Fragments of the New Testament (Horace H. Bradley)

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Compiler

Re: Fragments of the New Testament (Horace H. Bradley)

Post by Compiler »

DC Hindley and other interested parties. My website containing Fragments of the New Testaments, together with all my other works including A Protocol for World Peace, will in all likelihood be rendered null and void by wordpress.org sometime in March, no funds being available to continue it, at least at this time. If anyone should wish to avail themselves of my scintilating, invaluable contributions to the compilative efforts of the human race, they should act without delay to download them at https://pfwp.org lest the chance of perusing these masterpieces be forever lost. Let me at least one more time thank Mr. Peter Kirby for allowing me to access this site; I hope he will favor me with his continued permission; may God bless all site administrators. Horace H. Bradley, 12:48PM EST, February 17, 2019, just three months from my 76th birthday.
Compiler

Post by Compiler »

DC Hindley and others: lest anyone think I have become too full of myself, please see the following extract of truly muscular prose which appears in one of the Thorndyke mysteries published in 1929 by Richard Austin Freeman, which I may only wish I had the power to compose, and which I can only gaze upon with envious eyes: "... as we wandered from one squalid room to another, a feeling of pity for the starving wretch into whose lair we were intruding stole over me and began almost to mitigate the hideousness of his crime. On all sides poverty utter, grinding poverty stared us in the face. It looked at us hollow-eyed in the wretched sitting-room with its bare floor its solitary chair and tiny deal table; its unfurnished walls and windows destitute of blind or curtain. A piece of Dutch cheese-rind on the table, scraped to the thinness of paper, whispered of starvation; and famine lurked in the gaping cupboard, in the empty bread-tin, in the tea-caddy with its pinch of dust at the bottom, in the jam-jar, wiped clean, as a few crumbs testified, with a crust of bread. There was not enough food in the place to furnish a meal for a healthy mouse." Horace H. Bradley, 6:49PM EST, February 17, 2019.
Compiler

Post by Compiler »

D C Hindley et al
Just an hour or so ago, the card catalogue of my library and the file called The Alphabetical Granth Sahib were added to the support volumes to THE PROTOCOL FOR WORLD PEACE (https://pswp.org). This completes the site. Thank you, Lucius Charinus, for letting me post. I became 76 on May 17; it has pleased God to let me see my life's work translated into a medium where it may be conveniently used and evaluated from any point in the known world. Now we shall see what other people say ...