Jesus' appearances to Peter and James

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
rakovsky

Re: Jesus' appearances to Peter and James

Post by rakovsky »

Ben C. Smith wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:36 pm I am pretty certain the Nazoraean gospel is indeed a version of canonical Matthew with some changes made and additions inserted. I am pretty certain the Ebionite gospel is a combination of Matthean and Lucan materials with tendentious additions and changes. What I am not at all certain about is that the gospel known in Egypt as the gospel of the Hebrews is the same as either of these. Remember, just because the fathers used the same name for two texts does not mean that those two texts are the same text. The Diatessaron, whatever it was, was most certainly not the same thing as any of these gospels called "according to the Hebrews," despite Epiphanius telling us that it was called that by some.
Ben,
You made a good point about how the Diatessaron was called the gospel "according to the Hebrews" but was probably actually different.

My research on the prophecies of the Messiah's resurrection: http://rakovskii.livejournal.com