Require some Assistance searching for a book please

Discuss the world of the Greeks, Romans, Babylonians, and Egyptians.
Down2Earth

Require some Assistance searching for a book please

Post by Down2Earth »

Hello

Hope all is well

I'm in need of your help please. I'm trying to search for an ancient book written by Plato which was part of my collection a few years ago however lost due to hardware failure on my Computer at the time. I've searched high and low for the scriptures and can't seem to locate it, as i'm sure you can imagine over time the content available on the internet regarding Plato have increased making my search more challenging.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction please

The book was a pdf downloaded from a link on a forum some time ago, over 5 years. I can't recall the forum name or the title of the book exactly.

It's a very detailed book by Plato which had many sub categories which included drawings of various shapes, angles and spin of planets. Stories about Venus's interaction with earth etc
The title was along the lines of Origins of earth and the beginning of life // beginning of time and origins of life and earth// Creation of the universe and beginning of life on earth

it's a PDF written in thick black writing looking very natural instead of the more common Microsoft word format.
Included original drawings and wasn't translated which made it hard to read although interesting.

I'm unable to find the PDF anymore and would really appreciate it if someones has the book or can point me in the right direction. I will be forever grateful. I'm happy to make a payment out of good will for helping me locate the scripture.

Look forward to hearing your replies

Thanks for your time

best wishes
arnoldo

Re: Require some Assistance searching for a book please

Post by arnoldo »

Project guternberg has 61 books regarding Plato, hopefully the book you're looking for is one of them.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/93
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

Sounds like you had an illustrated version of Plato's Timaeus.

Try http://book4you.org/book/875734/c15078/?_ir=1 for a 21 MB pdf file -- Timaeus illustrated;

A smaller pdf, also with illustrations in the endnotes -- http://book4you.org/book/969343/f09e88/?_ir=1
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
Down2Earth

Post by Down2Earth »

Thanks for the reply and for sharing the links. good to hear from you

Will bookmark the links provided, they look like good reads either way. The Bookz archive is very interesting and should come in handy in the future.

A few images which i have vivid memories of are attached. I clearly remember the cover was Plato lying on a stair way in black and white with people below him, pillars behind him. maybe it was Aristotle.
Included were Drawings of planetary motion, angles at which planet spin. The contents section used very different words and terminology which to the untrained mind would not make sense until you looked into each category more.

after searching for many hours i'm not sure if it's a mainstream book. Everything i'm coming across is now where near.

Will keep looking into it and let you know if i'm successful.
Attachments
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg (7.95 KiB) Viewed 10509 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (11.72 KiB) Viewed 10509 times
images (5).jpg
images (5).jpg (11.38 KiB) Viewed 10509 times