Kraft's Messianic Macaroni and "Jesus"

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Re: Kraft's Messianic Macaroni and "Jesus"

Post by Secret Alias »

For the Samaritans the word Ta’eb does not mean someone that repents but someone that comes back again. It is used in the the extant texts in the sense of someone that makes something come back again, the Tabernacle or the Ruuta but here Moses 'returning' so Deuteronomy 18:15, 18. Moses is a second God, the 'viceroy' of the Almighty (cf. two powers in heaven). The messiah is a subordinate figure in the Jewish tradition (non-existent in the Samaritan tradition). But Philo's assumptions about Moses basically parallel Marqeh's.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Secret Alias

Post by Secret Alias »

Given that Christianity's main assumption is that 'Jesus' is superior to Moses all roads lead to the idea that 'Jesus' was a god not a man. Deuteronomy 34:10.
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Peter Kirby
Site Admin

Post by Peter Kirby »

Ignorant goy that I am, I am watching a movie about Moses with Christian Bale to understand these matters better. For example now I know that Moses saw God and led the Hebrew people out of Egypt. And before that they were spared by painting their doors with the blood of lambs. Very interesting. Good to know.

(Seriously I think you are correct about the Taheb and the one ' Samaritan reference ' that Kraft finds.)
"... almost every critical biblical position was earlier advanced by skeptics." - Raymond Brown