Where do we go when we die?

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Sheshbazzar

Re: Where do we go when we die?

Post by Sheshbazzar »

ROFLMAO :lol:
Leucius Charinus

Post by Leucius Charinus »

Sheshbazzar wrote:
John T wrote:
I have a similar story with my grandfather in northern Minnesota. He was highly respected by the local tribe yet he was a Luthern and was not seduced into embracing the red mans sick death cult religious mythology. Does he have your respect as well?.
You really wish to stake a claim that the native religion practiced by the red man had a sick death cult religious mythology? :wtf:

John T's claim (or was it his grandfather's) is ignorant, baseless and totally misinformed. I am tempted to add "as usual".

.... other than white man's resurrected zombie Jezuz god horse shit that the latter grandfathers were cajoled, starved, and coerced into saying 'Amen' to for a bag white mans of flour lest their children perished?

The Christian message - at the whim of a murderous Emperor - was delivered to the pagans of the 4th century by means of the sword. "The highways were covered with galloping bishops". Down through the centuries the Christians have subdued the nations by the sword. In the modern histories of the "Colonisation" of the USA and Australia, the Bible had a role in the ethical and rhetorical justification of conquest.

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=997

And which has since been foisted off and forced upon generations of Native Americans in an deliberate attempt to both demean and destroy their native culture?

LC
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

I am sure you also are aware of the tribe of christians long employment of coercive economic and social sanctions to subdue, to disenfranchise, or to starve and eliminate those who would oppose, or would not bow down and knuckle under to their zombie death cults doctrines and dogmas.
Uncalled for and inhumane discrimination, suffering, starvation, and mayhem wrought in the name of christ goes everywhere with this warped and evil religion.

U.S. governments unofficial 'Christian' nation policy' has forced the pure blood Native American into a uniquely stigmatized social situation imposed upon no other American peoples. In effect, either become 'integrated' into this unofficially 'Christian nation', or remain confined to a life of public dole poverty on a Reservation.
shunyadragon

Post by shunyadragon »

I am a Baha'i and the basic belief is we journey through many worlds beyond this one. Our journey beyond this world is dependent on the sincerity of our spiritual journey in this world.

The problems with the ancient worldviews of past religions is they define the afterlife and spiritual realms on past cultural beliefs. In reality we do not know anything of the journey beyond this one.

From the Baha'i writings in "What Bahá’ís Believe - The Life of the Spirit - The Human Soul"

The essential identity of every human being is a rational and immortal soul, which is “entirely out of the order of the physical creation.” Bahá’u’lláh uses the metaphor of the sun to explain the relationship between the soul and the body: “The soul of man is the sun by which his body is illumined, and from which it draweth its sustenance, and should be so regarded.”

It is through the exercise of the powers of the soul that human progress is achieved. ‘Abdu’l-Bahá has said that the soul “can discover the realities of things, comprehend the peculiarities of beings, and penetrate the mysteries of existence. All sciences, knowledge, arts, wonders, institutions, discoveries and enterprises come from the exercised intelligence of the rational soul.”

We are able to reflect divine attributes to the extent that we cleanse the mirrors of our hearts and minds through prayer, the study and application of the Sacred Scriptures, the acquisition of knowledge, efforts to improve our conduct and to overcome tests and difficulties, and service to humanity.

When death occurs in this world, the soul is separated from the body, and continues to progress in an eternal journey towards perfection.

“When a soul has in it the life of the spirit, then does it bring forth good fruit and become a Divine tree.”

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Agnosticus

Post by Agnosticus »

Leucius Charinus wrote:
cmarie wrote:What happens when we die?
Where do we come from when we were born?
Don't you know ? From the womb where you have been developing for the last nine months
Agnosticus

Post by Agnosticus »

Thor wrote:
cmarie wrote:Okay, I'm just going to ask it. What happens when we die? Is there a Heaven/Hell?

My background is: Catholic to (born again) Christian and now I am am finding the real Jesus to be more gnostic. I am still somewhat new to this, and (to me) I feel an answer in some simple form (for now) is of great importance. Once I realized that I might not have a spiritual savior, I find that I feel a bit overwhelmed and am in spiritual peril in regards to the afterlife.

Thank you.
The older I get the less I am afraid of death in fact some days I welcome it but I still wake in the morning. Death ? That moment when the body ceases to function. Your relatives take over your body and either bury it or cremate it (my choice). If your are an organ donor parts of you are taken to repair someone else. Whichever, you do not take your sight hearing,smell or touch with you to an afterlife. Hardly heaven is it ? If you are buried it's usually in a coffin and 6 ft down. The flesh breaks down but is still retained in the coffin with your bones. So it can be a long,long time before you are recycled into nature. Cremation is a lot quicker, releasing your residue into sea or land. You also take up less room. Look at the vast expanses of cemeteries. The land is for the living. There is no evidence of a soul. There is no evidence of a heaven up there. When you're dead you don't go anywhere.
dveler2255

Post by dveler2255 »

the question asked was where do we go when we die? You must first acknowledge the Apostles were real and the Bible is true. If you don't what I am about to tell you will be rejected. There is mentioned three groups and where they go when they die. The first group was called death. Paul said death reign from Adam to Moses. Paradise existed from the time of Abraham. Hell came into existence from Moses to present time. Peter wrote that Christ went and preached to the one who were disobedient during the time before the flood and all those who are there are those who did not know what sin was. The second group was the those in the bossom of Abraham and those who went there were there because they believed the word of God. Then we see Hell created at the time of Moses because they rejected the word of God. Christ went down to where Abraham was and took them when he ascended from Hell. So when we die today we either go to Hell or a place called rest where ever Christ took them. Which Paul was shown this place. Paul wrote this Death reign from Adam to Moses. Then we see Hell Created. All what I said can be verified through scriptures and is not a private interpretation. If you would like to read a complete explanation of this private message me and I will send you a link to my website.

Dan