Most Manuscripts are not Primary Sources

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Leucius Charinus

Re: Most Manuscripts are not Primary Sources

Post by Leucius Charinus »

StephenGoranson wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:25 am Again, of course, manuscripts and sources properly should be assessed and weighed.
Isn't that a given assumed by most historians and text critics, and seen as common sense by large swaths of the general populace?
I can agree with that.
I see it as more a spectrum than two buckets.
I could agree with that if this spectrum is better defined in this discussion. I can offer an example in regard to the Coptic NHL. Most scholars think that most (not necessarily all) tracts within the NHL have a Greek original behind them. Therefore I could agree that, for the tracts with Greek originals, it follows that the Coptic is technically secondary evidence and technically not primary evidence. Is this what you means by a spectrum between primary and secondary evidence?

The date of composition / translation of the Coptic is known to be the mid 4th century. We do not have the original Greek tracts. So their date of composition must remain hypothetical. It could be as early as the 1st/2nd/3rd century but it could be as late as the supreme rule of Constantine (325-337 CE)

I can understand how one can define different strengths of secondary evidence as well. Obviously the number of centuries removed from the period being investigated is a natural type of spectrum. Secondary evidence that is 100 years removed from the period is more valuable than evidence 200 or 1000 years removed.

Additionally there should be some difference between certain texts which are no longer extant but which are quoted by other writers, and texts which are still extant in their own right. These may be also be candidates to be placed on some sort of spectrum of "reliability" or "historical integrity".

I will return to your other points later. How would you define a spectrum in the primary evidence (or the secondary evidence for that matter)? Thanks SG
Last edited by Leucius Charinus on Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leucius Charinus

Re: We're all the indigenous peoples in Gaza now

Your fix does not appear to address the politics of anti-pagan legislation. You've also introduced the term "churchian pagans". How do you define this term?
ebion wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:59 am Constantine was a pagan and turned the Churchians into minions of his Mithras/Molech cult:
  • Saturday into Sunday
  • Passover into OEaster
  • Hebrews into Heathens
  • The patriarch of Rome into the Pontifex Maximus
  • And then the Churchunists turned Paul from an apostate into an Apostle (sic.)
The bishop of Rome (Damasus) did not assume the role of Pontifex Maximus until later in the 4th century.

It is still unclear to me what your term "Churchian" actually means or what it is being applied to. Are you referring to the "Early Christians"? Or those who preserved the canonical books? IDK.
He built on the solid Pontifex Maximus base laid down by his predecessors like Aurelian, who got his pagan army to execute anyone possessing Christian writings.
Aurelian is not listed in the so-called imperial persecution of Christians. You may be thinking of Diocletian. The evidence for these persecutions is very weak.

The Nine Claimed Pagan Persecution of Christians__________________

1. * Nero 64 to 68 Tacitus' Annals XV.44 (11th) Tertullian, Lactantius, Severus, Eusebius, Augustine
2. Domitian 89 to 96 Dio Cassius (67.14.1-2); execution of Flavius Clemens for "atheism"
3. Trajan 98 to 117 Pliny, Letters 10.96; Trajan in Pliny, Letters 10.97
4. Marcus Aurelius 161 to 180 Lyon (177 CE), Eusebius HE, 5.1.5,7.
5. Septimius Severus 193 to 211 Clement of Alexandria; Perpetua and Felicity; Leonides
6. Maximinus the Thracian 235 Pope Pontian and Hippolytus banished to the island of Sardinia.
7. * Decius 249 to 251 edict 250 CE re: sacrifice to the emperor with certificate (libellus)
8. * Valerian 253 to 260 edict (257 CE); P. Oxy 3035 (256 CE). "Order to arrest a ChrEsian".
9. * Diocletian and Galerius 284 to 305; retribution against the "Righteous Men" who silenced Apollo.

All but 4 of these (marked * above) are deemed "mythical". See "The Myth of Persecution: How Early Christians Invented a Story of Martyrdom (2013) by Candida Moss

IMO they are all mythical.

http://mountainman.com.au/essenes/imper ... stians.htm

So who are these "Churchian" operatives? Be explicit. IDK what group of people in antiquity that you are referring to.
Leucius Charinus

DCHindley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:01 pm
Leucius Charinus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:53 pm Unfortunately I was unclear in the specifications. I should have written this:

1) all the TITLES of the texts along with
2) the authors followed by
3) the date of authorship
4) the date of the earliest extant manuscript
5) a link to the information source for 4)

The list of the titles of the texts appear to be produced in the contents of each of the books in the 38 volume set of the Fathers.

An example GPT output would look something like this:

1) Philosophumena or "Refutation of All Heresies"
2) Origen / Hippolytus / "The Refutator"
3) 2nd/3rd century
4) 14th century
5) https://www.gutenberg.org/files/65478/6 ... 5478-h.htm
Boy oh boy, Pete, you will have your hands full. The online PDFs hosted by CCEL are good in that they have Greek & Hebrew letters in Unicode (CCEL volunteer reviewers had manually typed this in, apparently), but they did not scan everything, including the table format for presenting shorter & longer Greek Ignatian epistles side by side. In the ANF series that most all folks refer to, the 9th physical volume was a very detailed index of Subjects, Citations & Bibliographies (to just before the dates of publication), which CCEL did not scan using OCR. Physical Volume #10 is actually a supplemental volume containing largely apocryphal Christian literature, but also some works by Eastern fathers. Online, this is sometimes represented as "vol.9." Many online versions also carry incorrect attributions to original date of publication of these translations, authors and the series editors. Everything from all series are attributed to P. Schaff (the general editor of the NPNF series, who had absolutely nothing to do with the ANF, which is itself a republication of an earlier ANCL series from Scotland in the mid 1800s).

I have summarized the publication data for all three series (well, the ANCL series data is a little unfinished) in the following Excel spreadsheet.

ANCL-ANF-NPNF index of volumes texts & translators.xlsx

I like spreadsheets because they are little databases.
Thanks Dave. Good start.
You can expand upon it as much as you like, such as add more rows for specific documents ("Letters" becomes "Letter 1, letter 2 ..." Then you can sort the whole tables by Editor, Translator, Author, Work, attributed year/period of creation, date of editio princeps or earliest mss. You get the idea.

Yep. A great deal of work to dig out the earliest extant mss for the entire collection of the "Fathers". They are often commented upon in the translator's introduction.

Some of the manuscript databases have this info however in many cases the databases are related to a specific set of collections with the result that mss outside of their domain are not included.
Unfortunately, a lot of this will be conjecture. The ANF & NPNF series translated literally hundreds of individual works. Some translators are not mentioned by name (for instance, the English translation of the Apostolic Constitutions is by Wm Whiston from the mid-1700's). The translators of the ANCL and ANF series merely guessed at dates of composition for the 'apostolic fathers' works. I think they may have changed citations to NT books in the works of Apostolic Fathers to conform to the Authorized version (KJV), even if they were somewhat different. Usually there is an introduction to each translation or set of translations that cites when and where important manuscripts and critical inquiries are kept, and their estimated dates.

Have fun with that!

Ha ha. It's a research project for someone.

You'd think that Biblical Historians would have by now got themselves a concordance for the earliest extant ms for each of the works of the "Fathers". They most fastidiously know about the earliest extant mss for the canonical NT and for the apocryphal NT but the "Fathers" have somehow slipped away from, or be removed from, the really interesting stuff (data elements) on the table.

FWIW here is my very small collection:

EARLIEST EXTANT MANUSCRIPTS FOR THE "CHURCH FATHERS"

SUMMARY LEVEL DATA

5th Clement I and 2

0462 - Eusebius (Historia Ecclesiastica) - Syriac; Greek = 11th century

0800 - Suetonius (De vita Caesarum) *

0800 - Tertullian (Apologeticum plus) *

914 Eusebius "Against Hierocles"
914 Eusebius "Praeparatio Evangelica"

9/10TH Lucian of Samosata

10th Socrates Scholasticus:

10/11 Origen: the Manuscripts of the "Philocalia"

13th - Cyril of Aleandria "Against Julian"

1364 - Saint Justin ("Omnibus edition")

1350 - Hippolytus ("extremely crabbed hand") - C14

10/11th Irenaeus - (Latin not Greek) Claremontanus - Earliest Latin manuscript of Latin AH (C14 it)

DETAILED DATA

5th Clement I and 2
Codex Alexandrinus.

