Coloring the Truth: Sinaiticus

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Maestroh
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

Re: Coloring the Truth: Sinaiticusi

Post by Maestroh » Mon May 25, 2020 7:18 am

Steven Avery wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:10 am
So your answer is “No”.

With fuzz and buzz.
Let's see....you've now had six years.....and all I've seen are a bunch of assertions.

Incidentally, are you gonna grow a pair and actually debate the Comma Johanneum?
Or will you continue to contribute nothing more than online insults from afar?

User avatar
JoeWallack
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:22 pm
Contact:

Simonides Said "I Wrote That I Wrote It." "I Wrote It". Simonides Didn't Saaay.

Post by JoeWallack » Mon May 25, 2020 4:07 pm

JW:
All professional Paleographers that have studied it have concluded that Sinaiticus is early. From a Textual Criticism standpoint Sinaiticus probably has better support for early than any other Manuscript due to the layering of successively newer readings. Stephen does not appear to have any quality offsetting evidence that Sinaiticus is late. So, question for Stephen, what is your single best evidence that Sinaiticus is late?


Joseph

Skeptical Textual Criticism

Steven Avery
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 am

professional palaeographers who have studied Sinaiticus

Post by Steven Avery » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi Joe,

One point at a time. :)
JoeWallack wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:07 pm
JW:
All professional Paleographers that have studied it have concluded that Sinaiticus is early.
First, can you name the professional palaeographers that have studied Sinaiticus, and were actually handling the manuscript, especially those who were looking at both sections?

Also if you do have any names, please note if they were in the employ or under contract with the owners of the manuscript sections. It would be helpful if they were independent, as was planned for the 2015 materials testing in Leipzig (that was cancelled.)

Thanks!

Steven
Last edited by Steven Avery on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Steven Avery
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 am

heavenly witnesses discussion

Post by Steven Avery » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:33 pm

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:
and these three are one.

Anybody who wants to discuss the heavenly witnesses (aka Comma Johanneum) pubilcly, probably should contact Joshua Gibbs.

Joshua interviewed me on the topic.

More on 1 John 5:7~Covering Contra-Arguments & more with Steven Avery
https://www.facebook.com/10001006560081 ... 538387921/
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Qse1IQ_0k

However, afaik, Joshua will have nothing to do with vulgarity.

And I think Joshua would in fact like to arrange a discussion where James Snapp was the one taking the contra-authenticity position.

Maestroh
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

Re: professional palaeographers who have studied Sinaiticus

Post by Maestroh » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:07 pm

Steven Avery wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:19 pm
Hi Joe,

One point at a time. :)
JoeWallack wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:07 pm
JW:
All professional Paleographers that have studied it have concluded that Sinaiticus is early.
First, can you name the professional palaeographers that have studied Sinaiticus, and were actually handling the manuscript, especially those who were looking at both sections?


Ah, but this is not necessary for YOU, right?

I mean YOUR OWN POSITION is that YOU can click a mouse online and know how old it is, so your demand for "but who handled it" is nothing short of hypocrisy.

Also if you do have any names, please note if they were in the employ or under contract with the owners of the manuscript sections.


It would be helpful if they were independent, as was planned for the 2015 materials testing in Leipzig (that was cancelled.)

Thanks!

Steven

Anyone else notice this little two-face is insisting on "independent verification" for Sinaiticus, but he's insistent on you believing "because Stone Cold said so" on who wrote the gospels????


How about you give me the names of the people who handled it (your insistence) that gave it a 19th century date?


I'll save you the time, the list is below:

Maestroh
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

Re: heavenly witnesses discussion

Post by Maestroh » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Steven Avery wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:33 pm

However, afaik, Joshua will have nothing to do with vulgarity.

And I think Joshua would in fact like to arrange a discussion where James Snapp was the one taking the contra-authenticity position.
You're such a whiny little baby. Run all over the Net trashing people and then get kicked back hard and you turn and run like every other bully ("he's being so mean to me!")

Steven Avery
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 am

Re: Coloring the Truth: Sinaiticus

Post by Steven Avery » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:35 am

Actually, you are the only "Christian:" poster I run into that is frequently vulgar.

Still waiting for Joe Wallack to list his:

"professional palaeographers that have studied Sinaiticus".

Maestroh
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

Re: Coloring the Truth: Sinaiticus

Post by Maestroh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Steven Avery wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:35 am
Actually, you are the only "Christian:" poster I run into that is frequently vulgar.
"professional palaeographers that have studied Sinaiticus".
You're the one who - for reasons known only to you - has decided to make your mark in the world insulting people and being a hypocrite to boot.

Your only problem is you're used to engaging people that won't hit you back hard.

"Christian" says a guy whose doctrine would have him burned at the stake by the very same Reformers he pretends are on his side.

I treat you the way you treat other people.
You insult people and hide behind a keyboard.
The difference in you and I is that I've offered to debate your subjects face to face, and you cower in fear, because you'd never say the stuff to people's faces that you say online.

Steven Avery
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 am

Re: Coloring the Truth: Sinaiticus

Post by Steven Avery » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:03 pm

thanks for the useless blah-blah.

My question for Joe remains unanswered.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joe,

One point at a time. :)
JoeWallack wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:07 pm
JW:
All professional Paleographers that have studied it have concluded that Sinaiticus is early.
First, can you name the professional palaeographers that have studied Sinaiticus, and were actually handling the manuscript, especially those who were looking at both sections?

Also if you do have any names, please note if they were in the employ or under contract with the owners of the manuscript sections. It would be helpful if they were independent, as was planned for the 2015 materials testing in Leipzig (that was cancelled.)

Thanks!

Steven

Post Reply