're serving him instead.
How so? How do I serve a myth?

Regards
DL
ghost

Post by ghost »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:How so?
In that Jesus was Caesar. They tranferred (diegetically transposed) his story to the Levant under the Flavians.
How do I serve a myth?
If it's the Caesar bio that's behind the Jesus myth, then at least the Caesar bio is not a myth. You're serving the diegetically transposed Caesar then.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

ghost wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:How so?
In that Jesus was Caesar. They tranferred (diegetically transposed) his story to the Levant under the Flavians.
How do I serve a myth?
If it's the Caesar bio that's behind the Jesus myth, then at least the Caesar bio is not a myth. You're serving the diegetically transposed Caesar then.
I see where you are at.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=722

I just put this up and would like your opinion.

There are a number of people who believe that Jesus was a Roman invention and I tend to agree thanks to Constantine forcing the Trinity concept down Christianity's throat and his having Christians kill off the Gnostic Christians.

Rome wanted dumbed down sheep and that is what they got. Look around. They are still here and that is why we are slow to become more civilized.

Regards
DL