soil shows James & Mary ossuaries authentic?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
ficino

soil shows James & Mary ossuaries authentic?

Post by ficino »

This geological researcher, Aryeh Shimron, says that soil traces on the notorious "James son of Joseph" ossuary line up with those from the Talpiot tomb, in which other ossuaries were found. One of those other ossuaries is of "Judah son of Jesus," and there is one of a Mary. He theorizes that the James ossuary was originally in this tomb. He goes on to suppose that the Talpiot tomb was indeed the tomb of Jesus' family, and that Jesus had at least one son. Shimron seems to have received funding from movie-maker Simcha Jacovici, but the Israel Antiquities Authority provided access to the tomb and did a lot of the sampling work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/world ... paper&_r=0

There are skeptics, including the owner of the James ossuary, who point out that the soil type in question is found in many places in East Talpiot. And of course the names were common.
outhouse

Re: soil shows James & Mary ossuaries authentic?

Post by outhouse »

Garbage in and garbage out. Your title is also misleading as the soil doesn't make anything authentic .

Unless finds are discovered by credible archeologist, they can speculate all hey want, and its worthless.

This is not credible work, it is sensationalism to promote personal fame and monetary gain.

Best to avoid this trash alltogether
ficino

Post by ficino »

outhouse wrote:Garbage in and garbage out. Your title is also misleading as the soil doesn't make anything authentic .
Ha ha, I tricked you into reading this shit. I guess that's why you're known as outhouse. Now how about getting an education.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

ficino wrote:
outhouse wrote:Garbage in and garbage out. Your title is also misleading as the soil doesn't make anything authentic .
Ha ha, I tricked you into reading this shit. I guess that's why you're known as outhouse. Now how about getting an education.
You think I read it? Wow how childish you are.

I already know this in detail inside and out. Golan the forger who deals in valuable frauds magically has in his possession for 40 years, a box and he didn't know what the inscription said .

And Simcha :facepalm: puuuullease
ficino

Post by ficino »

The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Were any bones ever found in these ossuaries? I cannot remember. Reason I ask is the Jews practiced then what was known as "Secondary Burial" such as the jesus burial where by the body was laid out in a tomb long enough for the flesh to rot off the bones. Then the bones were placed in these ossuaries. How does this guy figure the soil confirms authenticity? The Jews aversion of the dead is well known thus the burial of the deceased as quickly as possible. Hell for all we know everyone of these people could have ended up in a trash heap in the street or in an unmarked grave in the "Graveyard of the Condemned"......