NT/apocrypha and its knowledge of the Gospels

Discussion about the New Testament, apocrypha, gnostics, church fathers, Christian origins, historical Jesus or otherwise, etc.
gmx

Re: NT/apocrypha and its knowledge of the Gospels

Post by gmx »

The argument that the surviving Paulina contains Paul's complete doctrine is reasonably fanciful, unless you want to argue that Paul is completely fictional and all texts are forged in the name of his fictional personage, or you want to argue that Galatians 2 is an interpolation. If Paul has been preaching his Gospel for 14 years, and needs to check it with the Jerusalem establishment, it surely consists of more than the three-line Gospel we know of from his "genuine" epistles.
I saw a Naked girl ,Slowly emerge in front of me,Greek hairstyle,Very beautiful,She has a beautiful [fine] profile.; She is fine in profile. the view of profile,hard to tell.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

I remember that somewhere in The Amazing Colossal Apostle, prof Price does the argument that the proto-catholics who forged the later letters under the name of Paul deliberately omitted, in spite of themselves, the largest possible number of references to a Gospel Jesus, because it was clear for them that a distinctive feature of the original pauline letters was considered just the absence of any reference to a Gospel Jesus (the strategy: ''if you want to pass as ''Paul'', never mention the Gospel Jesus'').

This would mean that just this fact (of very few references to a Gospel Jesus in the epistles written after the writing of the Gospels) is more expected on mythicism.
Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio. -Liv. xxxix. 16.
gmx

Post by gmx »

Thanks for that. The problem of biographical indifference exists not only in the deutero-Pauline and pastorals but also the canonical epistles which purport to originate with eyewitnesses of Christ. I believe an explanation is required which explains the phenomenon across the breadth of formative Christian literature.
I saw a Naked girl ,Slowly emerge in front of me,Greek hairstyle,Very beautiful,She has a beautiful [fine] profile.; She is fine in profile. the view of profile,hard to tell.