The secret of the sacrifices

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
iskander

Re: The secret of the sacrifices

Post by iskander »

The problems with this story are indeed legion :) , but the dividing line of the story is applicable to the real world .

My dividing line is :

" The Golden Calf
26then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, “Who is on the LORD’s side? Come to me!” And all the sons of Levi gathered around him. 27He said to them, “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, ‘Put your sword on your side, each of you! Go back and forth from gate to gate throughout the camp, and each of you kill your brother, your friend, and your neighbour.’ ” 28The sons of Levi did as Moses commanded, and about three thousand of the people fell on that day. 29Moses said, “Today you have ordained yourselves for the service of the LORD,"

This defining line helps to explain the why of real events . For example:

Many years BCE Greece developed a civilization that created architecture, theatre, mathematics, art, commerce, philosophy, democratic politics, Greece also defeated the invasion of the mighty Persian Empire and finally Alexander conquered Persia and treated the captive population as equals. Greece did all this while being polytheistic. That is godless evil or whatever!!

While Greece was doing all this, the true god of the holy produced nothing comparable. They only produced a historical account of genocide during the conquest of the small plot of land that the one-god had allocated to them in return for absolute obedience.

Moving on to the central theme of this thread: there exist a real temple and there exist a real reforming movement . Where to place the real dividing line?; And hence discover the secret of the real sacrifices.
iskander

Post by iskander »

The religious sacrificial system and the duties placed on the population by the temple make the government of the nation.

The reformers include one group whose leader is identified with Yeshu ha Notzri. This group claims that only the ten commandments were given to Moses in Sinai and the rest of the Torah comes -not from God but -from men and should be ignored.

The cleansing of the temple -- like the crossing of the Rubicon-- is the event that makes war between the temple and this group unavoidable.

Jesus in the cleansing of the temple, was behaving as Oliver Cromwell will do many years later when he dissolved the Rump Parliament with these words : " You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... In the name of God, go!"
http://www.parliament.uk/about/living-h ... dissolved/

I prefer to see Jesus as foreseeing the words of Friedrich Nietzsche:
"But blood is the very worst witness to truth; blood tainteth the purest teaching, and turneth it into delusion and hatred of heart".
iskander

Post by iskander »

iskander wrote:In the gospel of Mark an unknown man joins a pious faction which was seeking to obtain divine help. This faction prayed, and the Decalogue was declared to be the only words of god . This faction rejected the pagan animal sacrifices and they also rejected the priesthood who had replaced the divine rule with their own inventions. That programme was a beautiful beginning that will get him killed and ...
Epilogue
What did the man say?

"To these evils we must add superstition, which teaches men to despise reason and nature, and only to admire and venerate that which is repugnant to both: whence it is not wonderful that for the sake of increasing the admiration and veneration felt for Scripture, men strive to explain it so as to make it appear to contradict, as far as possible, both one and the other: thus they dream that most profound mysteries lie hid in the Bible, and weary themselves out in the investigation of these absurdities, to the neglect of what is useful.

Every result of their diseased imagination they attribute to the Holy Ghost, and strive to defend with the utmost zeal and passion; for it is an observed fact that men employ their reason to defend conclusions arrived at by reason, but conclusions arrived at by the passions are defended by the passions."

Baruch Spinoza, On the interpretation of Scripture.
iskander

Post by iskander »

The epitaph, perhaps
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

iskander wrote:The reformers include one group whose leader is identified with Yeshu ha Notzri.
Mark 13: 33 - 37 (RSV):

[33] Take heed, watch; for you do not know when the time will come.
[34] It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to be on the watch.
[35] Watch therefore -- for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or at cockcrow, or in the morning --
[36] lest he come suddenly and find you asleep.
[37] And what I say to you I say to all: Watch."

"Yeshu the Watcher", from Guardtown.

We come at this from different angles but you are on to something here. The Cleansing of the Temple and the Watch that Fails come from the Temple Slaughter, IMHO. The Priest who throws out the Moneychangers et.al. is caught outside in a sudden late night Massacre and is saved "by a miracle".
Keep Lookin'!

