Went to Oracle at Delphi, it was Clothed.Mark use of Clothes

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
DCHindley

Re: Went to Oracle at Delphi, it was Clothed.Mark use of Clo

Post by DCHindley »

Ben C. Smith wrote:[DCH,] Your definition of eis needs to go in the accusative column. (I have not verified the entire table; that one just stuck out for me.)
To be honest, I no longer remember where it came from. Probably class notes where I (horrors!) erred, writing it was used with the Ablative instead of the Accusative.

Here is a website that gets it right:

http://www.bcbsr.com/greek/gprep.html

DCH
JoeWallack

I'd Walk to the Kingdom for a Camel

Post by JoeWallack »

Animal

JW:
"Mark" (author) invokes the word "camel" twice in his usual connecting/contrasting style:

6 And John was clothed with camel`s hair, and [had] a leathern girdle about his loins, and did eat locusts and wild honey.
John is in the wilderness with no significant physical possessions except camel. In contrast, his spiritual message of getting into the spiritual kingdom is highly (so to speak) significant.

Verses:

25 It is easier for a camel to go through a needle`s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Physically, the lack of possessions is a disadvantage, but spiritually it is an advantage. Note the repeated camel connection to clothing (needle).

Joseph

The New Porphyry