useful information about Islamic manuscripts

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Battar Kurdi

useful information about Islamic manuscripts

Post by Battar Kurdi »

An Islamic web site on the history of Islam, the Koran and Hadith .. where useful information about manuscripts and History :goodmorning:
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/
JPCusickSr

Re: useful information about Islamic manuscripts

Post by JPCusickSr »

Battar Kurdi wrote: An Islamic web site on the history of Islam, the Koran and Hadith .. where useful information about manuscripts and History :goodmorning:
[ not allowed to post link ]
I like that link, and it is obviously an in-depth resource.

Unfortunately facts and figures will never convince any opposition, but yes you have to do that anyway.

What I like about the holy Qur'an is that it gives so much power to the individual, and gives so much untethered cohesion to Islam as a group.

As-Salaam-Alaikum, from a Christian friend.

:notworthy:
iskander

Post by iskander »

JPCusickSr wrote:
Battar Kurdi wrote: An Islamic web site on the history of Islam, the Koran and Hadith .. where useful information about manuscripts and History :goodmorning:
[ not allowed to post link ]
I like that link, and it is obviously an in-depth resource.

Unfortunately facts and figures will never convince any opposition, but yes you have to do that anyway.

What I like about the holy Qur'an is that it gives so much power to the individual, and gives so much untethered cohesion to Islam as a group.

As-Salaam-Alaikum, from a Christian friend.

:notworthy:
JPCusickSr wrote:What I like about the holy Qur'an is that it gives so much power to the individual
Would you like to explain this statement ? Thanks,
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

iskander wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote:What I like about the holy Qur'an is that it gives so much power to the individual
Yes I will explain, and thank you for asking.

Both Islam and the Qur'an give power to the individual by giving them specific instruction on how to act and what to do and what not to do and how to defend their self, as in it gives specific times to pray and specific words to recite and where, when, why, how, and it tells the individual what not to eat and how to dress and it gives clear commandments to follow and to guide the individual.

Then there are other instructions on how to get together into a group.

I found this out when working with people in jail where the different versions of Islam are having a lot of impact on the reform of individual inmates. Of course I do not mean to just limit this to jail but jail gives us a type of microscope to see how each religion can affect each individual, and their groups. To reform a criminal or a sinner then they need structure and guidance and no religion gives that more intently than Islam, and that is why Islam is the fastest growing religion in jails and in the world.

Protestant Christianity just ask of people to accept Jesus and be saved, and that does not ask very much of a person, and Catholicism offers rituals, while Islam and the Qur'an offer a vibrant change of life and change of perspective which empowers the individual, because Islam requires submission along with a lot of behavior changes.

If they build a Mosque in any area then the crime rate will go way down because the Muslims police there own neighborhoods and that is reality.

:wave:
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
iskander

Post by iskander »

JPCusickSr wrote:
iskander wrote:
Yes I will explain, and thank you for asking.

Both Islam and the Qur'an give power to the individual by giving them specific instruction on how to act and what to do and what not to do and how to defend their self, as in it gives specific times to pray and specific words to recite and where, when, why, how, and it tells the individual what not to eat and how to dress and it gives clear commandments to follow and to guide the individual.

Then there are other instructions on how to get together into a group.

I found this out when working with people in jail where the different versions of Islam are having a lot of impact on the reform of individual inmates. Of course I do not mean to just limit this to jail but jail gives us a type of microscope to see how each religion can affect each individual, and their groups. To reform a criminal or a sinner then they need structure and guidance and no religion gives that more intently than Islam, and that is why Islam is the fastest growing religion in jails and in the world.

Protestant Christianity just ask of people to accept Jesus and be saved, and that does not ask very much of a person, and Catholicism offers rituals, while Islam and the Qur'an offer a vibrant change of life and change of perspective which empowers the individual, because Islam requires submission along with a lot of behavior changes.

If they build a Mosque in any area then the crime rate will go way down because the Muslims police there own neighborhoods and that is reality.

:wave:
Judaism does that too. Is the Jewish individual even more powerful and happy than Muslims ? They have over 600 instructions
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

iskander wrote: Judaism does that too. Is the Jewish individual even more powerful and happy than Muslims ? They have over 600 instructions
No - it only applies to Islam.

I was only going by the quality and effectiveness of the instructions.

And Judaism is very divided as there are few who would preach or practice those 600.

Christianity has far greater potential - but no one ever really follows the teachings of Christ.

True moral power or individual power does not come from quantity or severity but only from quality and accuracy.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
iskander

Post by iskander »

JPCusickSr wrote:
iskander wrote: Judaism does that too. Is the Jewish individual even more powerful and happy than Muslims ? They have over 600 instructions
No - it only applies to Islam.

And Judaism is very divided as there are few who would preach or practice those 600.

Christianity has far greater potential - but no one ever really follows the teachings of Christ.

True moral power or individual power does not come from quantity or severity but only from quality and accuracy.
such as ?
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

iskander wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote:I was only going by the quality and effectiveness of the instructions.
such as ?
I gave a list in a previous comment.

QUOTE:
"Both Islam and the Qur'an give power to the individual by giving them specific instruction on how to act and what to do and what not to do and how to defend their self, as in it gives specific times to pray and specific words to recite and where, when, why, how, and it tells the individual what not to eat and how to dress and it gives clear commandments to follow and to guide the individual."

These things are very effective as they give the person self-control over their life, and stuff that works is quality stuff.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
iskander

Post by iskander »

JPCusickSr wrote:
iskander wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote:I was only going by the quality and effectiveness of the instructions.
such as ?
I gave a list in a previous comment.

QUOTE:
"Both Islam and the Qur'an give power to the individual by giving them specific instruction on how to act and what to do and what not to do and how to defend their self, as in it gives specific times to pray and specific words to recite and where, when, why, how, and it tells the individual what not to eat and how to dress and it gives clear commandments to follow and to guide the individual."

These things are very effective as they give the person self-control over their life, and stuff that works is quality stuff.
These things are very effective as they give the person self-control over their life, and stuff that works is quality stuff
What things are those?
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

iskander wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote: I gave a list in a previous comment.

QUOTE:

These things are very effective as they give the person self-control over their life, and stuff that works is quality stuff
What things are those?
See the text in blue - given above:

:confusedsmiley:
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.