3-Year Ministry Timeline of Jesus

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
MrMacSon

Re: 3-Year Ministry Timeline of Jesus

Post by MrMacSon »

outhouse wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Jew ... 3Roman_War

The Great Revolt began in the year 66 CE, originating in Roman and Jewish ethnic tensions. The crisis escalated due to anti-taxation protests and attacks upon Roman citizens.
Maybe mr Bernard does not comprehend what Roman and Jewish ethnic tensions actually were
Yet you misrepresent them more. Note -
  • "originating in Roman and Jewish ethnic tensions"
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

MrMacSon wrote: Yet you misrepresent them more. Note -

How so?

I'm posting direct quotes

Ive said this before and it is close to fact as a fact can be in a historical situation. Jews were oppressed by Hellenist Roman overlords, so Jews fought their oppressors.

Now you can add any detail you like, and I would probably agree, but that is the core of exactly what happened. Not all Jews were open to the perversion of their religion by Hellenist who chose which laws to follow, and which to simply dismiss willy nilly.
jbejon

Post by jbejon »

Ged wrote:Early Christian historian, Eusebius, said that Jesus’ ministry lasted three years. I agree, and so do a lot of commentaries and people who attempt to harmonize the gospels. However, problems start when we try to make St. Johns account fit with the synoptic gospels; big problems. :(

Ive finally managed to get my timeline up on the forum. Here is how I see a 3-year, step by step, chronology of Jesus’ ministry. Notice how it takes the sequence of events in St Johns gospel more seriously than what some have thought. My view is that the synoptic gospels do not contradict John after all. However, we need to accept two separate ‘cleansings’ of the temple – one at each end of his ministry. Let’s see what folks think, and I’ll try to explain my scheme as we go along.

Ged

Boy, this is a long thread! Just wanted to say, I like your timeline. I’ve come to a very similar chronology of Jesus’ ministry myself. Thanks for the post. James.
Ged

Post by Ged »

Thanks James. If you want the related article on my site please go here:
The science of arranging time in periods and ascertaining the dates and historical order of past events.