Logistics of psuedonymous and interpolated Paulina

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
gmx

Logistics of psuedonymous and interpolated Paulina

Post by gmx »

One obvious question concerning the psuedonymous letters of Paul is how they managed to gain acceptance by early Christians who knew that Paul was long-since deceased?

Does anyone know of a well-regarded text and/or reference that discusses the possible route of transmission for these "forged" documents?
I saw a Naked girl ,Slowly emerge in front of me,Greek hairstyle,Very beautiful,She has a beautiful [fine] profile.; She is fine in profile. the view of profile,hard to tell.
spin

Re: Logistics of pseudonymous and interpolated Paulina

Post by spin »

There are two directions to think about regarding pseudonymous works:

1) respectful wish to emulate while dealing with some community difficulty, and

2) politico-theological intention to gain control of the narrative for a significant issue.

(These can sometimes seem similar enough to confuse, but I think the difference is significant and needs to be established when apportioning motivation to particular texts.)

Each explains why the texts involved get absorbed into collections. Once one notices that their collection doesn't include certain texts in circulation, why should one not decide to include something that a fellow community has?
Dysexlia lures • ⅔ of what we see is behind our eyes