CW
iskander

Post by iskander »

Yeshu the Watcher for some, but Yeshu HaNotzri for others as this video explains. Minutes 10-14
http://www.torahcafe.com/rabbi-tzvi-her ... a07b2.html
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

iskander wrote:Yeshu the Watcher for some, but Yeshu HaNotzri for others as this video explains. Minutes 10-14
OOPS! I apologize, iskander. I left something out:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/le ... ongs=h5341

"Na-Tsar": Watch, Guard, etc.
So: Yeshu ha Notzri
"And what I say to you I say to all: Watch." "
iskander

Post by iskander »

Charles Wilson wrote:
iskander wrote:Yeshu the Watcher for some, but Yeshu HaNotzri for others as this video explains. Minutes 10-14
OOPS! I apologize, iskander. I left something out:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/le ... ongs=h5341

"Na-Tsar": Watch, Guard, etc.
So: Yeshu ha Notzri
"And what I say to you I say to all: Watch." "
This video explains the importance of the heretic Yeshu HaNotzri in Judaism
http://www.torahcafe.com/rabbi-benjamin ... a8f1c.html
Minutes 38-42
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Thank you, iskander. Interesting that at around 41 min. mark, "...the ten utterances...the book of ___________". What got edited out?
Note: My suggestion is not whimsical but is an interpretation that on the floor of the Temple, before the Temple Slaughter at Passover, there were people who were supposed to "Watch" for trouble. The child Peter may have been one of these. As the Tension builds and the Sacrifices find people "streaming into the Temple area" (Josephus), a decision is made - "Order in the Troops". It occurs during the Fourth Watch. The "Fourth Watch" is a Roman term! Jewish Soldiers had 3 watches.

The Watch failed. This is the purpose of the Markan quote. See the mis-named Story of "The Ten Maidens" in Matthew 25. The decision is that sudden and that final. The children are asleep (or kept from participating) and unable to warn the Priests. It is here, as Peter suddenly becomes aware of the Atrocity that the child runs to the door at Antonia and denies "Jesus" as a Massacre is going on on the other side of the door (Note: You would have done the same. "Jesus" would have denied knowing Jesus...). Hence, "Jesus of Guardtown". The Intentionality of the event becomes Transvalued.

Thank you,

CW
iskander

Post by iskander »

Information on Jesus was edited out .
As in this case:
http://www.kesser.org/moshiach/rambam.html

The Laws Concerning Moshiach
Chapters 11 & 12 of Hilchos Melachim from the Mishneh Torah of the Rambam

"The translation of this classic text which Sichos In English presents herewith is not only new, but - unlike almost all of the extant printed editions, even in the Hebrew original - unexpurgated. All the passages suppressed by various medieval Christian censors have been translated in full. They appear here in the footnotes that are keyed to the exact positions from which they were deleted
FOOTNOTES
4. 4.At this point, the uncensored original text continued as follows: "Whoever adds to [the mitzvoth] or detracts from them, or misinterprets the the Torah, implying that the mitzvos are not intended to be understood literally, is surely a wicked imposter and a heretic."

5. The whole of the following passage was deleted from most of the editions published since the Venice edition of 1574.

"Jesus of Nazareth who aspired to be the Moshiach and was executed by the court was also spoken of in Daniel's prophecies [Daniel 11:14], "The renegades among your people shall exalt themselves in an attempt to fulfill the vision, but they shall stumble."

"Can there be a greater stumbling block than [Christianity]? All the prophets spoke of Moshiach as the redeemer of Israel and their savior, who would gather their dispersed ones and strengthen their [observance of] the mitzvos. In contrast [the founder of Christianity] caused the Jews to be slain by the sword, their remnants to be scattered and humiliated, the Torah to be altered, and the majority of the world to err and serve a god other than the L-rd.

"Nevertheless, the intent of the Creator of the world is not within the power of man to comprehend, for [to paraphrase Yeshayahu 55:8] His ways are not our ways, nor are His thoughts our thoughts. [Ultimately,] all the deeds of Jesus of Nazareth and that Ishmaelite [i.e. Mohammed] who arose after him will only serve to pave the way for the coming of Moshiach and for the improvement of the entire world, [motivating the nations] to serve G-d together, as it is written [Zephaniah 3:9], "I will make the peoples pure of speech so that they will all call upon the Name of G-d and serve Him with one purpose."
."