An opinion regarding Islam

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

iskander

Re: An opinion regarding Islam

Post by iskander »

Pope John Paul kissing the Koran
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

golly gosh. i bet nothing that even comes close by comparison can be found among christian nations.
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
iskander

Post by iskander »

I am not comparing, I am trying to explain.
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

iskander wrote:I am not comparing, I am trying to explain.
Of course. It's obvious you are not comparing. Comparison would only get in the way.

Your source for the wars is, lo and behold, funded by the National Endowment for Democracy. Enough said.
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

neilgodfrey wrote:
iskander wrote:I am not comparing, I am trying to explain.
Of course. It's obvious you are not comparing. Comparison would only get in the way.

Your source for the wars is, lo and behold, funded by the National Endowment for Democracy. Enough said.

Lets get real ;)

The problem with all religions is fanaticism and fundamentalism correct?????????????

islam holds the highest amount of fanaticism of all faiths, so NO a comparison is what is needed so that you understand the real problem here.

Islam requires the same fanaticism as all YEC Christians and orthodox Jews. SO it factually is more primitive and barbaric because these people are impossible to communicate with.

That is exactly why islam factually breeds more terrorist, and holds the highest illiteracy rates out of any faith.

There is a reason why this faith is the mots violent out of all.

YOU know as well as I do moderation is key to any religious belief, and islam does not do moderation. Its like saying there is a moderate YEC Christians. They do not exist.
outhouse

Re: useful information about Islamic manuscripts

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: Unfortunately facts and figures will never convince any opposition, but yes you have to do that anyway. :
islam is required to refuse facts and evidence and reality.
What I like about the holy Qur'an is that it gives so much power to the individual, and gives so much untethered cohesion to Islam as a group.
First the book is not holy

It gives a false sense of power.

islam has no cohesion and holds the most sectarian violence out of any faith and factually is responsible for more genocide then any other faith used today, besides holding the highest illiteracy rates and breeding the most cowardly terrorism then any other faith.
outhouse

Re: useful information about Islamic manuscripts

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: The religion of Islam is not for the weak or timid.
And muzzys were warned by the prophet to use with moderation, and they went off the deep end a long time ago and the intellect washed out, in favor of fanaticism.

It is now for the primitive and weak minded who wish to live myth instead of reality.

Similar to a YEC Christian or orthodox jew, None of them know moderation and refuse large amounts of academic knowledge
Real Christianity is not for the weak and timid either

I would say WTFAY to say what "real" Christianity is ?
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

outhouse wrote:
Lets get real ;)

The problem with all religions is fanaticism and fundamentalism correct?????????????
no. incorrect.
outhouse wrote:islam holds the highest amount of fanaticism of all faiths, so NO a comparison is what is needed so that you understand the real problem here.

Islam requires the same fanaticism as all YEC Christians and orthodox Jews. SO it factually is more primitive and barbaric because these people are impossible to communicate with.

That is exactly why islam factually breeds more terrorist, and holds the highest illiteracy rates out of any faith.

YOU know as well as I do moderation is key to any religious belief, and islam does not do moderation. Its like saying there is a moderate YEC Christians. They do not exist.
nonsense. if there were a shred of truth in the above then islamist terrorism would not have only emerged as an issue in recent decades.

of course "islam does moderation" as much as any other religion.

much serious research has been done into the origins of terrorism, including and particularly islamist terrorism, and the causes are well understood -- but not always welcome by all. some people prefer to blame a culture and religion they know little about and find personally scary.
outhouse

Re: The infidels:

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: This is an important distinction against the American propaganda - as if we are not the aggressors.
Throw western influence and how muzz view us out the window for now, and focus on the fanaticism involved here.

Its not about the west, it is about people who have no leader, no governing power, and worst of all no moderation. It is wild and free and barbaric. No control what so ever.
and I see that you are anti-Islam
Error on your part. Islam was once the center for scientific learning and the advancement of knowledge. Its the filthy people who know no moderation I have the problem with.

Todays understanding requires all to be severe fundamentalist and after centuries of brainwashing they are all dishonest and academically inept due to the required fanaticism.

I have not just studied the religion and the lack of higher criticism as your link pointed out, I have studied their people in depth as well as having family members, at least the ones who survived the genocides by sectarian violence alone.

The enemy is fanaticism and fundamentalism, not islam. As of today we are in a stagnant holding pattern primitive in nature as far as practicing the religion goes.

The problem is with education and knowledge most refuse, we see this whole religion was caught with its pants down. It is now obvious it is just plagiarized biblical traditions. They never knew we would one day find out characters like Abraham, moses, noah, the exodus, all 100% fiction and never existed in reality. and they will never admit to living a lie as deep as they are required to follow. No facts will ever be accepted no matter how well presented, ask me how I know.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

neilgodfrey wrote:
outhouse wrote:
Lets get real ;)

no. incorrect.
outhouse wrote:islam holds the highest amount of fanaticism of all faiths, so NO a comparison is what is needed so that you understand the real problem here.

nonsense. if there were a shred of truth in the above then islamist terrorism would not have only emerged as an issue in recent decades.

of course "islam does moderation" as much as any other religion.

much serious research has been done into the origins of terrorism, including and particularly islamist terrorism, and the causes are well understood -- but not always welcome by all. some people prefer to blame a culture and religion they know little about and find personally scary.

Do you think a YEC Christian can also do moderation?

Recent decades? when has Islamic violence ever stopped?

There was a period when islam was the center of scientific knowledge for the globe the influence still felt today in our cultures. But they started to choose religion over reality abd have never recovered.

FACT Neil, islam holds the highest required fanaticism out of any Abrahamic faith, and magically they also hold the highest illiteracy and the highest amount of violence.

Christianity like it or not is a Sunday religion for most AT BEST. It is not a complete way of life like these primitive animals, sort of like orthodox jews. They are every bit as jacked up.