Suetonius

Caesars (De vita Caesarum); that we know the Caesars at all is due entirely to the survival of one book that emerged in north-central France, late in the 8th century or very early in the 9th, to serve as the archetype of all the extant manuscripts.
The Transmission of Suetonius’s Caesars in the Middle Ages - Robert Kaster, Princeton University

13th - Cyril of Aleandria "Against Julian"

Prosphonema, Books I-X.
F Scorial. gr. 467 (C.III.12.; End of the 12th century.-1st half of the 13th., paper), f. 1r-223r
M Marc. gr. 123 (14th, paper; in the 15th in the possession of Cardinal Bessarion [1403-1472]), f. 1r-153v

Saint Justin

Justin, Philosopher and Martyr: Apologies By Justino (Santo.)
Dated 11 September 1364, the "parisinus graecus 450".
"It is a sort of omnibus edition of Justin."

914 Eusebius "Against Hierocles"
The work is referred to by Photius in his Bibliotheca in the 9th century as codex 39.

'Arethas' codex, held at the Bibliothèque Nationale in Paris, where it has the shelfmark Codex Parisinus Graecus 451 (A). This manuscript was copied at the request of Archbishop Arethas of Caesarea in 914, and was designed as a collection of apologetic works from earliest times down to Eusebius. (See MSS of Eusebius PE for details). It is often the only manuscript for many of the second century apologists, although it does not contain Justin, Theophilus, the letter to Diognetus or Hermias.

914 Eusebius - the Manuscripts of the "Praeparatio Evangelica"
Codex Parisinus Graecus 451. Parchment. The "Arethas" codex.
Written by Baanes for Arethas, then Archbishop of Caesarea in Cappadocia.

Tertullian
http://tertullian.org/manuscripts/index.htm
The works of Tertullian come down to us in various medieval manuscripts, none older than the late 8th century.
The manuscripts sometimes contain only the Apologeticum, often together with works not by Tertullian.
The other manuscripts contain a selection of his works.

•The 8th century Codex Parisinus, Bibl. Nat. Latinus 13047 (Adv. Iud, Fulda text)
•The 8-9th century Codex Petropolitanus Latinus I Q v. 40 (S) (Apol)
•The 9th century Codex Agobardinus (a.k.a. Codex Parisinus Bibl. Nat. Latinus 1622) (A) (Various)
•The 9th century Keppel fragment (of a Corbie Ms. Spect.)
•The 9th century Codex Parisinus Latinus 1623 (Π) (Apol)

Lucian of Samosata
https://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/luci ... _intro.htm

Chief manuscripts :--

g group--

Vaticanus 90 (G), 9/10th century.
Harleianus 5694 (E), 9/10th century.
Laurentianus C. S. 77 (F), 10th century.
Marcianus 434 (W), 10/11th century.
Mutinensis 193 (S), 10th century.
Laurentianus 57, 51(L), 11th century (?).

ß group--

Vindobonensis 123 (B), 11th century (?).
Vaticanus 1324 (U), 11/12th century.
Vaticanus 76 (P).
Vaticanus 1323 (Z).
Parisinus 2957 (N).

Socrates Scholasticus:
https://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/manu ... cus_he.htm
Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana 10th

Origen: the Manuscripts of the "Philocalia" - 10th
https://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/manu ... ocalia.htm

Codex Venetus Graecus 47.
The Philocalia is a collection of extracts from the works of Origen,
assembled by St. Basil and St. Gregory Nazianzen. Since most of
Origen's works are lost, following the condemnation of "Origenism",
and the text tradition of surviving works somewhat slender,
it is a work of the highest value.

Hippolytus
an extremely crabbed hand of the fourteenth century, is full of erasures and interlineations, and has several serious lacunae.

