Temple?

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
Kris

Temple?

Post by Kris »

Not sure where this should go--- but it seems to relate to Christian end times crap so I put it here. Anything to worry about?
Last edited by Kris on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
outhouse

Re: Temple?

Post by outhouse »

Its Jew rhetoric, nothing more.
Marginal_Juice

Post by Marginal_Juice »

Before building the temple they should first remove that fake 'Tomb' of JC aka temple of Aphrodite, which is a epitome of collective stupidity of human beings.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

If they did anything it would be to remove that eyesore mosque of the foundation.
John2

Post by John2 »

The last time I thought about this I leaned towards Tuvia Sagiv's idea that the Temple Mount was built by Hadrian and not Herod, and that the Temple, "or at least its remnants, exist between Al-Aksa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock in the area of Al Kas fountain."

http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-ar ... -floor.htm

I used to think that "the place the Lord will choose as dwelling for His name" meant wherever the ark was, because the divine name was on the ten commandments, and Jer. 7:12 says "'Go now to the place in Shiloh where I first made a dwelling for my Name, and see what I did to it because of the wickedness of my people Israel." The Wikipedia page on Shiloh notes that:
According to Talmudic sources, the tent sanctuary remained at Shiloh for 369 years until the Ark of the Covenant was taken into the battle camp (1 Samuel 4:3–5) at Eben-Ezer and captured by the Philistines at Aphek (probably Antipatris). At some point during its long stay at Shiloh, the portable tent seems to have been enclosed within a compound—a Greek "temenos". According to I Samuel 1–3, Shiloh was the site of a physical structure that had "doors" (1 Samuel 3:15). At some point, the Tent of Meeting was moved to Gibeon, which became an Israelite holy site under David and Solomon.

Shiloh was one of the main centers of Israelite worship during the pre-monarchic period, by virtue of the presence there of the Tent Shrine and Ark of the Covenant. The people made pilgrimages there for major feasts and sacrifices, and Judges 21 records the place as the site of an annual dance of maidens among the vineyards.
Plus the OT mentions all kinds of altars to God outside of Jerusalem that were made with God's approval, from Noah (Gen 8:20) to Abraham in Bethel (Gen 12:8, 13:3-4) and Isaac in Beersheba (Gen. 26:23-25). And 2 Kings 23:22-23 says that, "Neither in the days of the judges who led Israel nor in the days of the kings of Israel and the kings of Judah had any such Passover been observed. But in the eighteenth year of King Josiah, this Passover was celebrated to the Lord in Jerusalem."

So what difference does it make where an altar is? Who decided that "the place the Lord will choose to put his name" is Jerusalem? Hilkiah, the Jerusalem priest who supposedly found "the Book of the Law in the temple of the Lord" in 2 Kings 22:8? Who decided it was previously in Shiloh? What does it matter, ultimately? To me it's about wherever the ark is. So make a new one and put it somewhere that doesn't bother anyone. The directions are in Ex. 25:10-22.
You know in spite of all you gained, you still have to stand out in the pouring rain.
Marginal_Juice

Post by Marginal_Juice »

outhouse wrote:If they did anything it would be to remove that eyesore mosque of the foundation.

TBH That mosque is a beaut they should remove that fake tomb of JC aka Loly Sepulchre or erstwhile temple of Aphrodite because its really no reason to worship a fabricated deity in 21st century also its kinda insulting to Jews too, i mean they suffered the most during crusades.
neilgodfrey

Post by neilgodfrey »

Good idea. Rebuild the temple, restore animal sacrifices, stone sabbath breakers and blasphemers . . . . Just like the good old days.
vridar.org Musings on biblical studies, politics, religion, ethics, human nature, tidbits from science
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

John2 wrote:
The last time I thought about this I leaned towards Tuvia Sagiv's idea that the Temple Mount was built by Hadrian and not Herod,

Utterly retarded. Herods temple has 100% historicity.
MrMacSon

Post by MrMacSon »

outhouse wrote:
John2 wrote: The last time I thought about this I leaned towards Tuvia Sagiv's idea that the Temple Mount was built by Hadrian and not Herod,
Utterly retarded. Herods temple has 100% historicity.
outhouse's comment is more "utterly retarded". The Temple Mount is different to the Temple.
outhouse

Post by outhouse »

MrMacSon wrote: The Temple Mount is different to the Temple.

Hadrian has nothing to do with the building of the temple mount, it was retarded to suggest such. And for you to assume I did not know.