The Parables vs the Surahs

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

scribalnote

The Parables vs the Surahs

Post by scribalnote »

For those who SEEK to know of HIS WAY, start your year with the comparison of two seemingly different theological texts. Start with the last and ponder reflect on the comparison of the two texts in a slow methodical manner. And if you seek with the good intention and humility of heart, a light may arise in the east for you personally. At first it will seem as looking through a dark distorted glass and yet the truth will emerge for the healing of the ancient wound. To know of HIS WAY, start with The Gospel of Thomas, of the Nag Hammadi Codices #114, which speaks of making Mary of a Man spirit. Now compare that with the shortest of the Surahs of the Quaran the last also in its seemingly UNKNOWN ORDER of the 114, which is entitled MEN.
Your mind will say NO-NO it can't be so, But the heart with a slow methodical comparison will tremble in awe at the truth hidden through the ages. Keeping in mind that even though both texts you are reading in English, and yet comprehension is only given in the TONGUE OF THE SPIRIT, one of the Signal Favours from above in a New Tongue. The comparison of the texts will yield their identical order and topical nature will be apparent on some while on others the distorted dark glass.
Nevertheless the parables or questions or riddles of Jesus are the exact order and nature of the texts of the Koran.

For those who SEEK not to CONTEND
Stephan Huller

Re: The Parables vs the Surahs

Post by Stephan Huller »

Is there a reason this is the study of classical texts and history?
scribalnote

Post by scribalnote »

The text above was written in the classic times as a statement of truth and fact, discovered in the current or classic times. The one text deriving from the earlier, would therefore be a classical discovery. The truth stands firm whether or not any one of us likes it or not.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

For those who SEEK not to CONTEND...

One day you'll look back and say: "You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it."

Then you'll die and disappear into the void, with your one and only life wasted.
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

scribalnote wrote:the Quaran

Is a cause of global concern.

The sectarian violence of muslims who murder muslims over interpretation alone is appalling. You should be ashamed of spreading these ills.

The fanaticism and fundamentalism that festers in its followers is breeding terrorism like rats in a garbage pit. Islam what used to be the center of the educated world and all knowledge is now the laughing stock embarrassing humanity on global scale holding the highest illiteracy rates on the planet.

Instead of plagiarizing your faith to those who see the disease in islam, why don't you help reform islam and take care of yourself and your own kind???????

I dont like that book, its people blindly follow a pedophile warrior who plagiarized the bible, and refuse reason and logic and do what ever they can to avoid reality.

islam will forever be a stain on humanity
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

I don't think that's a fair thing to say about any religion. We should be speaking this way about any race or belief system. If you said these things about Jews on the internet it would be rightly condemned. If you said these things about Christians half the forum would be cheering you on, but it's still not right. The same thing necessarily applies to Islam.

With all the hatred being directed against this faith - the one truth that can't be avoided is that the Jews and Christians who lived at the time of Jesus would be cheering on Islam's humbling of European civilization. You of all people who champions the revolutionary Jesus can't be so American as to suppose that this Jesus would also have been virulently anti-European and - if not heralding a man named Muhammad necessarily would have at least championed such a Semite essentially taking over the faith of the world.

The idea that Jesus came to herald someone else is clearly the correct interpretation of John 14:16 etc rather than the white lie that παράκλητος = Holy Spirit. Ever since the Marcionites and through various other traditions (the so-called kata-Phrygians, Manichaeans etc) this truth was perpetuated. As the two advent doctrines of the early Church Fathers clearly attest, Jesus was heralding a messiah. While the Muhammad = messiah formulation appears only in the Gospel of Barnabas, I am quite confident that the name Muhammad was something of a title = Paraclete (much like Mani before him).

Whatever one might say about Islam the reason so many of the subjected people of the Roman Empire converted to this religion is that something like Muhammad was the hope of these people. Again, this isn't my religion but it should be noted that you haven't thought through your revolutionary claims about Jesus. At the end of the day Muhammad fulfilled the original expectation of Jesus. The question is - why did it take so long?
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

Stephan Huller wrote: The same thing necessarily applies to Islam.
Brother, this religion is flat embarrassing humanity daily, it is in the news every day for some barbaric and primitive action.

Let alone the sectarian violence that murders more that often goes unreported.

This week alone over 2000 people were murdered because of a pedophile warrior who plagiarized previous religions. That's all fact.

Jews and Christians

Are not murdering thousands weekly due to faith alone.

Judaism the least embarrassing of the mythology followers, is it, its low numbers population wise? or do they have a handle on their religion using moderation and education? Ill go all of the above for a 1000 Alex!

Christianity has its own problems as its fundies are attacking children's educations by trying to fight the government to keep religion in school dumbing our children up. Don't kid yourself, its a huge problem in the bible belt and they are taking education back a hundred years embarrassing humanity. But they are not guilty of barbaric murders of islam. Christianity also has a semi leader that tries to keep religious issues and problems in check.

When we get to islam its biggest fault besides worshipping a pedophile warrior who plagiarized the bible and claimed all other doctrines are in error. It has no organization, it has no central leadership. It is flat running wild and unchecked. They do not understand moderation, and the fanaticism and fundamentalism are off the charts in comparison to the other Abrahamic religions.

Because of the sectarian violence, it is impossible to implement organization, or a leader. It needs overhauled in a serious way.

At the end of the day Muhammad fulfilled the original expectation of Jesus. The question is - why did it take so long?
Who gives a rats azz.

Monotheism took that long to sink in as popular, in these primitive tribal peoples. You know muhammad isn't the problem other then not living long enough to complete his vision, well that and the 10% violent verse we expect from a warrior. The problem is the people need to reform the religion back to what it was 1100 years ago when it was not so literally. Much like the idiocy of YEC, literalism is now required from every follower.

There is no middle ground, with Christianity we see the religion evolving forward, 3000 years ago people thought the earth was flat, a 100 years ago, 99% of Christians thought the world was made in 6 days and there was a global flood. Today most Christians have let go of much of the mythology and yet still kept the religion alive. We don't see it with these barbaric monkeys, they actually need to go back 1100 years to fix their disease, as they literally getting worse. Islam is not handling modern life and the high population numbers.

Add to that, you want to tell me how they became the most stupid religion having the highest illiteracy rates on the planet?

Its sick, its ill, it needs help. They are embarrassing humanity and it needs to stop now. All I have is education to break the literalism, as that is how it has effected Christianity and helped them, but they were never violent fundamentalist, in the last few generations at least. And that takes generations to breed out the old who would never change their life long belief. Educating the children is our only hope to combat the brainwashing. We don't have that kind of time before these people commit mass murder again in the USA and other countries.

Now I know im harsh, I know it is very disrespectful to the well educated more peaceful muslims, but they have no possible way of helping their own religion join modern society peacefully, and if we have to step up and do its going to be war. More then now, I don't want that. So these people had better get the message the whole world is getting tired of their primitive BS.

Once the negative aspect of religion on society, outweigh its positive effects, its time for change.