Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

What do they believe? What do you think? Talk about religion as it exists today.
Gnostic Bishop

Re: Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Sheshbazzar wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

I do not seek a god.

I do not believe that any god or gods exist.

In my view, believing in a monotheistic god is as unevidenced and retarded as a belief in many gods.

You claim to believe in only one god. I believe in one less god than you.
And no, I do not believe I am god, or am my own god.

Please refrain from falsely foisting your primitive and stupid religious superstitions off on me.
I can tell you what it is that I believe. You cannot.
You have no rights, nor knowledge by which to be telling anyone else what it is that they believe.

Thanks. But no thanks.
Sheshbazzar
You should have read the O.P. You are not even in the ball park.
Your remarks are stupid in light of that.

I obviously do not believe in the God you think I believe in.

Regards
DL
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:You should have read the O.P.
I read the entire thread, and find your religious claims to be false and idiotic.
We desire one God and human master above all other desires.
We all crave a monotheistic world while wanting that God to be ourselves
Horse shit.
I obviously do not believe in the God you think I believe in.
...When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God
In that I do not believe that I, you, or anyone else is 'God'. I stated;
NO, I do not believe I am god, or am my own god.
You ought to learn what the word 'God' means, and then you would know how to use it properly,
And know that no human being is 'God'.

In light of what you write, you obviously believe horse shit.
Not impressed.

Sheshbazzar
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Thanks for this.

Let me help you with a bit more information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_complex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1PDxeUynA

God is an invented word. You may apply miracles and magic to it but that is just what the churches added on when they were having their pissing contests to come up with the best mythology they could to bring the suckers in.

Regards
DL
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

I'm not buying the quasi/ersatz-religious manure you are peddling here "Bishop".

The word 'God', so capitalized, and as understood and employed in the English language explicitly and exclusively bears the meaning of a specific supernatural and Eternal entity, and exclusively applies to that exclusive possessor of the creative power that alone first brought into being, and presently maintains in existence all things existing.

No amount of theological-snake-in-the-grass wiggling around word wresting will ever suffice to validly substitute man, or the thought processes of men, to being that inhuman and eternal entity that the word 'God' (Gr. ὁ θεὸς , ho Theos = 'The Theos') has so long signified.
And No, this 'God' and the sense and meaning the term ὁ θεὸς (or in the ancient Hebrew 'ha Elohim'= 'THE Elohim') signifies DID NOT, as the content of your preceding response falsely implies, originate with christians. but was from time out of memory understood by those whom had for long ages before employed the term.
And not even a self-styled neo-"Gnostic Bishop" has any legitimate cause nor authority to attempt undertaking to change or to redefine the explicit meaning of the word 'God', so as to falsely teach, contrary to sense, that a man is, or ever can be 'God', or that 'God' in any sense is you, me, or any other man, men, or their thought processes.
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Youtube link because you obviously have nothing of value which to say.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Who but humans have ever said anything of God.

God has never said a word so all we know of any God is what men have said and you therefore have always followed the words of men and not the words of a God.

All you need do to confirm that is look at the poor morals of all the old Gods.

To believe myths literally is a sign of an illiterate un-educated mind.

Only fools will read myths literally.

Regards
DL
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Agreed.
But that provides nothing supportive of whatever private 'secret' interpretation/wonky spin you may choose to apply to each written word or phrase of these ancient mythology texts.
And if you babble on nonsensically and foolishly regarding your private/secret interpretations of these old myths, without making yourself clear, it makes no difference to the reader who will see foolish babbling, whether you claim it literal or claim it something else.
Gnostic Bishop

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Sheshbazzar wrote:
Agreed.
But that provides nothing supportive of whatever private 'secret' interpretation/wonky spin you may choose to apply to each written word or phrase of these ancient mythology texts.
And if you babble on nonsensically and foolishly regarding your private/secret interpretations of these old myths, without making yourself clear, it makes no difference to the reader who will see foolish babbling, whether you claim it literal or claim it something else.
What private or secret. Such is foolishness.

Not much of a point in discussing a myth if one keeps his views private or secret.

Although children might do that.

Regards
DL
Sheshbazzar

Post by Sheshbazzar »

Not much of a point in discussing a myth if one keeps his views private or secret.
So here is your opportunity to tell us your view of what Isaiah 11:8 actually means if it is not literal, and your views on the matter are not private or secret.

Is your imagined 'Heaven' a real place? A actual remote location that you expect to travel to? ....or is it also not literal?
Is "cosmic consciousness" to be taken as being literal and real ....or is it also not literal?

Did zombie Jezuz really levitate off into the clouds? Is he 'up there' watching you?

In your view (which is not private or secret) when a chicken is decapitated where does its ruach go? Where does its nephesh go? Does it enter into the "cosmic consciousness" and thus survive for eternity?

Do you think zombie Jezuz might serve you up a pot of resurrected zombie chicken & dumplings when you arrive?