The infidels:

Discussion about the Quran, hadith, the history of Islam, etc.
User avatar
JPCusickSr
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:50 am
Location: 20636
Contact:

Re: The infidels:

Post by JPCusickSr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:16 pm

outhouse wrote: You think rhetoric is valuable way of communication? very dishonest
I stand behind everything that I say in my comments as being true and honest.

You say rhetoric - not I.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.

neilgodfrey
Posts: 3332
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: The infidels:

Post by neilgodfrey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm

JPCusickSr wrote: This is the section of the forum where we are to talk about Muslim and Islam.
I have found talk about Islam and Muslim peoples is impossible on this forum because outhouse jumps in to derail every discussion with ignorant bigotry.

User avatar
Peter Kirby
Site Admin
Posts: 5185
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm
Location: Santa Clara
Contact:

Re: The infidels:

Post by Peter Kirby » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:12 pm

neilgodfrey wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote: This is the section of the forum where we are to talk about Muslim and Islam.
I have found talk about Islam and Muslim peoples is impossible on this forum because outhouse jumps in to derail every discussion with ignorant bigotry.
Well... I see your point.

It's one thing to have his opinions and to express them.

It's another thing to derail every thread by jumping up and down shouting obscenities and slurs -- even just because someone doesn't hold the same opinion (as, last I checked, some/most here aren't even Muslims, just non-Muslims not doing "enough" to bash Islam...).

I'm going to have to ask outhouse to punch a pillow or something, meditate a little, breathe, and try to pretend there's a discussion here worth having. (Or, if on reflection there isn't, bow out--and keep it in one's own thread.)
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown

neilgodfrey
Posts: 3332
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: The infidels:

Post by neilgodfrey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:33 am

Peter Kirby wrote:
neilgodfrey wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote: This is the section of the forum where we are to talk about Muslim and Islam.
I have found talk about Islam and Muslim peoples is impossible on this forum because outhouse jumps in to derail every discussion with ignorant bigotry.
Well... I see your point.

It's one thing to have his opinions and to express them.

It's another thing to derail every thread by jumping up and down shouting obscenities and slurs -- even just because someone doesn't hold the same opinion (as, last I checked, some/most here aren't even Muslims, just non-Muslims not doing "enough" to bash Islam...).

I'm going to have to ask outhouse to punch a pillow or something, meditate a little, breathe, and try to pretend there's a discussion here worth having. (Or, if on reflection there isn't, bow out--and keep it in one's own thread.)
Outhouse, I'm sure you're listening in ...... We were able to break through the strident assertions and knee-jerk responses and approach a genuine discussion on the odd biblical topic or two, but when you speak of religion generally, of human nature, and of Islam in particular, you come across to me as more emotionally committed -- hostile, intolerant, not even interested in hearing a different perspective .... you don't respond to the actual arguments or statements being made except to simply repeat your mantras that are the very points being challenged.

iskander
Posts: 1762
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: The infidels:

Post by iskander » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:52 am

Oh dear , oh dear, You are describing how you treat Christianity and Christians in this forum.


"Why do you see the speck in your neighbour’s* eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? 4Or how can you say to your neighbour,* “Let me take the speck out of your eye”, while the log is in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbour’s* eye. Matthew 7 :3-5

User avatar
JPCusickSr
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:50 am
Location: 20636
Contact:

Response:

Post by JPCusickSr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:29 am

iskander wrote:Oh dear , oh dear, You are describing how you treat Christianity and Christians in this forum.

"Why do you see the speck in your neighbour’s* eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? 4Or how can you say to your neighbour,* “Let me take the speck out of your eye”, while the log is in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbour’s* eye. Matthew 7 :3-5
I really see this accusation as praiseworthy instead of a reprimand, because it is the point of the topic of this thread that Muslims view the USA as infidels because we do not live up to the most simplistic doctrines of Christianity.

Therefore it really is trying to remove the log from our own "western" eye in order to see clearly the speck in the eyes of Islam (our neighbor).

If we take the words quoted above literally (as I say is always best to do) then I am in agreement with the praise quoted in the comment above.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.

outhouse
Posts: 3525
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: The infidels:

Post by outhouse » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:18 am

Peter Kirby wrote:
I'm going to have to ask outhouse to punch a pillow or something, meditate a little, breathe, and try to pretend there's a discussion here worth having. (Or, if on reflection there isn't, bow out--and keep it in one's own thread.)

Fair enough ill stay on point, less hostility.

outhouse
Posts: 3525
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Response:

Post by outhouse » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:19 am

JPCusickSr wrote:
iskander wrote: it is the point of the topic of this thread that Muslims view the USA as infidels because we do not live up to the most simplistic doctrines of Christianity.

.

Do you think they have a problem with secular thinking?

User avatar
JPCusickSr
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:50 am
Location: 20636
Contact:

Re: Response:

Post by JPCusickSr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:54 pm

outhouse wrote: Do you think they have a problem with secular thinking?
Every person has a problem with secular thinking, because it is fundamentally flawed by being secular.

An infidel would not necessarily see the problem of that kind of secular thinking, which is a big reason why they would be an infidel.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.

outhouse
Posts: 3525
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Response:

Post by outhouse » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:37 pm

JPCusickSr wrote:
outhouse wrote: Do you think they have a problem with secular thinking?
Every person has a problem with secular thinking, because it is fundamentally flawed by being secular.

An infidel would not necessarily see the problem of that kind of secular thinking, which is a big reason why they would be an infidel.

You avoided the context of the question.

Does islam condemn secular thought/thinking?

Post Reply