Irenaeus and Forging the Canon Using Imperial Archives

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Secret Alias

Irenaeus and Forging the Canon Using Imperial Archives

Post by Secret Alias »

I just wanted to let people at the forum know I took bits and pieces from stuff I developed here put it into an article and sent it to a prominent expert on manuscripts, archives etc and he actually responded today with a lengthy discussion of the idea but summarized:
The argument with the archives is a good one, also the assumption that the argument was used that it was found in an archive to promote forgeries.
I am telling you my friends after YEARS and YEARS of thinking about this topic I think I figured it out finally. Will keep everyone updated on the two articles I am readying for submission to journals on this subject before I die. The first on whether Celsus found Christian books in the public archives the second whether Irenaeus used the public archives to forge the same Christian books found by Celsus. I won't exactly deal with the topic of whether Celsus read the books that Irenaeus deposited because I think it is difficult to prove when either of these men lived and worked.

Another of my papers on a completely different subject has been accepted for publication in a major journal. More about that later ...
“Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote