The Grafted Story of the Empty Tomb

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Adam

Re: The Grafted Story of the Empty Tomb

Post by Adam »

Regarding P1 and P2, I already stated my position that the style and content is like S and that only Teeple's atheism led him to reject it as the same source strand.
The same thing applies to John 21. Here again Teeple resorted to the dodge of declaring the properly "E" passages as 'SOURCE: STORY OF CATCHING FISH" and "SOURCE: STORY OF A MEAL" Even he felt compelled to observe the convention that John 21 is an appendix, when his own stylistic analysis shows that it is integral to the text. John 21 IS sort of an appendix, but its style shows it is the "last hurrah" of the Editor himself, the inserter of the Beloved Disciple material apparently about himself. Thus I argue that the Gospel of John is not his testimony, basically, but as the Muratorian Canon states he put out his own and collective witness in his own name (John the Apostle, not some other John).
Any "appendix" is "R": John 21:18-24 (with 21:25 a yet later gloss per Teeple)--and scattered throughout the whole text as at John 19:31-37; 19:6-8; 13:27-29; 11:30-31 and 1:28(-30?) plus innumerable redactional insertions of a single verse or less.