Irenaeus
10/11th Claremontanus - Earliest Latin manuscript of Latin AH (C14 it)
13th CE Armenian ms, 6th century translation (Books 4 and 5 of AH)
1526 Erasmus Latin edition uses sources not in three mss; Thinks Irenaeus was a Latin author (No Greek!)
1713 Pfaff publishes Turin manuscript in Greek; Harnack declared it a forgery

Eusebius HE

Greek = 11th century
Syriac = 462 CE

A Syriac translation of the Church History survives in two ancient manuscripts, and there are also some fragments in other manuscripts. Curiously the later manuscript is the better text, the other having some corruptions. Since one manuscript dates to 462, yet shows evidence of being copied many times, and an Armenian translation was made from the Syriac at the start of the 5th century, it is reasonable to suppose that it was translated from Greek either during the life of Eusebius himself or soon after (W. Wright, A short history of Syriac Lit. p. 62).

The colophon on f.123v states that it was written in A. Gr. 773, that is AD 462, by a certain Isaac for someone whose name has been erased. It was probably written at Edessa. Book 6 is not present, and books 5 and 7 are missing a lot, because of the lacuna. On f.1 there is a simple drawing of the cross, coloured brown, and beside it a note which states that the book was given to the monastery of St. Mary Deipara (in the Nitrian desert in Egypt) by one Sahlun, a priest from Harran.

CLASSICAL WORKS:

Homer Iliad --- c. 400 BC
Herodotus History === 10th C
Sophocles Plays === 3rd C BC
Plato Tetralogies === AD 895
Caesar Gallic Wars === 9th C
Livy History of Rome === Early 5th C
Tacitus Annals === AD 850
Pliny, the Elder Natural History === 5th C fragment
Thucydides, History === 3rd C BC

Here's a transcript from a recent you-tube discussion related to the "Fathers":

vocesanticae wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:31 am This episode is now posted publicly on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWfQEGQeaXU
The terror faced by patristic and other scholars is confronting the fact for example that almost all our patristic manuscripts are medieval and later.

From the transcript:

Patristica 03: RECOVERING LOST TEXTS!
24:30
QUESTION:

A serious question why are colleagues from all from our field [Marcionite scholarship] not engaging with us properly or why haven't they engaged with it in the past

ANSWER: Jason BeDuhn

well it's intellectual inertia
and and just to be very Frank
very poor quality of graduate programs
in this field across the world um
it's just it's just it's just laziness
it's just it's just let's do another
of the same kind of work we've been doing
um and and behind it I think is a kind of Terror

the kind of let's not open the door to reconsidering everything right
they're afraid that the whole construct is going to come apart
I mean even people who work on patristic material are terrified
by confronting the fact for example that almost all our patristic
manuscripts are medieval and later

they don't want to open that door to the fact that we actually
don't have you know datable reliable sources
of the of a lot of these materials and we don't know
what they look like before
full well knowing just from biblical studies just
from looking at biblical manuscripts full well knowing that
scribes were always altering texts

always altering texts every step of transmission is an alteration
so this so to open open the door to all of that
is just a terror a night terror for them
and so they would rather they would rather
hunker down in in doing very you know
traditional kinds of things and and as you say
it's not it's not premised on them
having a religious commitment to it it is
it is premised on them being comfortable
in a well established field with well engraved ruts
in the road that they don't want to have to work to to get out of
and um it's frustrating to me it's frustrating to me um
the low level of of scholarship out there
and the the um the very repetitive and uninteresting
uninterestingly repetitive kinds of studies that are done

always you know stacked premise upon premise upon premise that
that all those previous premises are not examined
are not questioned are not are
not broken into and broken up

Is Jason BeDuhn correct in what he says above? Are people who work on patristic material terrified by confronting the fact for example that almost all our patristic manuscripts are medieval and later?
schillingklaus

Post by schillingklaus »

The Neronian stuff only existes in fantastic faerie tales like Quo Vadis.
StephenGoranson

Post by StephenGoranson »

Above, Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:17 pm, in part:
"The date of composition / translation of the [Nag Hammadi] Coptic is known to be the mid 4th century."

Though I agree with some other portions of the post that includes this sentence, this sentence is false.

Just as dates of Greek originals of some of these many texts are not known (other than being earlier than Coptic translations obviously), the various dates (not necessarily all the same nor all necessarily even close in time) of Coptic translations and/or compositions (or paraphrases, modifications, additions, subtractions, misunderstandings, etc.) are not known. Plural, not "The date" singular, as in the quote above.

In other words, we have copies. Not necessarily originals--though some indeed may be original first translations. In other other words, it is NOT simply "known to be the mid 4th century." That is (consciously or unconsciously) misguided reductionism. Presumimg Constantine (and anti-C.) fixation. Misplaced "neatening" or tidying up of history. imo.

More generally about evidence, let me try to nuance my attempted spectrum versus two buckets contrast. By "spectrum" I do not mean that every bit of evidence can be placed in order on a strait line from super reliable to super unreliable. Nor given a precise percentage number(s).
Dating is important for history, of course. And study of history is worthwhile and do-able, imo.
However, earlier stuff is not always better stuff. Eyewitness accounts, any experienced trial judge could attest, are not always reliable nor always mutually in agreement. An authenticated diary entry written hours after Lincoln was shot may not be wholly accurate, though portions may be quite significant. Algorithms may mislead. In considering a source, in addition to dating, other factors also matter.
Leucius Charinus

Leucius Charinus wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:17 pm
StephenGoranson wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:25 am I see it as more a spectrum than two buckets.
I could agree with that if this spectrum is better defined in this discussion. I can offer an example in regard to the Coptic NHL. Most scholars think that most (not necessarily all) tracts within the NHL have a Greek original behind them. Therefore I could agree that, for the tracts with Greek originals, it follows that the Coptic is technically secondary evidence and technically not primary evidence. Is this what you means by a spectrum between primary and secondary evidence?

The date of composition / translation of the Coptic is known to be the mid 4th century. We do not have the original Greek tracts. So their date of composition must remain hypothetical. It could be as early as the 1st/2nd/3rd century but it could be as late as the supreme rule of Constantine (325-337 CE)
StephenGoranson wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:40 am Above, Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:17 pm, in part:
"The date of composition / translation of the [Nag Hammadi] Coptic is known to be the mid 4th century."

Though I agree with some other portions of the post that includes this sentence, this sentence is false.
I was unclear. What I meant by the date (singular) of the NHL is the generally accepted date of the physical collection of codices. This date (singular) is given by the cartonnage, the paleography and the C14 dating.
Just as dates of Greek originals of some of these many texts are not known (other than being earlier than Coptic translations obviously), the various dates (not necessarily all the same nor all necessarily even close in time) of Coptic translations and/or compositions (or paraphrases, modifications, additions, subtractions, misunderstandings, etc.) are not known. Plural, not "The date" singular, as in the quote above.
I agree with this statement for the various tracts within the NHL collection. I wrote that "We do not have the original Greek tracts. (plural) So their date of composition must remain hypothetical." I perhaps should have written "their dates of composition must remain hypothetical" but I accept this as given.

In other words, we have copies. Not necessarily originals--though some indeed may be original first translations. In other other words, it is NOT simply "known to be the mid 4th century." That is (consciously or unconsciously) misguided reductionism.
My position is that we can make the claim that the physical collection - the entire physical library - was actually physically manufactured in the mid 4th century. This claim is IMO not (consciously or unconsciously) misguided reductionism.
Presumimg Constantine (and anti-C.) fixation. Misplaced "neatening" or tidying up of history. imo.
It is not a presumption to point out the fact that the date of the physical NHL is about two or three decades after the momentous events of the Nicene Council of 325 CE. Or indeed AFTER the generally accepted fact that Constantine instructed Eusebius to prepare 50 NT Bible codices for circulation. Or indeed AFTER the precipitation of the Arian controversy which embroiled the empire for centuries to come.
More generally about evidence, let me try to nuance my attempted spectrum versus two buckets contrast. By "spectrum" I do not mean that every bit of evidence can be placed in order on a strait line from super reliable to super unreliable. Nor given a precise percentage number(s).
I can agree with this. I would add however, that at the end of the day we are obliged to formulate some form of evaluation of the evidence as best we can with all the available evidence at our disposal.
Dating is important for history, of course. And study of history is worthwhile and do-able, imo.
However, earlier stuff is not always better stuff. Eyewitness accounts, any experienced trial judge could attest, are not always reliable nor always mutually in agreement. An authenticated diary entry written hours after Lincoln was shot may not be wholly accurate, though portions may be quite significant. Algorithms may mislead. In considering a source, in addition to dating, other factors also matter.
I can also agree with this.

We may agree with the claim that the date of the physical evidence (the NHL collection - mid 4th century) is later than the Nicene council, the imperial circulation of NT/LXX Bible codices (NTC) and the Arian controversy. You seem to call it a presumption that the NHL collection is in some manner reactionary to the NTC (collection) --- [Examples may be Sinaiticus and Vaticanus]. It may be a presumption or inference or deduction. But it appears to be substantiated by the accepted chronology.

It could be wrong. It could be that scribes at Nag Hammadi in the mid 4th century were completely oblivious to the roll-out of the NT Bible. But I rather doubt that.
Leucius Charinus

StephenGoranson wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:25 am
I see it as more a spectrum than two buckets.
One might also possibly describe the boundary between the two buckets as a fractal basin boundary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Basin_of_attraction
Leucius Charinus

schillingklaus wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:55 pm The Neronian stuff only existes in fantastic faerie tales like Quo Vadis.
And at the other end of the time-line the Diocletian stuff only exists in the literary sources from Eusebius, Constantine and Lactantius.

These sources would have us believe that the Christians secretly intercept the communications link between the emperor's priests of Apollo and the god. Diocletian is alarmed. The pagan priests identify the anonymous hackers as "The Righteous Men". Diocletian becomes ropable (angry). The pagan Emperor has a fit and persecutes the "Righteous Christians". The kindly tribes of barbarians (who are later instrumental in Constantine's army) gently receive the persecuted "Righteous Ones".

What could possibly go wrong?
StephenGoranson

Post by StephenGoranson »

When Nag Hammadi codices were bound tells us that the writing--composing, translating, penning, copying--was all earlier, but, by itself, not how much earlier. Several may well have been composed--and appear to have been--well before Constantine was even born. Gnosticism, as some NH mss show, certainly began long before the 4th century.
People who write against Christianity are often not subtle. Lucian, Julian, and some writers closer by.

Canons, and canons within canons, and semi-canonical works were de facto accepted by various groups. Compare the title of the late great Robert Kraft, Exploring the Scripturesque. From the publisher's blurb: "....The primary concern is with "scripturesque" materials and traditions, whether they later became canonical or not, that seem to have been respected as “scriptural” by some individuals or communities in the period prior to (or apart from) the development of an exclusivistic canonical consciousness in some Jewish and Christian circles."

Attempting to wrench whole large groups of texts into mere--and sub rosa--responses to Constantine is, to me, unpersuasive. And trivialization. And reductionism. And perhaps due to a faulty, biased inappropriate-for-history algorithm. And differing levels of proof-requiring.

If later works are secondary, less reliable, what then of a certain proposal from late 2023?
Leucius Charinus

ebion wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:59 am
Because you cite Wickedpaedia, I'll respond with some YewTube videos:
At least WIKI is secular.
These vids are not.
Is this a joke or something?

Jesus' Words Only

Reviving Focus on Jesus' Words Alone.

Our mission is to proclaim our Lord Jesus' lesson that He was the "sole teacher" (Matthew 23:8-11) and "sole pastor." (John 10:16 G. poimen.) He sternly told the apostles they were not to call themselves or anyone else a "teacher"! In John, Jesus explained why when He insisted that the "apostolos is not more important than the one who sent him." (John 13:16.) The Greek word apostolos means either the title of Apostle or messenger or one that is sent. Here Jesus meant He was more important than any Apostle or messenger.

///

Growing Realization Of This Truth In The Church.

This message of focusing only on the words of Jesus as the New Covenant inspired scripture appears overdue. The hunger for this information is reflected by the number of visitors. Since January 2008 through April 30, 2020, there have been over 18 million hits, increasing at a present rate since January 1, 2020 of over 2.8 million per annum.

By comparison, in all of 2016, the rate was 1.6 million per year. For all of 2019, it was 2.7 million per annum. Clearly, interest on this topic continues to speedily grow.

https://www.jesuswordsonly.org/index.html