An opinion regarding Islam

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

Secret Alias

Re: An opinion regarding Islam

Post by Secret Alias »

I've been around for a while with this forum (and its predecessor). He's a car salesman in Redding CA from what I remember. If you go back to the old forum his identity was public. 'John' is his name. Selling cars was his profession. Redding from what I remember was his place of residence. Toyota the kind of cars he sold back then I think. It's all available in the old forum. He was called 'outhouse' back then too.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

Secret Alias wrote:blah blah blah
He was called 'outhouse' back then too.
I do not see why you keep trying to humanize the outhouse.

You must know the saying about quaking like a duck = so:

If it talks like an outhouse and looks like an outhouse and it calls itself as an outhouse then it is an outhouse.

We do not want to share it - see here = A two seater.

The topic of this thread is about Islam - it is not about the outhouse.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: I do not see why you keep trying to humanize the outhouse.

He isn't trust me.

What is useful in the koran towards jesus or Israelite historicity?
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote: What is useful in the koran towards jesus or Israelite historicity?
I see you ask that often, and certainly for me then I find historicity to be very low on my agenda, and we go to other sources to find history if one really wants it.

Historical records are a different subject.

I go to the Qur'an and the Bible and other scriptures to learn about life and about God, and I want mine to apply now and not in some past history.

The Qur'an gives a short abridged version of some historical events from a limited view and it is not intended to be the complete historicity of any person, place or thing.

The Qur'an does give insight to Christ and Moses and lots of Biblical figures, but it is intended (IMO) to be spiritual insight.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote:.

The Qur'an does give insight to Christ and Moses and lots of Biblical figures,.

So the koran factually has no historicity at all for Jesus or Israelite cultures, correct?
I go to the Qur'an and the Bible and other scriptures to learn about life and about God
Non sequitur to the question.

Why would you think the koran has information about god if it was plagiarized from biblical text?

And why would you use the bible to learn a one sided version of gods? is that not admitting divine origin?
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote: So the koran factually has no historicity at all for Jesus or Israelite cultures, correct?
It has some interpretations of history,
and it has some interpretations of Jewish and Christian doctrines,
but the Qur'an is not a history book,
and I do not know of it saying anything about any culture - of course other people could interpret things about culture.

For myself human culture is not interesting, and it is mostly very boring.
outhouse wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote: I go to the Qur'an and the Bible and other scriptures to learn about life and about God
Non sequitur to the question.

Thank God I am not bound (not sequitured) to your question(s).

You do not get to define the parameters for my comments.
outhouse wrote: Why would you think the koran has information about god if it was plagiarized from biblical text?
It is not plagiarized - it is a continuation.

Religious scriptures do not have patent or copy right infringements.

The real God welcomes people to use His words as a gift and not as a theft.
outhouse wrote: And why would you use the bible to learn a one sided version of gods? is that not admitting divine origin?
Divine origin does not have to mean infallibility or literal or any such restriction - except lie - God does not lie.

That is the way to judge the scriptures by deciphering what is a lie and what is truly Divine.

The Bible itself is not divine - but it does have divine inspiration.

I do not even see how the Bible can be called as one-sided, but we can use other scriptures like the Holy Qur'an to help see other sides.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: It is not plagiarized - it is a continuation.

No, factually it was only plagiarized from biblical traditions.

A continuation is what happens when people copy others traditions and claim supreme authority, and it factually has no credibility at all historically speaking.

With no historical authority or credibility at all to the point not a dongle historian in the world uses it because it has no credible evidence, means your context factually wrong.

If a god like you state was involved, how come he didn't tell them anything true and only told them to pervert factual myths and pseudohistory that never even took place.

YOU just admitted a god lied to all these people.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: The Bible itself is not divine - but it does have divine inspiration.

No evidence supports this in any way shape or form. As a matter of fact all evidence supports that men collected hundreds of years of theology and constantly redacted the text to match the ever changing cultural needs of the people and governments.
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote: YOU just admitted a god lied to all these people.
Actually people get shut out from God, and to be shut out is not telling lies.

It might look that way, or feel that way, but the truth is far more complicated than either-or.

Either a lie or else the truth - no, there is a shut door where people have neither truth nor lie.

Genesis 3:24 ~ A flaming sword to keep people out.
Matthew 7:6 ~ Give not to dogs nor pearls before swine.

The Holy Qur'an was given by God to a certain people, and what God gives can not be rejected. FYI.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

JPCusickSr wrote: The Holy Qur'an was given by God to a certain people,.

First nothing is holy, it is considered holy by some. In historical context the term is called TEXT not scripture or divine or holy. That is not an academic understanding, TEXT is.

NEXT, why would a god have to copy mythology and fiction and tell others factual fiction was real ?