Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Evil; Free Will

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.

Moderator: JoeWallack

rroston

Re: Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Evil; Free Will

Post by rroston »

The concept of the knowledge of good and evil is the concept of absolute morality; that is to say that there are certain things that are absolutely moral, and others that are absolutely immoral. This is only one side of it. The other side is that every person is aware of all these moral and immoral things and when they choose them they known what they are choosing. Say for example that heterosexual sex is absolutely immoral and no one therefore could do it and not be aware of its wrongness; they could not in all honesty see it as perfectly right; they could not possess a relative morality. I propose that God never gave anyone of this. Men claimed that he did in order to force thier system of morality upon the rest of mankind without them being aware. We all possess a relative morality and religion seeks to force its system of morality upon us by the device of human guilt.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

rroston wrote:The concept of the knowledge of good and evil is the concept of absolute morality; that is to say that there are certain things that are absolutely moral, and others that are absolutely immoral. This is only one side of it. The other side is that every person is aware of all these moral and immoral things and when they choose them they known what they are choosing. Say for example that heterosexual sex is absolutely immoral and no one therefore could do it and not be aware of its wrongness; they could not in all honesty see it as perfectly right; they could not possess a relative morality. I propose that God never gave anyone of this. Men claimed that he did in order to force thier system of morality upon the rest of mankind without them being aware. We all possess a relative morality and religion seeks to force its system of morality upon us by the device of human guilt.
I would not say that they force people to adhere to the biblical morality or law. We no longer stone adulterers for instance.

I do agree that churches and mosques will use false guilt to pry more indulgences out of their sheeple and that that is completely immoral.

Christian morality is garbage and no one would ever openly follow the dictates of their genocidal son murdering God.

I do not know of anything that I would call objective morality as I see all moral questions are subjective, not objective.

Then again, I have to work my imagination quite hard sometimes to maintain my view.

Regards
DL
dveler2255

Post by dveler2255 »

salvation can not be earned if you believe it is a gift giving you a free will to choose.

Dan
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

dveler2255 wrote:salvation can not be earned if you believe it is a gift giving you a free will to choose.

Dan
If salvation cannot be earned, then God is a prick for not making us properly.

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect:

Only a real loser of a God would need to condemn his perfect creations.

You do know that scriptures say we, as a part of God's works, are create3d perfect. Right?

If not then we were never created well and a God who punishes us for being as created is as I said, quite a prick.

So is your God a loser or a prick?

Regards
DL
dveler2255

Post by dveler2255 »

I see by your statement that you don't believe that the word of God is revealed to someone by his Holy Spirit. If salvation could be earned thatn there would be no need for Christ. You have no understanding to the words spoken by the Father when He said to the Son "lets us make man in our image and when this was to come about. The mystery is when he said the first would be last and the last first.

You say things that condemn you. It seems your not interested in the truth but only try to justify your own ignorance.

Dan
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

dveler2255 wrote:I see by your statement that you don't believe that the word of God is revealed to someone by his Holy Spirit. If salvation could be earned thatn there would be no need for Christ. You have no understanding to the words spoken by the Father when He said to the Son "lets us make man in our image and when this was to come about. The mystery is when he said the first would be last and the last first.

You say things that condemn you. It seems your not interested in the truth but only try to justify your own ignorance.

Dan
You are trying to justify your own ignorance, and slave status to a Jesus/savior because you are not man enough to follow the right parts of scriptures and have decided that the immoral way to salvation is better than the harder moral way.

Here is the moral and intelligent way if you believe in an all powerful God who creates perfection.

The following 5 quotes are why I call what your God did murder. As you can see, a sacrifice was not required.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

As you can see all are saved without a sacrifice.

----------

Now you might doubt you immoral belief enough to listen to this moral Bishop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9g ... gest-vrecs

Regards
DL