Mysteries I Am Too Stupid to Solve: Cerinthus & Corinthian

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Duvduv

Re: Mysteries I Am Too Stupid to Solve: Cerinthus & Corinthi

Post by Duvduv »

Never any questions is no proof of anything at all.......if folks accept with faith the claims of the church that's their business, but it sure is different that asserting empirical proof for the existence of Christianity earlier on, for which no empirical proof actually exists.
stephan happy huller wrote:But there never was any question or controversy about the existence of Christianity in the early period until the birth of Pete the mountain goat. So you are arguing that the ancient writers were preparing a defense in anticipation of the advent of our moronic companion here at the forum
ph2ter

Re: Mysteries I Am Too Stupid to Solve: Cerinthus & Corinthi

Post by ph2ter »

DCHindley wrote: Are you calling the author of Acts 9:25 a liar?
Acts is a secondary source.
DCHindley wrote: If one thinks about it, the ἐν before the word means "in." Are you suggesting Paul was wound up in a rope, and not in a basket made of rope?
No. Why?
I only said that Paul escaped in a basket made of a plaited rope (such basket was evidently lowered by a rope of some length down the wall).

Paul's basket has in OT a parellel - Moses' basket by which Moses was 'saved from the water' and from the Pharaoh's order to kill all newborn Hebrew boys by drowning them in the river Nile.
Paul fled to Arabia, paralleling Moses' flight to Arabia after killing an Egyptian.
Moses established, and Paul abolished the Law.
Moses was drown out from the basket, and Paul was put into the basket and lowered down.
Are these coincidences or not, I do not know.