The dominical logia (for Ulan).

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Ben C. Smith

Re: The dominical logia (for Ulan).

Post by Ben C. Smith »

Secret Alias wrote:We're just making castles made of sand here. The study of early Christianity is principally a study of corrupt texts that aren't recognized as corrupt texts. There isn't just the potential for misrepresentation. The misrepresentation of what we are dealing with is baked into the end products of all scholarship.
I will bear that in mind next time you quote one of those texts for me and then say case closed. :D

Ben.
ΤΙ ΕΣΤΙΝ ΑΛΗΘΕΙΑ
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

It's one matter defining Irenaeus's position given that we have many writings of Irenaeus than defining Mark's.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

I am not saying that no knowledge is possible but rather that any knowledge is necessarily limited to mostly irrelevant things.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote