On the place of the Last Supper

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Giuseppe

On the place of the Last Supper

Post by Giuseppe »

He will take you upstairs to a large room that is already set up. That is where you should prepare our meal.”
(Mark 14:15)

Why 'upstairs' ?

I would have an explanation that may give also more light on all the Passion story.

I already wrote this.

And I remember this.
...a medieval heretic gospel in which God told the angels that whoever of them would endure the tribulations written in a heavenly book would become his Son. All the others fainted dead away, but Jesus accepted the challenge and embarked on the Incarnation, Crucifixion, etc.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1650&sid=ae5a2daba7 ... 34b#p37673

My hypothesis: the place of Last Supper is ''upstairs'' because that is allegorically the place where, on a cosmic level, ''God told the angels that whoever of them would endure the tribulations written in a heavenly book would become his Son. All the others fainted dead away, but Jesus accepted the challenge and embarked on the Incarnation, Crucifixion, etc.''.

Note the similiarities:
Jesus who offers his body and his blood is basically saying: ''Take my place, suffer with me''.

It's implicit that the 12 disciples, allegories of the angels on the third heaven, are reluctant to accept.

According to a Jewish tradition, Satan fails to accept the worship of Adam, too.
Worship of Adam did not imply that Adam was a god himself. Like all or most pagan images that were representatives of the deity Adam was worshiped by most angels as the way to worship God. To stand up like Shadrach, Meshach and Adednego in this instance was to become the enemy of God, Satan.
http://vridar.org/2015/09/23/when-god-c ... p-of-adam/

If Jesus is the cosmic new Adam, then the step is short.

It's implicit that Satan ''enters'' in Judas when he betrayes Jesus.

Judas, like Peter, like the other apostles, obviates any need for the Last Supper. Their answer is 'No, I do not want to imitate Jesus''. They are all the new rebel angels.

The theme of being on a high place (''upstairs'') is repeated in Mark 14:26 :
Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.

The identity disciples=angels is made more strong because they ''sang a hymn''.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
arnoldo

Re: On the place of the Last Supper

Post by arnoldo »

Giuseppe wrote:
The theme of being on a high place (''upstairs'') is repeated in Mark 14:26 :
Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.

The identity disciples=angels is made more strong because they ''sang a hymn''.
This video allegedly shows the general location where the last supper took place.

Also see:The African Memory of Mark