On the kiss of Judas

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

Re: On the kiss of Judas

Post by Giuseppe »

Also the version Mark used appears to be a little more developed (slightly later version) than the one Matthew used, which is one reason I date Mark posterior to Matthew.
I am strongly debtor to Stuart for making me realize that Mark is a protocatholic Gospel as Matthew and even more late than Matthew.

So all fits, in my view in progress:

A) The first Gospel condemned the 12 (beyond if it did reflect or not 'heretical' theology)
B) Matthew considered Peter an apostate, because still under the influence of the first gospel's negative portrait of Peter.
C) Mark revalues Peter against Matthew, revealing that in the meantime something is changed: now Peter has become the definitive icon of the Orthodox camp.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
Giuseppe

Re: On the kiss of Judas

Post by Giuseppe »

See what Jesus says about Judah. Before the ''woes'':

The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe
[by Demiurg] to that man who betrays him!”
(Luke 22:22)

...and after the surprising antithesis:

but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the apparent Son of Man with a kiss?”
(Luke 22:48)

...to signify that Jesus has already forgiven Judah and he will continue to love him, therefore Jesus contrasts his friendly acceptation of the kiss of Judah with the 'woe' that the Demiurge will fall on Judah after his death. The antithesis is raised because the usual betrayal in Antiquity expected the murder on the spot of the person who is betrayed (see the death of Caesar, see the death of Pompey, see the same death of John the Baptist). But Jesus is not killed in Gethesemani, but... ....kissed!

Note the great contradiction raised by our proto-catholic gospels when they link the 'woes' on the betrayer with the answer of Jesus to Judah: Jesus is to be thought angry even when he asks to Judah 'with a kiss you betray me?'' because it's implicit now that the proto-catholic Jesus will be the author of the infernal 'woe' on Judah.

Since Jesus is shown very much cruel with Judah (even when Jesus is kissed!) , then the proto-catholic Gospels Matthew and Luke-Acts will introduce the suicide of Judah so that is Judah to punish himself and not the Creator God.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.