The infidels:

All other informal historical discussion, ancient or modern, falls here. This includes the topics of Islam, Buddhism, and other religious traditions.

Moderator: JoeWallack

JPCusickSr

Re: The infidels:

Post by JPCusickSr »

Thor wrote: According to Islam every child is born as a Muslim ( Fitra ), Everyone is unfaithful to Islam until they come back into the fold. Am I not correct?

If so, Muslims who call Americans for infidels do so because their religion tells them that Americans are Muslims who have fallen away. All who will not submit are Infidels.
The words Islam and Muslim has different and distinct meaning which are not the same and not synonymous.

You are mixing the words when they are not the same meaning.

Islam means the religion, while Muslim means the person.

SEE HERE:
The Qur'an describes many prophets and messengers within Judiaism and Christianity, and their respective followers, as Muslim: Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Ishmael, and Jesus and his apostles are all considered to be Muslims in the Qur'an. The Qur'an states that these men were Muslims because they submitted to God, preached His message and upheld His values, which included praying, charity, fasting and pilgrimage. Thus, in Surah 3:52 of the Qur'an, Jesus' disciples tell him, "We believe in God; and you be our witness that we are Muslims (wa-shahad be anna muslimūn)." In Muslim belief, before the Qur'an, God had given the Tawrat (Torah, Old Testament) to Moses, the Zabur (Psalms) to David and the Injil (Gospel, New Testament) to Jesus, who are all considered important Muslim prophets. Link source: Wikipedia

As such any person who is Christian or Jewish or any individual that submits to God is thereby a Muslim ~ according to this definition.

When they say a Christian is a Muslim then that means they a person who submits to God as a Christian - not Islamic.

As such calling every baby born as a Muslim simply means that every baby is born as a child of God.

Being a Muslim does not really make the person into the religion of Islam.

The USA and Americans are called infidels because of our infidelity to God, and not because of infidelity to Islam, and that is accurate.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

El Dorado wrote: And ^THIS^ is why I joined, to learn something new every day :idea: .... and today I learn I am a Muslim :shock: and a bad one to boot. :eek:
.... my stress level just went up ....
:cheeky:
You have jumped to a false conclusion based on inaccurate information.

By being untrue and failing to seek accuracy is what makes you as unworthy of being a rightful Muslim.

People like you keep accepting unfounded slander, and so based on such indecent lies the USA creates enemies where there were none.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
El Dorado

Post by El Dorado »

JPCusickSr wrote: By being untrue and failing to seek accuracy is what makes you as unworthy of being a rightful Muslim.
:thumbup: Oh whew, good to know! .... plus, this niqab was not very flattering anyway (nor weather-friendly! :eek: ) ... though, I have to say, it went with everything .... ;)
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

El Dorado wrote: :thumbup: Oh whew, good to know! .... plus, this niqab was not very flattering anyway (nor weather-friendly! :eek: ) ... though, I have to say, it went with everything .... ;)
Oh - I did not know that you were a girl - as I would not have responded so harshly had I known.

It is just better to find out if any claim is accurate before making a decision.

Just saying.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.
JPCusickSr

Post by JPCusickSr »

outhouse wrote:
JPCusickSr wrote: modern science will come up with an even more exotic name for whatever the Creator happens to be.
Imagination and fiction already cover it 100%
I agree 100% with this that science fiction gives a lot of new and improved visions of God by different names and characteristics.

It is peculiar that we find so much religion in science fiction.

I already mentioned v-ger from Star Trek, then raising Spock from the dead, and then the "Final Frontier" where Star Trek goes to the center of the galaxy to confront God.

Then there is that story "Contact" by Carl Sagan where Jodie Foster goes to a scientific heaven where she meets her dead yet resurrected father along with a prophesy of a scientific future utopia.

My own favorite is the "Harry Potter" movies which make miracles more realistic and more practical, as like a flying machine that looks like a broomstick.

If we consider it honestly then the stories in the Bible can be viewed as old-time science fiction, as like = "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" - and it was science fiction until the 20th century when the "Big Bang" proved the old story as scientific truth and no longer fiction or unproven.
SIGNATURE:
JP Cusick Sr.