Marcion and John the Baptist

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
gmx

Re: Marcion and John the Baptist

Post by gmx »

Secret Alias wrote:That's the problem with this forum too much book knowledge.
I'd say that's a long way down the list of problems. The far greater problem is good threads like this one, which start out with a well-researched proposition and genuine inquiry for feedback and collaboration, become hijacked by personality conflicts and vitriol. But given how this thread and many others like it have transpired, that's just stating the obvious.
I saw a Naked girl ,Slowly emerge in front of me,Greek hairstyle,Very beautiful,She has a beautiful [fine] profile.; She is fine in profile. the view of profile,hard to tell.
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Thats true. Sorry for my part in this
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

But can't we just agree that it's at least possible that the Marcionites had another John - John Hyrcanus - in mind and leave it at that?
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote