Closing Of Errancywiki And Merger With Messianic Apologetic

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
JoeWallack

Closing Of Errancywiki And Merger With Messianic Apologetic

Post by JoeWallack »

JW:
A few weeks ago I saw Mel Gibson's Jesus' movie (forgot the name), re-read The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ and meditated on the traditional moral authority of the Church (especially its handling of male children). For the first time I understood how a mythical story of Jesus suffering for a few hours on a stake thousands of years ago explained the reason for the historical fact of most of my innocent relatives being tortured and murdered over a 5 year period by Nazis from a Christian country in modern times.

My good friend, Rabbi Singer, head of Outreach Judaism, had the exact same experience so we began to study JP Holding's website, Tektonics.org, together while periodically rereading Isaiah Chapter 53 (but only the KJV version) and Adam's Gospel Sources posts here in light of the new information which this website provided us not to mention considered the significance of a unknown known undated 1st century dated provenanced unprovenanced textually accurate variant of GMark and avoiding all articles by Dr. Richard Carrier and Neal Godfree (except for the ones convicting Israel of genocide). It wasn't long before we found the truth that we were looking for, that if you start with the conclusion that Jesus Christ was the prophesied Jewish Messiah according to the Tanakh, than you will conclude that Jesus Christ was the prophesied Jewish Messiah according to the Tanakh. Hallelujah Amen.

Effective immediately ErrancyWiki will be closed and then merged with Messianic Apologetic as an evangelistic tool.

In Hymn, Joseph Elizabeth Wallack

MessianicApologetic
Ulan

Re: Closing Of Errancywiki And Merger With Messianic Apologe

Post by Ulan »

Which reminds me that I've been posting here for just over a year. Time flies.

I like "Neal Godfree". A nice touch.
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

I am sorry I'll compete with your Holocaust allusion. My family had every kind of experience from the Second World War. My great grandmother (Bergen Belsen), my grandfather (the Velodrome in Paris to a concentration camp in North Africa), my mom and grandmother escaped Paris on the last train to Switzerland where they clung with their finger nails for 5 years. With all that my Dad who was German spent four years in Siberia taken from his home at 15 years old. No one has a monopoly on suffering and injustice.

And the identification or equating of Nazi Germany with Christianity is complete bullshit. Hitler hated Christianity and what the Nazis did was developed independently of traditional justifications for anti-Semitism.

You want to stop Jewish kids from converting to Christianity (a young Russian Jewish girl at my bank told me she loves Jesus) that's cool. I don't care who believes what. But making this about our ancestors is unjustified.

The Holocaust was not caused by Christian conversion efforts. Hitler killed you because of your Jewish flesh and blood not what you believed.
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

That's funny. I just closed a deal to sell Early Christian Writings to the Southern Baptist Convention for six figures. Quite a coincidence!
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

April Fools! ???
Leucius Charinus

Post by Leucius Charinus »

Tim O'Neil's blog site has finally convinced me of the existence of the Historical Jesus and I have enrolled in the Sydney Theological Seminary to prepare myself for the task of spreading the "Good News" of the advent of the One True Son of the One True Living God of Israel, the British Commonwealth of Nations, the United States Military Machine and the Great Southern Land of Australia. Exciting times!

LC
A "cobbler of fables" [Augustine]; "Leucius is the disciple of the devil" [Decretum Gelasianum]; and his books "should be utterly swept away and burned" [Pope Leo I]; they are the "source and mother of all heresy" [Photius]
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

Stephan Huller wrote: Hitler hated Christianity ...
Have a look around here http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm
Stephan Huller

Post by Stephan Huller »

Yeah but those quotes from Mein Kampf are no different than an American leader saying he believes in the Lord. This was a public book. But I can tell you from reliable sources (my father's family) that Nazi Germany did not encourage Christian beliefs and viewed it as suspiciously associated with Judaism.
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

There's a whole lot of layers to Nazi Germany & religion: Hitler's beliefs; those of other senior Nazis individuals; v a Party line.

The country itself was quite religious: it didn't need to spend time "encouraging Christian beliefs" as it was more an authoritarian/totalitarian militarized machine.

Did you see Hitler's painting of baby Jesus? on this page

Or the Frauenschaft Badge, the belt buckle, the Deutsche Christen Badge, or the Deutsche Christen Pin on that mementoes page?
he went to a monastery school and, interestingly, walked everyday past a stone arch which was carved the monastery's coat of arms which included a swastika.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm
The swastika had been a religious symbol for thousands of years before the Nazis co-opted it.
Ulan

Post by Ulan »

Stephan Huller wrote:Yeah but those quotes from Mein Kampf are no different than an American leader saying he believes in the Lord. This was a public book. But I can tell you from reliable sources (my father's family) that Nazi Germany did not encourage Christian beliefs and viewed it as suspiciously associated with Judaism.
The connection is a bit more complicated. Hitler was Roman-Catholic, and he paid his church dues until the very end. He was actually religious in a way, but he followed his personal belief in this regard, which was in part formed by the gMatthew claim that the Jews killed the Savior. He nevertheless thought the Bible got this wrong and was the product of Jewish negativity. This means that his antisemitism was, in part, even religion-based. He transferred the "chosen people" part from Jews to Germans, and he thought he was doing God's will. It's an esoteric belief system, but definitely founded in his Catholic upbringing.